Cases where game masters will not intervene

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Numiko, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Retty Lorekeeper

And nothing of value was lost.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If that was a Jay Sherman reference, +100 to you sir.
  3. Pwnography Augur

The last line there, about not assisting in deleted characters, is one of the most idiotic moves I've seen in the history of Everquest. Does Daybreak not understand that many of us, unlike any other game, have devoted over a decade+ of our lives playing? Its ridiculous. The loyalty of EQ players, and the dedication to our characters, is one of the most unique and best parts of this game.

If my character was unable to be recovered in the event of a hack, it would mean my immediate cancellation from Sony products for life. No joke, no threats, that's just how it is. Hopefully these posts are actually being read and taken into consideration, as was said in the stream - this isn't a "re-roll" situation. This is probably a loss of paying customers every time a request is rejected.

Quite frankly, it's offensive that CS will not assist in THE situation where we need assistance the most.
  4. Yara_AB Augur

Well - that's true for sure. That's also why it is important to have virus scanners AND the operating system up to date. But still we have folks running win xp putting others at risk (see the measles discussion irl).

I would be with you on this but there is ONE important thing:
    Yes - users are the worst case for any computer system - regardless of their profession or how knowledgeable they might be.
    BUT while yes - it might have been MY responsibility why I lost my character (not that I did - just saying) - it would still do good things for customer-faction if a company steps up to help me make up for my mistake. (needless to say that a happy customer is more likely to spend more money than an angry one)

For f2p folks I can eat the "the game is for free - just re-roll, please" - although I think helping them maybe once with a comment, that should something else happen in the future, they can't expect any further assistance unless they are having a subscription then (and had one at the time the problem came into existence).

For (often long time) subscribers I truly expect more consideration in such bad situations. At least so far getting customer support beyond SC purchases was one of their selling points for subscriptions!
    I can't imagine they would rather have all of us on f2p (although I can imagine that they can make way more money of f2p folks compared to subscribers, sometimes).

Wouldn't make me wonder if some folks who lost their characters due to a hack would love to pay the amount they charge for heroics if CS would see to restore that character some developed for many years. If it does take them extra work (and from what I was told it indeed does up to the point where they are simply unable to restore a character at all) - then yes - I am ok with paying something extra for that.

Current changes somehow render the "you get customer support beyond the SC topic" selling point just void.
    Caell likes this.
  5. RangerDanger#1 Lorekeeper

Many years ago I turned my back for just a second, lol, and had a child delete a raid geared cleric on me.it would've been devastating had they not restored it.
    With Moves like this, the future of EQ has never looked murkier.
    Caell, Hiladdar and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  6. Stewgottz Augur

Why can't they put functions in the game that restore deleted chars and allow you to sell back loot like every other game released this century. Do we need to ask a GM to do that if they can install a button to do that quicker?

The play nice stuff, like ninja looting and general griefing of others, I mean idk, I think most of play(ed) EQ because people don't do that here.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  7. Numiko Augur

Really I think we are going in the wrong direction here with this blame game, who's fault it is has no impact on the situation.

Many of us have characters over 15 years old who we have grown up with, we love, Identify with and feel proud about what they have accomplished in this game.

To have the company come along and say if they got deleted for *any* reason we will not help you recover your character, and tell us to just reroll and start over (in the since removed statement)

Well it just being heartless and callous in the extreme, and makes me rethink if I want to be associated with such a company that has so little empathy for its customers.
  8. Stewgottz Augur

EVERY mmo I have ever played has a built in function to restore deleted chars. I would be stunned if they don't install a way for a customer to restore a character. An MMO that doesn't have a mechanism to restore a character in 2015 is unfathomable.
    Hiladdar, Mayfaire and Melanippe like this.
  9. Aghinem Augur

Maybe if they implemented a restore timer, this wouldn't be too terrible of an issue. 24 hour timer to prevent a permanent loss. Once it hits 0, then its done for good.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  10. Claan Elder

Not being able to restore an accidentally deleted character that a person may have put hours per day into the development of for 10-15 years is absurd. Definitely a bad decision on Daybreaks part. If they are truly reading the forums and listening to their customers then this grave mistake will be rectified soon. If not, then as I have suspected all along, they are just milking the cow until it is dry.
    Caell and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  11. Aghinem Augur

Actually - the police do say this often; just not in those exact words. I think the most common thing you hear in the event of theft is "nothing we can do".
  12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Given Tokens of Reclamation; I would see it as possibly being acceptable to charge a 'recovery fee'.

If someone is desperate to recover their valuable character, let us use a 'Character Transfer Token' to request a recovery; I assume it is a similar amount of labor required.
    Hiladdar, Yara_AB and Yinla like this.
  13. mojokag New Member

Only 2 things really bother me about this policy. The first is guild administration. Forming a new guild is pretty drastic and the fact that it was put that way indicates that whoever posted this is clueless about the game they are administrating. Secondly the feel free to roll a new character indicates the same thing and a casual indifference to the players that is pretty messed up. If I delete a character accidentally (not really likely) feel free to find a new customer. The rest of it just indicates that customer service is no longer as much of a priority as it was. Daybreak may want to start parsing what they are putting out there, as their communication skills are kind of sad
  14. Elricvonclief Augur

Very disappointed in the changes to Customer Service.

While I understand trying to minimize costs, this is stepping over dollars to pick up dimes....

The "not restoring deleted toons" is a mind boggling response, especially combined with the "just reroll".

Seriously?

I've played Elric for well over 8 years continuously, have purchased every expansion, and provided word of mouth advertising to the game. If I got hacked, and deleted, I would walk away from the game, and anything future that Daybreak came out with.

Refusing to help with guilds is mindboggling as well.

I was having high hopes initially, but these moves are VERY disappointing.
  15. Battleaxe Augur

Sounds reasonable and I'd much rather some of the finite time available to limited resources was spent on something like this than Mount Keyrings. Loss of character is an extreme case probably deserving special attention (and therefore the situation players will hammer on rather than concede items are clearly marked No Drop).

There's still miss-looted items, ninja looting, trader scams, unrecoverable tributed items, ... It'd be great if volunteer player GM's had a lot more power and could fix every player whoops, but its easy to imagine how that could be abused. IF EQ is to stay afloat financially then we're likely to see more economical CS. I simply figure demanding the can not happen (money poured into CS given recent events or new "belt and suspenders code" added to everything that could go wrong) isn't 4tw.

I'll even take some responsibility/consequences if I make a mistake if that turns out to be a price that must be paid for EQ to continue.
    Hiladdar and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  16. Naugrin Augur

Just ridiculous.

Good customer service is now something no longer included with your subscription.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  17. Battleaxe Augur

There are still Tech and account support forums. Daybreak has (afaik) simply said they won't replace the shirt you bought if you set fire to it.

Coffee is served hot. It's kinda extreme to have to print "CAUTION - Coffee is hot" on the container. But if the provider does say "No Drop" on the item, well sir - the problem isn't CS if you err.

The budget is X. How much of X do you want spent on transfering clearly marked "No Drop" items from the players that looted them to another instead of being spent on the game? 0 works for me.
  18. Motley New Member

Daybreak - you need to rethink this, and at least offer a higher level of CS to subscribers....ya know - the folks paying monthly for their accounts. And if you're not going to offer the same level of service as you have in the past, then you can reduce the monthly fee.
    Caell, Hiladdar and Yara_AB like this.
  19. ModRanger Lorekeeper

Never been one to say "The sky is falling", but these changes are really disheartening as a long time player.
    Caell, Hiladdar, beryon and 2 others like this.
  20. Fendy Augur

Bring back customer service guides to alleviate your heavy burden of helping players. Then you might have the time to recover deleted characters and assit with guild issues.
    Hiladdar, beryon, Yara_AB and 2 others like this.