Career, Family, Everquest, Sleep, choose up to three.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Hey, look! We're having an actual conversation now.

That is a fair assessment. I don't think rested exp is something they are working on, but I do think if we discuss it here and make a case for it, or any other targeted method of helping casuals, that it could get considered in the future.

I don't think either thing has a chance of making it in before luclin/pop. The exp rate gets boosted at GoD anyway. They had faster options to pick from when they launched this server, they picked the Mangler rate, and I doubt they regret it from any angle at this point. That doesn't mean a convincing argument couldn't be made that casuals could use some leveling help. Maybe that's on their radar, maybe it's not, that's why we post here in many cases.

I'm always a proponent of finding the easiest solution to implement, and changing the base exp rate is that by far. So I would agree with you, up to the point where I said "how would that affect the people who don't need help?" The answer is that it would benefit them more than the people the change was intended to help. I've already covered why, but I can clarify if needed. In the end it would increase the disparity between those with no problems and those with problems. It might seem like that wouldn't matter, until the next level cap increase and the casuals find that while they level slightly faster, those that left them behind 1-50 now leave them behind even faster. That is my issue with adjusting the base exp instead of something more targeted at casuals.

I argue ideas, this isn't personal, I don't even know you. Sometimes I get a little off the rails when I can't get somebody to make a logical argument instead of an emotional one though. In the end, I will agree or disagree, but based on the logic of the argument, not the emotion behind it. I don't think we disagree all that much, you are pushing to help casuals and I'm casual. I just don't want to see a solution go in that will increase the disparity between hardcores and casuals when that solution was intended to reduce it.
  2. Stymie Pendragon

Counterpoint, why would EQ implement rest experience to aid a casual player when experience potions are available in the store from a strictly financial standpoint?

It appears that is their answer to the WoW system.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

You also get free ones every month if you prefer to use your 500 dbg bux on that instead of saving for something else
  4. Vulken9 Journeyman

The problem I have with xp pots is you have a set time. Now, if you can turn on/off the bonus...

The bottom line is people have to feel the time they spent in-game was worth it and that carrot is out there to do it again. DPG has been doing all sorts of TLP combinations to figure out the best way to bring in revenue and you can bet they captured the data. Fast xp/fast unlock/increased rares, slow xp, medium xp, "Truebox" max restrictions (*cough*), Level 85 start, and now random loot. I just think there's possibly a market for a fast xp, medium unlock that would entice more people to play though they would not be logged in as long, on average. Well, that's my hypothesis and I could be the only one playing on such server if one were to exist. I think its a bad approach to just tell people, "this game's not for you."

But, it doesn't matter one bit what I think. I would hope DPG is trying to figure out how to hook those new subscribers (or those that quit) on the fence without sacrificing their current revenue stream.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.