Catching up from 105

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Forumqwester, May 22, 2021.

1. Forumqwester New Member

Can anyone give me some advice on catching up from TDS/ TBM era? I have a bunch of toons on the firiona vie server, decked out in TBM group gear and some TDS raid. I have not experienced any of the new kunark, burning lands or velious expansions. Would the gnome mountain HA be a good place to start? Info on any other easy missions or HA's to ease into would be appreciated
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

EoK would be where you should be starting, FM is probably the easiest place to start too, lots of good xp spots there provided you can box another character or have one that can solo/molo and plenty of named to work with. EoK/RoS crafted gear if you can find anyone who can craft it for you is also really decent.

GMM I would wait until 110 to start tackling.
  3. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

The Gnome Memorial Mountain equipment is equivalent to The Burning Lands (required level 110), and I think the mobs are about that expansion's difficulty level. I think you'd want to be 110 to tackle that mission. Others may have their advice, but I would suggest working your way through the EoK expansion's achievements. The xp would be decent and some of the named can drop augs you'd want. Once you hit 106, you'd want to get Congflagrant gear, which was tradeskill gear from the Ring of Scale expansion. (Assuming you have the cash, you can just buy it in the bazaar - if not, then you might be able to find the raw materials cheap enough to make it yourself if you are into tradeskills or as a way to get someone to make it for you cheaper than just buying it complete).

That would be a good place to start getting back into it. If you make it to 110 before finishing the EoK progression, then you'd have options of where to go from there.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

As said previously I'd head to EoK next. Skip RoS and TBL those are rough expansions, Skyfire has drakes flying around which will overwhelm you and OT has mobs with nasty dots which they like to cast as soon as they are agroed. I'd personally do
    EOK >GMM > TOV

GMM is a lot easier than TBL, TOV isn't that bad shaman were soloing there when it first when live and you may find a few groups still there doing quests and hunter.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

EOK is poor xp if you want to grind all the way to 110. Once you can equip conflagrant gear(crafted RoS, level 106), you could try to move on to howling stones in RoS, the center-basement is a good grind spot. Sathir's tomb is good too.
    Note that 108-115 are considered hell-levels. Luckily, the achievement XP-rewards from completing ToV-progression are huge, so work on them when you get to 110+.

Also consider doing /overseer for the collections and XP-rewards, its basically free XP. :)
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

1. Learn to use Overseer.
    Do Research tasks for straight XP (remember to have your merc active when you claim the rewards to get that merc AA xp). Do Trade/Exploration/Diplomatic tasks for collectible dispensers. Completing collections in most expansions gives you 2% xp of a level, no matter the level (I think it's RoF where the xp rewards are still crappy). Utilizing Overseer can net you 5-10% xp a day (xp rewards get bigger as you level so always check the rewards to understand what you're getting). Overseer xp rewards are affected by bonus XP periods.

2. Get to 106 as soon as possible and get your toons in conflagrant gear. When you hit 110, start using ToV T1 gear (it's tradeable).

3. Level up in EoK. FM and Droga are good, mindless grind zones. As you get closer to 110, Howling Stones in RoS would be good.

4. Avoid TBL. It's a crap expansion and everything but 1 zone is locked behind progression.

5. As you get closer to 110, GMM will probably start being a good option. I wouldn't try the HAs until you're 110 +. Take ANY gear rots from this zone (weapons and on-visibles).

6. Like someone said, 111-115 are hell levels. Grinding alone won't get you through those levels and will just result in frustration. Do progression in ToV. Don't do any ToV missions/take any mission adds until you're close to 111 because you don't want to waste that sweet xp you get from them. The four missions are HUGE chunks of xp. Between Overseer and the progression rewards, you'll hit 115 in no time. Take any task/mission adds from CoV.
    Coagagin and Yinla like this.
  7. Vaeeldar Augur

I would avoid missions until 113.5 for the progression missions. Doing the 4 quickly at that point gets you to 115 in an hour (if you can knock all 4 out that is).
  8. Forumqwester New Member

Thanks for all the responses.