Cant Log into EQ acct. out of the blue. Daybreak no response on multiple tickets.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by EQ21, Aug 18, 2021.

1. EQ21 New Member

Versions: Live, Test
    • Due to unusual activity on your account, we require additional account security and verification, in order to continue play. Pleaseclick here to add a valid mobile phone number to your account.
    The above text shows when I try to login to my main EQ account. As I was unsure which catagory to file under Acct login issues or suspended acct. have sent daybreak 2 different tickets under each and have no response to either.
    This happened sunday and I have now missed my guilds final kunark raids and more importantly now the velious launch raids.
    I tried using the phone number I have avail and daybreak did not accept it.

I then tried searching google for people who had similar issues (across other websites / social media /gaming accounts) and was told using a temporary sms service would work (apparently people use this when not wanting to give personal phone number over the internet to facebook linked in other online companies etc). However this also did not work.

I dont understand why I am even being asked to provide my personal phone number. This has been asked on other websites but never DEMANDED from me by anyone other than banking institutions and the banks required it up front on acct opening they didnt randomly stop me for using their banking services until I filled it in some random day. I have used my personal CC on this account. I have verified the email address to this account as well. This is an incredibly strange experience for an old video game I enjoy hanging out in.

On past servers Usually I do static groups on launch only play EQ 10-15 hrs a week clearing dz raids and such. Right now I am not currently employed full time and have had a lot of time to play since the mischief launch and have logged around 40-50 hours a week either raiding/grouping or watching netflix while selling in CL. I only include this because I was told that maybe the amount of platinum/krono I have saved up might have caused this. The only minor change prior to my acct being locked was a significant reduction in playtime the last week due to kunark fatigue.

Account has never been reported or suspended. I run no third party programs at all. By the message it doesnt appear to be suspended but locked yet I will state this just to be clear.

I'm not going to go out and purchase an entire new phone / number / plan etc to play a video game. I have nearly 500 hours into this acct and spent double digit krono gearing out the rest of my character (Warrior) to be helpful to my guild in the beginning of velious (this appears likely to be a total waste at this point). I also have around 10kr worth of other class kunark raid gear in my bag that needed/needs to be dumped while its worth anything at all. I am trying to log in to have fun raiding asap and avoid a double digit krono hit in evaporated value and have no idea what to do. Daybreaks customer service cant even be bothered to fix my issue so I am reaching out to the community to see if anyone else went this and how I can get it resolved quickly.
    Thanks to anyone who took the time to read and provide constructive help.

TLDR
    Just wanna raid velious but cant because daybreak going full daybreak HALP :(
  2. plowers Journeyman

Sounds like you need a new phone number.
  3. Karhar Dream Crusher

its asking for 2fa, you have too many kronos on your account is likely the reason.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Maybe just the coincidence but I had 2fa once any account had over two or three hundred Kronos sitting around. Who knows....
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL. I assume that's a joke. If not... :rolleyes:
  6. Karhar Dream Crusher

It's not a joke, if you have too many kronos on your account you get a 2fa mandatory notice.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Blame credit card charge back scammers....
  8. Gheed Is not reading your response

Maybe you should add a phone number, just a thought.

So dramatic for no reason.
    Duder likes this.
  9. Yawgmoth. Journeyman

sounds like an unemployed krono farmer got banned for rmt
  10. Machen New Member

This is what happens when you start failing the "You might be a RMTer if..." test.
    Accipiter likes this.
  11. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Yes. And blame the fact that the IRS and law enforcement agencies have a habit of looking poorly on companies that sell assets with a fixed exchange rate to the US Dollar without making sure they know the genuine identities of people buying them.
  12. Gnothappening Augur

Did you miss the important part where they said they tried to use their phone number and Daybreak didn't accept it?

I am all for being flippant, but at least read the entire post so as to not get egg on your face.
  13. Gnothappening Augur

OP isn't banned. They just have to add two factor authentication. This can happen to a lot of people for a lot of different reasons.
  14. Gheed Is not reading your response

Tried to use a free SMS site for his phone number and it didn't work. Sucks.

Better get this egg off my face.. Lul
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Where did you get this information? I do doubt its validity but am willing to be corrected.
  16. Gnothappening Augur

Nice way to only address part of what they said. What they actually said was:

"I tried using the phone number I have avail and daybreak did not accept it.

I then tried searching google for people who had similar issues (across other websites / social media /gaming accounts) and was told using a temporary sms service would work (apparently people use this when not wanting to give personal phone number over the internet to facebook linked in other online companies etc). However this also did not work."

So he tried using his current number and it didn't work. Then he tried using a temp SMS number and it also didn't work. Seriously man, at least read what people say if you are going to belittle them.
  17. Gnothappening Augur

I can only provide additional anecdotal information, but every account I have ever used as a vendor character, buying and selling gear for plat and KR, it gets hit with 2FA. This usually happens after I start buying and selling items for KR. As long as I'm just doing plat it is fine. It also seems fine as long as I am only stacking up krono via plat or items. However, the moment I start using some of those KR to buy gear, either for my toons to wear or because I find a deal on an item I think I can flip for more, I get hit with 2FA.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

I guess I haven't noticed one way or another on my accounts. Only one account trades in krono and another account holds all the krono. I suppose I could log on each one to the EQ site and see what is says but I'm way too lazy for that.

Edit: I logged into each of my accounts. All had 2FA turned on so I cannot confirm nor deny.
  19. Gnothappening Augur

TBH it isn't really a big deal. You just log in and turn on 2FA. Original poster is having some issue where it isn't taking his number. Luckily I never had that problem. At this point I don't even know which of my accounts have 2FA, but I think it is most of them.
  20. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

One account holds all the krono? :cool:
    I did that as well up until late phinny, then I thought I post a lot of of dribble and might get a ban. :D