Casual Player's top desires

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tegl, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Moklianne Augur

Knowing the game continues to erode to extremely casual play styles affects me. Especially, when the original content was never intended to be casual in the first place. Its easy enough for a max level toon to decimate any of that old continent in the first place. That's actually the problem. If it were up to me, there would be a level cap for zoning into these older zones.

I'm sorry, I've said it every thread you've created or piped in on when it comes to this topic and I'll say it again: Leave the original static zones alone and allow them to be instanced for said drops with all mobs instantly up when you zone in. Make it expansion content if need be.
  2. Tharrg Augur

See I was against instance zones.. .mainly because I think it would take more time than just changeing spawn times.. but at this point.. if they wanted to do that to every zone that had a rare spawn... so be it. At least it would be something.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Looks like my simpsons quote was deleted heh. Anyway...

You keep touting there's a problem and a lot of the community doesn't think so.

Agree with Ed. There's another thread for that subject (where you've been posting plenty).
  4. ~Mills~ Augur

A few problems with your false premise.

You want valuable developer time wasted on old raid content being sped up because you want something from it regardless if its not actually broken. Using current group mobs as your support on how and why it should change.

You complain there are an evil one or two people who hold down all the mobs in EQ down on your server solely for pleasure or profit. When in reality its 40 other like minded people who never had the time or ability to camp it prior and now must farm it one or fifty times to actually get what they want. They now have heroic toons with 6,000 AA that they can setup in 10 different camps to use at their discretion to farm with. So lets negate any fun in the game by simply flooding the game with everything to everyone which is exactly spot on to the simply just issue you more money so everyone is happy metaphor.
  5. Mithrandyr Augur

Yinla likes this.
  6. Phrett Augur

After reading much of this thread, the PoWar thread, and a few others... it's become obvious to me what the majority of casual player's top desire is...
  7. Edrick Augur

I have a guess, but do tell.
  8. Mithrandyr Augur

Raging on forums, AFK, while someone ganks their epic mob.
  9. Casidia Augur

Listening to casual players was the start of Eq losing a lot of it's charm.
    This game was never made for people who have 1 hour per day.
    There are other games, genres etc. for you.
    Or if you still want to play it, be satisfied with what you can do with your limited time.

Everquest was created as an addictive "massive" multiplayer game, aka stuff where people can hang in around for hours daily without getting bored.
    Which also makes the suggestion of 2 mercs per player the absolute worst i have ever heared, 1 merc is already questionable in multiplayer games where Bots are normally frowned upon.
    2 would take the .... out of this.
  10. Gortar Augur

Casidia and botting doesn't? People will do what people want to do. I like one toon and want to focus on it. When I cant get a group I can a) sit bored / play another game b) bot c) solo very, very low lvl mobs (in relation to my lvl/aa) d) ask for something I want! :D

I don't expect it to happen and only mention it due to the thread being about what casual gamers want. EQ has always been casual gamer focused, it was turned into a boring raid game after it was released. This idea will be shot down and will be disagreed with, but it used to be more casual to me than it is now.

I, of course, have always played EQ the way I wanted to play it. Soloing a paladin pre kunark to soloing as a bst now (yes I was a bit of a hardcore gamer back in the day and was in large raiding guild(s) through the years.. that would be why I dislike raiding so much now). It was possible for my paladin to solo current content through SOV, but it's not possible for my paladin (or bst main) to do that now. Of course, now, I can simply use 5 f2p bots and make a joke of mobs, but that is not what I want to do in EQ. I would rather make suggestions toward what I would enjoy in EQ. If they aren't accepted by others, then they just aren't.
  11. Gortar Augur

Note: I have been told I suck at EQ and my inability to do things is just me and not the game. So take that into mind when commenting on my posts :)
    Koneko likes this.
  12. Casidia Augur

Having it harder when you can't find people to play with is the very concept of a social multiplayer game, thinking like that you should always be able to do what you want alone was the end of this industry!
    (for now....) Wth stops you from playing something more solo friendly instead, like a strategy game?
  13. Koneko Augur

I will vouch that he needs a mage to help do stuff with!
  14. Gortar Augur

I have done things the way I do things since beta? What's wrong with me enjoying the game my way for 15 years? You can disavow the forums if you don't wish others to have opinions .. it works both ways?
  15. hakmer Augur

----------------------------
    the start of eq losing it's charm and most of it's player base was GoD, which was tuned for raiders.. and even they whined about it. So, if you are going to make these kinds of claims.. at least make true claims. Planes of power was a wonderful mix, ykesha was more like an add-on.. everyone loved ldons.. then GoD.. and a mass exodus. quit spreading false propaganda. The problem with raiders is that the raid content doesn't satisfy them. Then they want to encroach on the group game.
    My desire would be an end game zone that did not allow you to wear gear with slot 8. That gives raiders incentive to play alts or farm group gear, and makes the zone a level playing field. Raiders have many raid zones groupers cannot enter and kill, why not make one the other way around?
    Quite honestly there are a bunch of raiders who could not do well in that kind of zone without the inflated stats. They have no skill.
  16. Dumpler New Member

Get rid of we casual players and EQ is going bye bye. Devs are catering to our needs because they need us. They need to remove the req. number of players for group and raid tasks for past expansions and the idea of a single player running two mercs seems like a pretty good idea to me.

Casual players who play alone because of time constraints pay the same as people who play more often.
  17. Casidia Augur

Alright time to burst some of your bubbles i guess, even if it's not the original topic...

Some of the most prominent quitters during that time (FoH, AL) were already pissed at the game because of the raid progression in your glorified PoP.
    Because of the Rathe (the ultimate c***block encounter)
    Because of the Plane of Time

But not only those prominent examples, a lot of people got burned out during PoP.
    The grind of finishing this expansion was so high, that (even if you enjoyed it) after beating PoTime you did feel like you finished this game.

So GoD came along, wasn't perfect and boom we have the perfect scapegoat.
    Tuned for raiders only? I don't think so, me and my friends had a lot of fun and we did not raid much at this time. Because it was so punishing, it may be shocking but some of us actually like that in games. Not only raids were very hard here but everything. Mobs in normal group zones, this was not tuned for Raiders.

What you are talking about is some people quitting for different reasons, most built up before GoD was released and it was just the big boom and perfect stopping point with a new expansion.

What i talked about was the basics of Eq being changed.
    GoD at least had some zone progression, for both groups and raids.
    Do you think those people would have stayed, if after PoP you would have presented them what we have now? Wow that was a good laugh, i can totally imagine FoH zoning into instance raids that they already know from the group missions. Being done on the first day with raids.
    Oh i would love to read a Furor website update on that, for old times sake.
  18. Edrick Augur

Gates wasn't tuned for raiders only, it was, at least the latter half, tuned for people five levels higher than the current cap. That is why the expansion wasn't beaten until the next expansion came out!

Woops!
  19. Thancra Loladin

First, I personally disliked ldon expansion, grinding dungeons over and over = meh.

Second, raiders DO play in the group content, maybe not all, but a good amount are doing the group progression aswell as raiding. While people that aren't raiding are doing group content only, some are playing the whole game (including the raids) of Everquest. As for the "oh raiders can't play because they're used to great gear" and "oh groupers stick in group content because they can't play in raid", it's getting old and I'd advise the people with this mindset to work on their social skill and get in touch with more people outside of their clique.

Last, GoD had a good amount of group content (that was hard, same as the raids), this with the release of new shiny games contributed to the decrease in the playerbase. I doubt people would have quit (for where?) without the new games.
  20. Phrett Augur

[IMG]
    Petts and Yesway like this.