Caster box group tweaking

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ezoz, Jul 12, 2019.

1. ezoz New Member

I run a 6 box war, cle, druid, chanter, mag wiz. I also run a melee but I enjoy my caster team. I beat tbl and all challenger. I swap the Cle out for a mag or shaman depending on what I am doing. My buddy just started playing an sk and the amount of casting he does benefits from my teams ADPS so much I wanna swap my warrior.
    This is what I am talking about.

[55933] Frostreave Aura Effect II
    Target: Single
    Range: 300'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 18s+ (3 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 6 Matching Spells
    1: Cast: Frostreave Strike II on Spell Use (100% Chance)
    2: Limit Type: Detrimental
    3: Limit Effect: Current HP
    5: Limit Spell: Exclude Frostreave Strike II
    6: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    7: Limit Max Level: 115 (lose 100% per level)
    8: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10

[57278/6734] Mana Repetition II
    Range: 200'
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 18s+ (3 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 6 Matching Spells
    1: Cast: Mana Repetition Strike II on Spell Use (100% Chance)
    2: Limit Type: Detrimental
    5: Limit Spell: Exclude Mana Repetition Strike II
    6: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    7: Limit Max Level: 110 (lose 100% per level)
    8: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10

[58212/6772] Dissident Reinforcement 3
    Classes: ENC/250
    Skill: Abjuration
    Range: 300'
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 6s
    Duration: 12s+ (2 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 16 Matching Spells
    1: Cast: Dissident Reinforced Strike 3 on Spell Use (Base1=16) e.g. Cast Time 2s=4% 3s=5.3% 4s=8.0% 5s=10.7%
    2: Limit Max Level: 115 (lose 100% per level)
    4: Limit Type: Detrimental
    5: Limit Spells: Exclude Dissident Reinforced Strike
    6: Limit Min Mana Cost: 100
    7: Increase Current Mana by 2742
    8: Increase Spell Damage by 3770 (Before Crit)
    9: Limit Max Level: 115 (lose 100% per level)
    10: Limit Effect: Current HP
    11: Limit Type: Detrimental
    12: Limit Min Mana Cost: 100

They all stack, and the SK can has a chance to proc each on of those on each spell he casts. I am not whining I was just curios if any one else swapped out tanks and noticed a big difference.

On the other end just to play both sides. I enjoy the RP of a warrior over a SK. MY sk will probably have to stay in shield stance since I am boxing, whereas my warrior is only in DW unless SHTF. Also Ive played my warrior for so long I do not want to give him up, and the thought of grinding to 110 plus augs, gear, for a tank.....

Any one make the switch or attempt it?
    Hows the change?
    Also I do have a melle group where my warrior is the star. war, sham,bard,rog,bersker, mag. i just like the caster team better.
  2. aozs Augur

I'm currently running war/pal/rog/zerk/brd/shm. Used to box sk/enc/wiz/wiz a couple years ago.

I haven't done exactly what you're asking about, but I have some thoughts you might find useful:

Caster-oriented aDPS is probably not a good enough reason to switch tanks. If you're in shield stance anyway, the SK isn't going to do great DPS. Not sure how it'd compare to a warrior in DW with that group. For reference I was around 50k with my SK with shield, and my warrior sustains around 200-220k with brd+shm aDPS.

Fresh tank - if you have a 7th account, it'd make things much easier to bring up a second tank with your main tank still functional. I got my pally up as a 2nd tank/healer and threw on a suit of TBL T2 + GMM and was able to tank adequately as a fresh 110. If not on FV, you could drag the SK around and collect gear until ready to make the swap. Otherwise, if you're just swapping out the warrior, I figure you'll need to rely on pet tanking for quite some time. I don't think augs are a big deal.
  3. Brohg Augur

This feels like an awfully substantial hobble to so casually concede
    Sancus likes this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

I don't have a good idea about how big of a difference it'd make but if i could change a char's class I'd totally switch my war to an sk for an expansion to try it out, even if my war only gear didnt carry over in any way.
  5. TheStugots Augur

Make a new FTP account with the SK, grind it up with your warrior as the tank easily. 5+ months til new expansion. Plenty of time to experiment