Catch up Raids

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sylence, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Sylence New Member

I think that new expansions should have catch up raids. Raids that are easy, require no progression and have loot rewards that are better than that expansions group gear. I think RoF did this really well with Veeshan. Awesome nostalgia, but essentially a loot pinata that was a bit better than the "real" RoF raid gear.

My raid group is essentially stuck, we cannot do any TBL raids, we can do Goro, but struggle with Catikki, we can do EoK but not enough have progression for T3 EoK.

Yes, I know we can "get gud" and "play better" and yes I know that we do not put in the hours that others do. But we aren't gong to. If the game gets boring...ie we completely hit a wall and can't progress we just quit. All of us have lives outside of video games, and struggle for the 8-12 hours of playtime we have every week.

I get that there are maxers out there who deserve rewards for the work they put in. I think that the evolving items and other chase items are great for them. I guess I just think that the game is better if a broader group can be included in the good but not best category.
  2. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I agree that 1-off raids should be a thing in each expansion. it doesn't have to be spectacular, heck imo not even creative.... could be basically a straight tank and spank type event that gives raid gear (or at least raid focuses) equivalent to the last expansions or some such.
  3. Allayna Augur

I liked the one-off raids from TBM that didn't give flags or coin, but gave T-0 raid gear. I could see that being a helpful hand to mid-tier in future expansions.
  4. Ryino Elder

Yeah I really wish this was part of every expac. Can be simple like you said an old raid zone with everything leveled up and a bunch of tank and spank mobs. Maybe have the final mob have some mechanics to follow.
  5. Puzzling Journeyman

With nada raid flags, simple group tasks/missions the ring evolves, for simply running around the boots evolve, and for killing semi recent group game named and a fair amount of grey cons, the gloves evolve. The shoulders are a little more annoying, unless you always did collections.

The point you can evolve them to without "Finishing TBL" is what 9500hp? depending on the type18/19s you pick its 10-12k???? This is NOT exclusive to raiders, but it does take more than logging in once or twice a week for raids.

Long story short, you are included, if you decide to work on it.

I for one would not support cake walk raids that people end up abusing for lazy loot.
  6. Cicelee Augur

So to understand... you are not willing to put forth the effort to play better, to put in the time, and to be the best you can be. But you want the phat loots that those who do can get?

Entitlement?
  7. Mazame Augur

GMM is what your asking for. the first event is not that hard now that it been nerfed. yes it don't have visibles but it will help to gear your guild a bit.
  8. Fian Augur

From what I have seen, first GMM raid is harder than Fire TBL raid. The problem with this expansion is the T1 raids are too difficult, plus TBL group gear is more powerful than 2 expansion old raid gear (EOK). While I would support more TBM plane of fear/hate raids, they really need to make more T1 raids like Goro which doesn't have much of a dps requirement.