Can't log in - Servers "up"

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by haaaalp, Oct 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McDougal Augur

Yeah this is obviously serious. Would be nice if it was communicated but I kind of understand,
  2. Kolani Augur

Historically, login was one of the most stable servers in the game. You could log in and see server select even if the world servers were down. Ever since JChan made the update to the login server to give the TLPs a login queue a few years ago, login's reliability has declined drastically.
  3. Thraxin Goodbrew New Member

Methinks the peasants are gonna revolt soon. I think I see folks heading for their stashes of pitch forks and torches... QUICK placate the masses before this gets ugly!!
  4. Akulan New Member

I would just like to say....I like turtles. That is all
    ZoomBox, Thraxin Goodbrew and Iphrium like this.
  5. Lovehaas the Mystic New Member

Hopefully they at least tell us before they give up and go to sleep for the night so we don't stay up all night refreshing.
    McDougal likes this.
  6. Thraxin Goodbrew New Member

+1
  7. McDougal Augur

I wasn't going to stay up to see but now I'm intrigued.
  8. Deadhostage New Member

I wonder if they patched the server with the win10 patch that is erasing HD's.. even though it got recalled, it could have still been prepped while it was active.
  9. Ungkor Journeyman

At this point, I would assume the failure has nothing to do with VMs or the game software itself. It must be something rare like a simultaneous failure of two core network devices that would normally fail over if just one device failed.

Unless this happens often. I'm not sure since I've only been back a month.
  10. Thraxin Goodbrew New Member

Guess no EQ today for me. Time to sleep and hope I can at least play before work tomorrow morning :(
    Iphrium likes this.
  11. Iphrium New Member

I blame the haxorz!
  12. mewkus Augur

Hmmm... that might explain what I saw then. While attempting to get logged in, my EQ client somehow got connected into DB's patching console and I got a brief stream of the commands and dialogs you guys seem to be working on.

Here's a snippet of what I saw. Maybe someone on here can make better sense of it than me...

[Tue Oct 09 22:00:25 2018] A firmwear begins to cast a spell. <System Shutdown>
    [Tue Oct 09 22:00:27 2018] An intern hits a firmwear for 7 points of non-melee damage.
    [Tue Oct 09 22:00:27 2018] You bash a firmwear for 94 points of damage.
    [Tue Oct 09 22:00:27 2018] You have become better at Updating! (23)
    Iphrium likes this.
  13. Lovehaas the Mystic New Member

I'm nocturnal due to my work schedule but off this week :(
  14. Blendar Journeyman

I find it funny you think it's troll-like to not be freaking out about downtime, and understanding of the Devs and the reality of the situation.
  15. Ungkor Journeyman

Edit: I just read in another thread that it was a 'wonky' firmware update on the login servers. I can't explain that. 20 years in enterprise IT, and I've never heard of such a thing. Now I'm super curious. My "I must fix it" IT brain wants to know more details:)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    It must be a very rare failure of something like 2 core networking devices. Usually you have pairs of devices and if one fails, the other takes over. Like a core router pair or core switch pair. The chances of both failing are super rare.

Unless, this happens often. I'm not sure, because I've only been back for a few weeks.

I can't imagine it being a software or VM server issue. That sort of stuff should be easy to rollback to a stable snapshot.
  16. Lepurkahn New Member

I have been paying a sub for just about 3 months now and in those 3 months this is the third time this has happened, and this is by far the longest... not a great customer experience for someone who doesn't get a whole lot of play time. thanks.........
    Lovehaas the Mystic likes this.
  17. Ungkor Journeyman

There have been 3x of 12+ hour outages in 3 months?
  18. Paps New Member

I just renewed 3 of my 7 accounts and was ready to come back and play kinda hard to do if you cant log in!! I want all 3 of my accounts credited for the loss of playtime...
  19. Katies New Member

Thank you Daybreak for making my birthday special :)
  20. I Like Burgers New Member

Definitely at least 1 other I can think of other than this one, but what can you expect from a company that has 3 employees :'D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.