Cases where game masters will not intervene

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Numiko, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Ratbo Peep Augur

Exactly.
    This thread has devolved strictly into a "contrived debate" of what does or does not constitute a hacked account. I could (and should) have been much more than that.
    Customer Service did a lot more for us than just deal with "missing/stolen account" issues.
    If you look at my posting history - I had nothing but praise for the CS team and the fast (and mostly favorable) responses to any petitions I submitted.
    The red herrings about "hacks" aside - What exactly will CS do for us in game now?
    Be specific.
    -Rat
    Lisandra likes this.
  2. Sokon Augur

Sounds like a bunch of people that either don't give a whoot or they aren't intelligent enough to appreciate the level of dedication players have put in to the game over the years and the respect the game deserves.

If you are a current employee there and see this bull poop: Take a second to pull that new person(probably a new manager)aside and slap them in the face as hard as you can. You can just tell them it's for the customers, some who have paid and played for 15 years.

While these guys make game breaking changes after looking at data for a day? Please, they should lock themselves in a library for 6 months and educate themselves on the f'n games history first.

Ruining the game.
  3. Kellaer Augur

Did the 70 million people in 2011 share their PSN and other Sony related account information? No, they were hacked.

People need to be clear about the word "hack." If you give someone your password and they log in to delete stuff, that isn't hacking. If they retrieved your information when you didn't voluntarily give it out, that is hacking.
  4. Ferry-Tunare Augur

To keep a paying customer. Because it's the right thing to do. Because it's cheaper to retain a customer than to find a new one. There was a myriad of reasons why to make the situation whole in some way. How many reasons were there to decline?

In this situation, Daybreak lost a customer. The community lost a player. My guild lost a talented friend. The EULA won a moral victory at the expense of further hurting the longevity of the game we all love. I don't see how this was a win for anyone other than the attorneys who drafted the EULA.

Right up until the end our guild believed Daybreak would make this right because it was the right thing for Daybreak to do. If their goal was to enforce not sharing account info, after enduring the fiasco, Minishot certainly would have never shared his account info again and the situation would serve as a warning to others.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.
    Elricvonclief, Koryu and Iila like this.
  5. sojero One hit wonder

Companies have to stand by their EULA or everyone would have seen that they didn't and expected the same behavior/treatment. Daybreak didn't "win" they lost too, and they knew it, but they took the lesser of 2 losses.
  6. Battleaxe Augur

How would allowing 2-5 people to play toons on the same account get Daybreak the you want to play you should pay income they are entitled to receive? My OEM operating system is for one machine only. Cant share it with my 'lil bro. MicroSoft detects efforts to share and manages to prevent it. Daybreak (if your toon is implicated in something shady like selling gear on FV) investigates and acts.

Now I can understand making a proportionality argument - the sanction is far greater than the infraction warrants. But it's useful to remember - until a member of that guild stuck their neck out a bit, no one - not the "innocent victim", not his prime defender said "Yeah he shared." It was a Daybreak won't help you if you are hacked (untrue), look what happened to Charlie Innocent for weeks.

Daybreak will help you if you are hacked. If you share account information, your toon's gear is sold on FV for $500-$1000 in krono, the toon is deleted "showing" it was some malicious other person, and you ask for a rollback restoration Daybreak might look though chat logs, IP addresses, hardware, etc. and find a reason why they won't. They might not share what they found and how they found it, but you can bank on the fact that they found a good and sufficient reason.

It's quite clear, given every other post suggesting Daybreak does something other than what it is doing, along with the "Daybreak won't help you if you are hacked" myth spread by some, that this is another effort to run Daybreak down, drum up support, and/or panic players who are a little naive. TBH when you see "tactics" like this it makes you suspect the whole story isn't being told...and it wasn't.

Anyone who ever shared their password is toast? I don't think so.
    1. Change your password, use a strong password, and use that $9.99 thingie if you are really paranoid.
    2. That way unless Daybreak is hacked or you did it yourself your toon won't be seen running out of the bank covered in red dye.
  7. Aghinem Augur

Dude, you really need to chill with all this bravado. All this grandstanding about how the community lost a talented player, the guild believed Daybreak would do the right thing, DBC would be losing a customer permanently, etc etc etc is not really garnering any sympathy.

Daybreak did in fact do the right thing. They investigated and found that he violated the Terms of Service through account sharing. Is Minishot suppose to be some type of special exception towards the TOS & EULA provisions? It sure as heck seems to be what you are suggesting. If DBC makes a special exception for him, then they would have to make a special exception for everyone and all the buffoonery.

This comes DIRECTLY from the Terms of Service:

You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and for all interactions with any Daybreak Game(s) that occur in connection with and/or through your account. You represent and warrant that any information you provide in connection with your access to and use of any Daybreak Game(s) is true, accurate and complete, and that you will maintain and update such information as needed, such that the information remains true, accurate and complete. IF YOU CHOOSE TO MAKE ANY OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OR OTHER INFORMATION PUBLICLY AVAILABLE THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF ANY Daybreak GAME(S), YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. You may not sell, transfer, or allow others to access and/or use your account.

And don't forget this:

https://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/210/kw/account sharing

It's as plain as day. What really grinds my gears is you & Minishot jump on this bandwagon of people saying DBC would not assist accounts that were hacked with your own bleeding heart story which added more fuel to a unnecessary fire; and when its conveyed 15 pages later that his account was actually shared and not hacked, you throw in these sob stories of how disappointed you are DBC won't do anything about this. You had the communities support until all the facts surfaced. Have some pride.

You know who you should be disappointed in? Be disappointed in Minishot that he broke the rules and it cost your guild a player if he is in fact that affluential. If you all care so deeply about him, why not all pitch in and help the dude out? I can't count the number of people I have helped get re-geared and re-subbed over the last four years. If you all want him back so badly, give him a reason to come back. 50% of this game is your toon, the other 50% is this community - and if your guild is as tight knit as you suggest it is with him; then the other half on getting his toon back up to par should be cakewalk.

Its always so much easier to look at the negative of everything - because as long as you look at the negative, you can come up with reasons why something can't be done - for it is the path of least resistance. Looking at the positive requires real work, and its typically work no one wants to do.
    Warpeace and Ghubuk like this.