Cases where game masters will not intervene

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Numiko, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Doddil New Member

A little while ago I accidently looted a raid item with my mage instead of warrior. Petitioned, waited a few days for a response and got a link to this newly created article basically telling me to go F myself. The article was updated between the time of me doing it and receiving the response. Just amazing customer service there.
    Hiladdar and Rouan like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What are these mechanics

Can you please enable players to use ` and other special characters in their surnames if you are no longer assisting.
    Savager and Meatball like this.
  3. Numiko Augur

They should change deleted characters to how it is in many other online games where there is a 48-72 hour grace period where the character is just grayed out and you can change your mind and undelete.
    Hiladdar and Yara_AB like this.
  4. Numiko Augur

the comments are still on the official knowledge base as of 7:15 am Pacific Time March 6th 2015.

https://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37732
  5. guado Augur

6. Reht The Dude abides...

The post is still there, the re-roll line was deleted yesterday.
    Hiladdar, Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Riou like this.
  7. Fendy Augur

Of course they love the game. It's what they get paid to work on. It's the pesky players they aren't so fond of.
    Hiladdar and Melanippe like this.
  8. Numiko Augur

Ah you are correct it is gone.

Still it was not deleted "a long time ago" as I copy and pasted the original post off the knowledge base seconds before I posted it yesterday.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We always say at work "our job would be a lot easier without the customers"
    Hiladdar and Meatball like this.
  10. ~Mills~ Augur

I get the cutbacks and reducing of costs but you can't eliminate customer service in a customer satisfaction based business.

People make mistakes. Your policy can't be just redo whatever in game as the solution or your going to lose more then you save.
    beryon likes this.
  11. Yara_AB Augur

At least those accents and double-capitals in surnames is something the Guides always were happy to assist with. You just had to catch one of them online or use /guidehelp to get their attention (aka actively looking for you).
  12. Meatball Elder

13. Axxius Augur

Not anymore.
    ...and the re-roll line is gone.

Roshen's been reading forums in the evening? ;) Thank you, sir.
  14. Ghubuk Augur

Maybe I am lucky, but I have always gotten excellent customer service. Has there been a delay in response sometimes? Yes. But I also understand that sometimes the request queue does get lengthy for them. I have always gotten resolution through stating my issue politely and answering any questions they may have with clarity.
  15. Ghubuk Augur

I will also add that I have gotten excellent customer service in the two instances I have had to petition since the changeover to Daybreak.
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

This is like, making Comcast's CS look studly. Which says a heck of a lot.
    Hiladdar and Abazzagorath like this.
  17. Hayzeus Augur

I have difficulty believing that people can accidentally delete an important character, but I still believe this is an excellent suggestion. It would go a long way to cover off those of you who actually could accidentally delete an important toon (whether I believe it's possible or not). So I'm a plus one for this change. The password enter mechanic would also alleviate the "4 year old deleted my character" events.

Unfortunately, this change wouldn't do anything to the hackers that steal accounts, transfer to FV, sell, and then delete. They already have the password, and they would just plunk it in again. Easy.

Unless, just like Oracle and SoE, Daybreak is confident that their game servers are completely unhackable (bhahahaha) so the whole hack, FV, Sell, Delete thing just doesn't "ever" happen.

PS: And to those of you that do leave important stuff up and available to a 4-year old for deletion.. wth were you thinking? A fish is gonna swim. A dog is gonna eat your homework, and your kids are gonna mess with your most expensive toys. Do not give them that opportunity.
    Hiladdar, Deloehne and Yinla like this.
  18. Mysl Augur

My biggest concern is with the misloot policy.
    The dev team is going to switch over to a new loot system, at the time where the test server population is low, the company went through a layoff (how many QA are layoff?).
    Past experience of EQ dev team has shown that they need several rounds of bugs fixed to get something right.
    So, in the middle of all these unstable times, they are releasing a complex feature, with no customer support?
  19. SomeEQGuy Elder

Level 5 character with 20 min /played ok reroll. Level 105 with hundreds of days played, I'd be rerolling a new game if they told me that.
  20. Rouan Augur