Caster raid shields in EoK?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jumbur, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I have been browsing the different sites with raid-loot info: zam, eqresource and raidloot, and couldn't find an answer.

Is there a caster shield that drops from a raid-event in EoK, or is there only the super-rare group shield and the invested tome of obulous from FM ancients?

I also spotted the shield: "echo of the void" which doesn't seem to drop from anything? :confused: Is this a mistake, or are there still raid-drops that haven't been discovered?

Caster shields will be too rare if we are limited to lucky rare drops.
  2. Sancus Augur

No idea what event it's from, but Echo of the Void is available to me on the raid vendor.

That said, even the group version of Tome of the Obulous makes raid shields pretty obsolete outside of magelo padding and root rotting, so I don't see it as a huge issue.
    Felicite and Sindaiann like this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I pretty much only use shields when face-tanking, so the group version of the tome would be a downgrade from me in that situation.
    I use a 2-hander with lots of proc-augs when raiding for dps, so unless the tome-proc is better dps than a 2-hander proc, I will probably stay with a 2-hander for raids.
    Or is the tome proc THAT good?
    The element of kunark used for upgrading the tome, is kinda expensive in dkp, so I considered the echo of the void as a potentially cheap upgrade(dkp-wise), if it drops that is....:)

I am probably not going to spend 200-ish coins on it though...
  4. Thraine Augur

That shield drops out of one of the korsha lab raids, we've had only 2 of them drop since we got into T3 .. oddly enough both dropped on the same night lol
  5. seber Augur

Caster shields been rare he'll last ten yrs most time wis caster one drop more 10 to 1 lol
  6. S33k3r Augur

The proc is :-
    Strikes your opponent for 4000 damage and reduces their hate by 16000.
    Heals you for 4000 damage and 400 mana.

I normally see it crit for 27k but on raids with the right adps I have seen it hit for 34k
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Hmm, that is a good proc indeed, but the best 1-hander with a damage proc, is still the fleshburner of boromas(the 1-hander in EOK has no damage proc), and that proc is rather weak compared to the 2-hander procs.
    Tough choice...
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Wow 100% chance to lose 32k agro is pretty sweet!
  9. Cicelee Augur

There is a caster raid shield from one of the T3 raids that has a proc of lowering hate.

To maximize DPS, wizards and magicians will use the raid 2hb with two DD proc augments.

I have the 2hb set up, and I have a 1h/shield set up for situations where I care about aggro control (solo) and about mana (solo, groups, certain raids). I use Tooth (melee proc mana return, spell DD proc mana return) with a mana return augment for the weapon, and the Tome (mana return, DD proc, aggro reducer all in one) in conjunction with it. Having three potential mana returns (four if I melee) is nice to have in certain situations...
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

That Tome is looking better everytime I look at it. Maybe I should see if I could get some ancient help in FM, stop being a ceapskate with my dkp and get that element of kunark. :)
  11. Brohg Augur

I wish Element of Kunark were just a will-you-spend-the-dkp issue. My guild has gotten just 3 in 48 raid chests.
    Sindaiann and gotwar like this.
  12. Sindaiann Augur

Drop rate seems to have changed imo. We clear it all and we saw 11 by 01/17/17 and have saw 3 since then.
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It's possible, we've seen an increase last few weeks as well :)
  14. Bigstomp Augur

It's rare. as are tank shields. Coins are an amazing fix for rare items just buy what you want.
  15. seber Augur

that I done last 5yr so used coins and wis caster shield are rott in 2 week exp drop
    but tank and int caster shield rare hell lol..
  16. Maedhros High King

You must not have raided T3 yet. The Tooth and a group version Tome of the Ob with some mana regen procs augs in them are a very useful bandolier for pretty much all caster classes when mana becomes a major issue in T3. Until your guild gets the greater percentage of the raid finished with their Essence of the Dragon II achievements, expect those events to be over 40 minutes long and filled with alot of dying, and some mana drain mixed in for good measure. The larger procs on the 2hander arent worth much if you dont have mana to cast. The Elements of Kunark are quite rare and should ideally be going to tanks for the Invested Wurmslayer until they all have them, so the group Tome is a handy item indeed.

Additionally, caster shields have been pretty underpowered for quite some time compared to the 2handers. Moving the proc from the Tome of the Ob to caster raid shields going forward in the future would be a welcome move. Would be akin to a tank class having a 2hander and a shield option, casters would have higher dps option with the 2hander and more mana regen options with their 1hander and shield bandolier.
  17. Cicelee Augur

T3 raids are over 40 minutes long?!?!?!?!? The halfling!

I think some guilds may want to use a disc or two earlier instead of waiting. Goodness gracious.
  18. Tyreel Augur

Half the struggle of T3 is knowing what discs and clicks to not use due to the zone wide effect. Options that normally suck can become really great all of a sudden...
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Correct, our guild is only just now beginning on tier 2. :)
    I didn't knew mana would be such an issue later on, I thought you could avoid the mana drains by getting the "Essence of the dragon I"-achievement... looks like I should have kept my "Truesight hammer".:oops: oh well, maybe a cheap tooth will "rot" for me, before we get to T3...
  20. jeskola pheerie

what>