Caster Primary - Level 100 Mark of Valor merchant

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zinloz, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Zinloz New Member

Hello,

I went to look at the weapon options from the level 100 mark of valor merchant today, to see if I want to wait 5 levels or just buy the level 95 staff. However, he does not sell any caster primary slot items. He sells caster shields, and melee/healer/hybrid primaries, but nothing for casters primary. I thought maybe it was a bug so I looked up his vendor listing and it doesn't appear to be a bug.

Is there somewhere else int casters are supposed to purchase a weapon at 100 with marks of valor that I'm missing? Or just an oversight?
  2. Kindred Journeyman

I checked raidloot and I didn't see any thing but there's 2 chase items for casters and a potential drop from the task "Hate Rising" in Neriak 4th gate. Also another one from something called Xulous Prime. I don't think it's an oversight, probably intentional.
  3. Zinloz New Member

Well, if intentional, definitely weird, since every other class in the game can purchase a primary slot weapon for marks of valor.

Thank you for the info on the other options, I'll look into them.
  4. Kindred Journeyman

While technically true for warriors, it's not their usual agro style weapon that they can buy with marks of valor.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

Raidloot.com is your friend for gear if you don't already use it. Hands down my favorite site for researching just gear. Simple search box feature but so useful and a time saver when trying to figure out what potential upgrades are available.
  6. Quill Augur

I prefer going 2h like 90% of the time. I'll pull out the sword and board in a pinch if I need to tank split a TBM HA.. but the dps on blast with the 2h'r in the current game is too nice. I'm not exactly competing for agro, though, and the 2h'r destroys mercs for both agro and damage.

Either way, i'd go with a 1h'r out of TBM, instead of CoF. You'll get a much better ratio and heroics.

The sepulcher gem off the level 95 vendor is quality for proc aug, though.