Cases where game masters will not intervene

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Numiko, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Fendy Augur

WTF? Was that English?
    Soltara and Axxius like this.
  2. Naugrin Augur

We obviously disagree. I gotta say I am not shocked. I do have one question for you though. How long do you think their current level of tech and account support will last?

The bottom line of this for me is this...

I am again getting less for my money.
    Caell likes this.
  3. Jezzie Augur

My guess would be that the Egregious's first language is probably not English. He/she also uses a program to translate to English.
    I would also guess that the software that provides this service receives numerous complaints about the service they provide.
    They probably don't do anything about it because they probably don't have a customer service department.

Oh well!

Can anybody recommend some good software so he/she can get the service they're looking for and were probably expecting?
    I hope they don't pay a sub
    Hiladdar likes this.
  4. Melanippe Augur

Apparently you as well as the people making the decisions at Daybreak have completely discounted the fact that Customer Service is a known expense of doing good business. Intelligent individuals who run good companies are well aware that the value returned by operating a Customer Service department never shows up on the books, however intelligent individuals who run good companies know that Customer Service affects their bottom line.

Zero, eh? Zero customer support equals Zero customers eventually. Good to know that zero works for you.
  5. Battleaxe Augur

I'm not getting less for my money.

1. I don't activate keyloggers and I don't share my password.

2. In the last 5ish years I've petitioned maybe twice. One was approved and one wasn't. If both had not been I would have been fine (but delayed in getting one reward).

3. In every case I've seen either a technical issue could be resolved by asking around or was so complicated that the reply was "Thank you for posting your question to this free support forum. Professional email, online, and phone support is available with a paid subscription. Information here."

In other words if you can manage with some non-employee gurus attempting to help its all good. If you want an employee to do work for you its extra.

In other words I'm not getting one thing less than I already never got and really didn't need in the first place.

Gosh, the Fortune 500 companies I worked for didn't have a customer service booth. What fail! I'm satisfied with my intellect lol. Fact of the matter is we had telephone answerers read from a FAQ script. Exanple - "Did you try rebooting in safe mode from your last known good boot?" You want my hands to touch code or data you better be paying us a 6 or 7 figure contract and your non-trivial "CS" was good for about 30 days after project delivery. After that it's, "Hello. I am Tom. How may I help you.?"

Thread reminds me of random guy complaining about Microsoft Support in forums. Actual Microsoft Support a not cheap. Not cheap at all. Very not cheap.

Maybe Daybreak should sell non-trivial support and extended warrentees if people actually need a lot of support.
  6. Melanippe Augur

Battleaxe said:

I notice you said Fortune 500 companies plural. That speaks volumes with respect to your veracity. However, your comment taken as a whole proves my point. Thank you.
    Geri_Petrovna likes this.
  7. Battleaxe Augur

Last time I checked two were in the Fortune 500. Sometimes a better opportunity is found in the next job rather than the current one. I rather take it as your posts prove my contentions.

People won't take obvious precautions if they can get free CS to wipe their chins for them.
    1. Did you share your password?
    2. Do you use this password elsewhere?
    3. Have you clicked on an executable file attached to an email?

They get a lot more self reliant if it costs them money to have it wiped. Intelligent people who work in good companies know this. That's why "Tom" answers the free CS phone line and you don't get through to real support unless you pay extra or have a pile of leverage.

We're retail customers. Afaik we don't have a service contract whose terms are being violated by Daybreak. IF I'd had a dozen CS issues in the last year I might feel differently about CS and the product as a whole, but I didn't and I don't expect to in the future.
  8. Fendy Augur

Babel fish, google translate
    Hiladdar and Axxius like this.
  9. Fendy Augur

Advertising is a known expense of doing good business as well. Something EQ hasn't done in a decade or so?
    Hiladdar likes this.
  10. Fendy Augur

Egregious is now the first and only forum member I've ever put on ignore.
    SaderakhBertox, Yinla and Laronk like this.
  11. Vlad Diszno Augur

Jezzie posted

"My guess would be that the Egregious's first language is probably not English. He/she also uses a program to translate to English.
    I would also guess that the software that provides this service receives numerous complaints about the service they provide.
    They probably don't do anything about it because they probably don't have a customer service department."

Empathy meter going up.

The few times I've ever asked for GM help, I was graciously helped and was very satisfied. It certainly felt good to get the help. Guess I won't be experiencing that particular feeling anymore.
    Soltara likes this.
  12. Aghinem Augur

Reading and re-reading this entire thread, the #1 complaint tends to lean towards the non-recovery of a a accidentally deleted character...

My two questions are this.

1. Is a accidentally deleted character such a common issue that this needs to be complained about?
    2. In the entire time of everyone complaining about this, have any of you actually accidentally deleted a toon? (Hacks do not count - as the language in their policy does not speak about hacked accounts - that is just assumed by the players)
  13. Fendy Augur

There was a period of time when calling customer service got you someone with a strong Indian accent. Someone who was obviously reading from a handbook and had absolutely no first hand game knowledge. I was a guide at the time so had slightly more knowledge of EQ CS than the average player. (this was around 2000-2001 time frame) It was verboten to identify myself as a guide or to quote instances where my particular problem had been handled for other players by an in game GM so I had to simply thank this individual in India for spending 5 minutes not helping me and wish him a good day. In retrospect I think that experience was better than what the current CS model appears to be.
  14. Axxius Augur

o_O

I wonder if this is how EverQuest players sound to the upper management of Daybreak. They have no idea what we are talking about, do they? :rolleyes:
    Jezzie likes this.
  15. xtremeqg New Member

Hopefully this has already been voiced but I only found out about it today after a guildie pointed it out to me. There is this interesting read on the support/help page that marks policy changes which did actually affect me and a friend of mine directly.

In my case I bought some non-refundable no-drop items by mistake (CoTF T2 visible gear for those wondering) trying help gear out a friend whom was interested in getting back into the game. I was politely told by two different GMs to take a hike and spend another few weeks/months farming up enough points. Easier said than done considering the lockouts you guys put on HAs not long ago!

Now I don't mind changes but some of these are outright attacks on player satisfaction. I get that SOE Daybreak is busy going solo, I get that your trying to milk SC for all it's worth and I get that you need to cut down costs...

However, as a long-time player (started Kunark-era) I do remember a time when GMs were actually helpful. After GMs turned fabled and guides took over, things started to water down but now we're hitting an all-time low.

The key points:
    • Deleted items: Please reacquire any deleted items through gameplay
    Okay, you introduced recovery tokens for SC. Fair enough, you did provide a alternative means for players to recover from accidents.
    • Accidentally sold items: Buy the item back from a vendor. If it cannot be bought back, reacquire the item through gameplay.
    Reasonable, vendors will sell items back to you (albeit at inflated price). I do however see a problem where a zone or servers have been reset and thus the vendor will no longer hold the item. There is no mention of any such exception.
    • Accidentally bought items: Sell the unintended item back to the vendor (not all items can be sold back unfortunately) and purchase the intended item.
    There are currently many vendors (especially armor vendors and requisitioners) that will sell items for (sometimes) hard to obtain alternative currency but refuse to take the item back. This is something even the author is aware of yet somehow adding a sell-back value to such items is too difficult?
    • Misloots: The Game Masters will not move items that were looted by accident or sent/traded to an unintended character.
    Especially raiding guilds will rage on this. Accidents happen and you should not punish people for making mistakes after putting in hard work!
    • Accidental item modification (combines, augs, ornaments, etc): Please acquire the items again through gameplay.
    I can't say I've had experience with such myself but something that might fall in this category is when upgrading items such as by turn-ins. There are currently no safeguards or warnings in place that prevent or remind players of performing irreversible actions.
    • Renaming: The Game Masters will not change a character's first name, surname, or Guild name upon request. Name change potions are available on the marketplace.
    Fair enough, there is an alternative available albeit costing SC.
    • Guild Administration: The Game Masters will not administrate a guild or intervene in Guild management affairs in any way. There are in-game means to administrate guilds. If what you want to do is not provided by the in-game means. The Game Masters will not be providing administration or management that is outside the available in-game means.
    I've seen cases where a guild leader would resign, quit or due to circumstances (eg. accident, death) is unable to continue playing. This policy means that the guild itself becomes locked out. To the very least provide a mechanism for players to perform actions such as leader reassignment (for example by requiring majority vote). It's been a while since I ran a guild and perhaps guild administration tools have changed, please correct me if I am wrong on this point.
    • Deleted characters: There are various mechanics in place to assure that characters are not deleted by accident. Let's be careful out there. Deleted characters will not be restored.
    More than a few people I know had one of their characters deleted. People make mistakes and they are not always to blame. A personal friend of mine had her character deleted out of spite by a family member, it is completely unreasonable to demand of someone to just re-do the years of work they put in. I cannot understand this policy at all, especially knowing the fact that servers take backups regularly and restoring a character from backup is trivial (servers even do this automatically on occasion)! I can assure you that people have and will quit when they lose one of their characters. Whoever put this policy in place obviously has no idea how much players value their characters that they spent years developing!

If these actions require so much time from GMs (not that I've seen a single one in-game in at least a year) perhaps the devs should spend more time making GM tools easier/faster to use so that us players can enjoy the game just a little bit more?
    Caell and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

We'll see. But I can't imagine their CS being as horrible as that note is made out to be (if it is, I can't imagine them lasting long at all).

They'll still fix real issues. They won't transfer raid gear to alts. If you accidentally destroy your farmed item, there are tokens for that.

Of course, if they don't fix real issues, of which many of us deal with, yeah, then it'll go ugly I imagine.
  17. trueheart Lorekeeper

i accidently tributed or deleted priceless diamond of ethernere in a item so didnt notice was still in there

i was fortuante they said we will do it this once but from now on items you cant get in game without rerolling will not be returned on deletion

as clark howard would say customer no service
    Caell and Hiladdar like this.
  18. trueheart Lorekeeper

i accidently tributed or deleted priceless diamond of ethernere in a item so didnt notice was still in there

i was fortuante they said we will do it this once but from now on items you cant get in game without rerolling will not be returned on deletion

as clark howard would say customer no service

Hiladdar likes this.
  19. Bigstomp Augur

They're not trade items. That's how they work.

Raid guilds have learned to deal with this. Be more careful. It's not a new policy.

I've been guilty of this in the past, a nice GM fixed it, when I made a zerker aug rather than a war aug.
    This one is rough because a mis-combine, if you delete it you just get the old item back, not the raw materials to make the right combine.

This is boilerplate. I can't see them ever not fixing a guild in bad shape due to a leader for whatever reason bailing. They (I presume) want to keep customers.

I'd like to know what those mechanics are, and as other posts have said, add a no delete, no FV, no transfer ect flag.
    If we set our flags, make us have to contact CS and convince them we are serious before any of this can happen. Make it per character rather than account, since some may like shuffling chars.
    Battleaxe likes this.
  20. trueheart Lorekeeper

what i think all one time only rewards like achivments should be 999 claim items
    Yinla likes this.