Can't log in, says access denied

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lilura, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

You wish

to fish

for people

with Yi Min?

Did I just read that correctly?

That's not trolling, that's trawling.
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

3. shawning New Member

Thanks for the tips but for me when I try to reset my password it just tells me the account doesn't exist.
  4. Disappointment New Member

1 out of 3 accounts unbanned last night. 2 accounts still banned this morning and unable to log into them.
  5. Kennebell New Member

Both of my guildies affected by this still have their accounts banned =(

Will pass along the password reset tip though to see if it works!
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't believe this has anything to do with a "pirated" key. People might think that if keys were stolen the company would mark them invalid.

From what I read keys were sold from a third party site for a very low amount and it sounds like it was a lot of them. While I agree someone buying from there may see a cheap price and be suspicious the cheap price may be what lured them in and made them try it. They may have figured it was a scam selling invalid codes but figured 5 or 10 bucks was worth taking a chance.

But they may not even had bought anything at a third party site. From what I also read some people were buying these codes then reselling them on servers for krono or plat or in exchange for items etc... Those people would have no idea what they were getting into.

The two main theories I have read say either someone bought these from a country where the steam codes are extremely cheap and resold them on a third party site. If that is the case I could see whoever they bought them from being sued maybe as that sounds sneaky but might not be illegal. If keys are not region locked then buying them in a country where they cost only $3 dollars in local currency is a screw up of the company that sold them. If it was a credit card charge back how did thousands of keys get sold unknowingly by Steam or whoever without it registering with them and reporting the keys as stolen and having them made invalid.

I will admit idea of charge backs would have made more sense to me when I only knew of a couple instances. The idea that thousands of codes could be bought and charged back never entered my mind till others mentioned it is done a lot. Of course I had also never heard of being able to buy codes so cheaply in other countries but I guess it makes sense if they want to sell them there I had incorrectly assumed everyone paid the same or more based on what I hear from European players playing EQ.

The other problem is people who bought directly from Steam or gamestop or whoever and say they got banned too. I don't understand Steam not being able to use data base queries to differentiate between what they think are invalid purchases to valid ones.

Daybreak's response puzzles me too. I think its great of them to have removed the bans but why did they do it? Was it additional information or simply the number of accounts and players affected. If it was the second again a date base check to see how widespread it was would have told them that in advance which makes me wonder if they got additional information that made them change their mind.

Oops read this was all an automated response like stock computers feeding off each others responses and going crazy.

But at the end of it all I guess the answer is to only buy from Daybreak and never accept anything coming from anywhere else as a gift or otherwise. This probably is the end of gifting unless they find a secure way to do it. I know I will never take a code as a gift nor buy one from anyone in or out of game after seeing all this.
  7. Derpyderp Journeyman

The keys have been sold since TBM launched in general chat, one guy bought almost TWENTY for people in my guild and EVERY account was hit.

The idea that a key could be 3-6 months old and still VALID when they KNEW it was fraud is unbelievable. Then the fact they would outright BAN every account with no warning, no attempt to say "Hey, your key wasn't valid, do you want to pay the difference and make this right?" I mean, no ethics whatsoever.
    Disappointment likes this.
  8. Zigie Journeyman

Yi Min gave me the expansion keys that banned my account. Now I am understanding how she pays for all her accounts, by cheating all of us out of our money $$$.
    THIEF, ban her!
    WITCH, BURN HER!
    Disappointment likes this.
  9. Kuvian Lorekeeper

Thanks for the password reset trick. That worked for the account still banned.
  10. strongbus Augur

as has been said some of these where people buying Keys form daybreak reselling them and then doing chargebacks. most CC companies will let you do chargebacks up to bout 4 or so months.

Once you do a chargeback anything linked to that chargeback is placed in a banned status along with any accounts affected by it. The fraud stuff don't kick in till the chargeback happens.

So i buy say 20 tbm keys today and resell them all with in a week. Come Oct i do a charge back on the purchase of the 20 keys. As far as Daybreak is seeing form today till Oct when I do the chargeback those keys are vaild and good. The day in Oct when i do the chargeback is the day they become invalid and the system auto bann them and the accounts the are linked to.
  11. Derpyderp Journeyman

Which is the exact definition of a BILLING ISSUE that should NEVER be brought into the game.

If I purchased 500 CD keys right now, they are now MY PROPERTY (as ruled by a court in 2011 in the digital goods act) I can now take MY PROPERTY and resell it if I wish. I can give 200 keys away, I can list the 300 on Ebay for whatever amount I see fit, 500$ each or 5$ each. Once another person purchases that key, it is now THERE PROPERTY, no different than a used car. If I decide to "Charge back" it is now an issue between myself, my credit card company and daybreak over the matter of the price of the Cd-key is NOT however an issue between daybreak and the PROPERTY.

It's exactly like buying or selling a car, if I buy a brand new car...drive it off the lot, then sell it a week later...wait 6 months and contact the dealership to say "Hey I want the money back I paid for this car even tho I resold it already" it has NOTHING to do with the car or the person who purchased it from me anymore. This entire situation is ridiculous.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Crowd: A witch! A witch! A witch! We found a witch! We've got a witch! A witch! A witch! We have found a witch. May we burn her?
    - How do you know she is a witch
    - She looks like one.
    - Bring her forward.
    - I'm not a witch! I'm not a witch !
    - But you are dressed as one.
    - They dressed me like this. - No, we didn't.
    - And this isn't my nose. It's a false one.
    - Well? - We did do the nose.
    - The nose? - And the hat. But she is a witch !
    - Did you dress her up like this? - No, no!
    - Yes. A bit.
    - She has got a wart.
    - What makes you think she's a witch?
    - She turned me into a newt!
    - A newt?
    - I got better.
    - Burn her anyway!
    - Quiet! Quiet!
    - There are ways of telling whether she is a witch.
    - Are there? What are they? Tell us. - Do they hurt?
    - Tell me, what do you do with witches?
    - Burn them!
    - And what do you burn, apart from witches?
    - More witches! - Wood!
    - So why do witches burn?
    - 'Cause they're made of wood? - Good!
    - How do we tell if she is made of wood? - Build a bridge out of her.
    - But can you not also make bridges out of stone?
    - Oh, yeah.
    - Does wood sink in water?
    - No, it floats. - Throw her into the pond!
    - What also floats in water?
    - Bread. - Apples.
    - Very small rocks. - Cider! Great gravy.
    - Cherries. Mud. - Churches.
    - Lead. - A duck!
    - Exactly.
    - So, logically--
    - If she weighs the same as a duck...
    - she's made of wood.
    - And therefore?
    - A witch!
    - A duck! A duck! - Here's a duck.
    - We shaIl use my largest scales.
    - Burn the witch !
    - Remove the supports!
    - A witch!
    - It's a fair cop.
    - Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?
    - I am Arthur, king of the Britons
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Disappointment New Member

Update: Resetting password word on one account worked. But did not work on the other banned account. Just an FYI.
  14. Certandeth New Member

So next expansion I can wait a week or two after launch, go to a third party site selling pirated,chargeback, or whatever type of key they have. Accept a one day ban and get the expansion for five bucks? Sign me up......
  15. Derpyderp Journeyman

Honestly I'm more surprised people would pay anything for TBM, whether it be 5 or 500.
  16. Kronko Elder

so some is selling a $5 copy of the $40 expansion and that does not set off a bell in your head that its a pirated copy???? lmfao would you like to buy the Brooklyn bridge? also thats buying from a third party which is against the rules your logic is flawed try again. it doesnt have to be a third party sight what is so hard to understand about that you are not authorized to sell DB merchandise then you are a third party seller period point blank! trading game cards for krono is against eula too all you people who think its not your idiots.
    lying about where you live to avoid taxes or the exchange rate is against the law and im sure if DB wanted to report these people to their local governments they would be in a lot of . not understanding the law is not an excuse. if you did not know it was illegal to kill someone would you get a pass if you commit murder? ignorance is not a valid excuse for breaking the law. i highly doubt people who legally purchased the game were banned. A bunch of cry baby RMTers who would rather use IGC then spend real money on the game were the people who got banned maybe a few innocent were caught in the back wash but im sure it was not many. Congrats RMTers DB folded to you for some unknown reason personally i wish they kept the ban on and permanently made you cry for your ill gotten accounts.
  17. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

You could get keys off Steam for ~$3, or have someone who could get them for you, since theyre tradable. Those were sold by Steam on behalf of Daybreak. So no, youre wrong.
  18. Kronko Elder

show me a link or a picture of someone in the US being able to buy a copy of TBM for 3 bucks. ill be waiting a long time because it does not exist

i guarantee no way in hell DB authorized Steam to sell copies of TBM for 3 bucks to customers in the united states. buy from DB and you wont have this problem will you?

if people followed the rules that they agreed to when they DLed the game or every patch or expansion then their accounts would have never been banned in the first place.
  19. Iila Augur

Games being sold for less in various regions is nothing new or special. It's very standard for Steam and other digital distributors. Usually the games or codes bought from low price regions are restricted from being activated in higher price regions. Because when there's a huge gap between sale prices in two regions, people will step up to make some profit off that gap.

People even use favorable exchange rates to get things cheaper than they would in their native currency.

Welcome to the history of trading and bartering.
    Riou and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  20. Kronko Elder

your so right i mean who would expect evidence to back up the ridiculous claim that Steam was selling the $40 expansion for $3 silly me i must be off my meds thanks for putting me in my place:confused:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.