Can't log in, says access denied

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lilura, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lancelove Augur

when you get pulled over for running a red light, are you shocked when you get a ticket and not a warning? wake the hell up! you break the law, you will pay!
    Bohz and Yimin like this.
  2. Jindaru New Member

I dunno, all the times I've been pulled over I've gotten a warning because my driving record is clean. Suppose I'm good until I get the cop that has had a rough day!
    rotor likes this.
  3. slayaman New Member

Still some accounts not unlocked? just need a confirmation. Still have one out of 3 not unlocked
  4. Sintay New Member

I had 3 accounts go down, got all 3 emails, but haven't been able to log in to any of them yet. I'm sure the reinstatement script they're likely using is going to be a bit more involved than the ban script, so it'll take some time yet. It's hard to pass the time, I know. I started back up with a group of 6 players (seems a rarity nowadays), and 3 of us are puttering around, grinding AAs, whatever, while 3 of us are checking logins every hour. It'll come, it'll come. Hopefully everyone will regain access before the night is over, though I'm in EST and I'm old, so my night is about over right now ><
  5. DeadWizzy New Member

I wouldn't expect account to be restored till next week guys. Be reasonable in that it IS a holiday weekend for daybreak employees. They un-banned accounts, and possible <though unknown> allowed players to keep the bought items. They don't need to work overtime and not see family on a holiday weekend because of their generosity.
  6. Sintay New Member

I don't think folks are necessarily being unreasonable. I'm a bit more laid back than most, but my wife is the type to start thinking, "What if they forgot me." I can understand that sentiment. I strongly suspect that DBG is using a script to reinstate accounts, and it's not at all unreasonable to think that it will take time, and the script could even fail due to error or volume.

I wouldn't expect anyone to miss their holiday over account reinstatements, but I'd imagine someone will pop in the office tomorrow to make sure everything finished, and restart if need be without ruining their holiday weekend.

As a disclaimer, my interpretation of a holiday with family is probably skewed, because I come from a household of medical professionals, hospital admins, and law enforcement, so we tend to have a different view of free time, off time, and holidays than most.
    rotor likes this.
  7. nimeeera New Member

Except that they stated they would be restored via e-mails. And furthermore they did state that they have people working through the weekend to fix this. And negative non constructive posts like yours accomplish nothing but make people that are already annoyed and frustrated more annoyed and frustrated.
  8. nimeeera New Member

And they did allow people to keep there stuff.
  9. Tudadar Augur

I guess now that this is mostly over you can now concentrate on using the same mass ban on people that MacroQ or sell accounts. I think you'll notice a sizeable portion of the same people getting re-banned.

Oh wait. I guess its not the early 2000s anymore. Hopefully the next ban of hundreds to thousands of accounts/players is deserved.
    Iila, Kronko, Bohz and 1 other person like this.
  10. dchap0808 New Member

Over 24 hours, got all my emails, and all accounts are still suspended...ugh
  11. Freki Augur

My reading of the information, and I have not seen it on DGC yet, but i will not discount it, is this:

1) they acted as they would, normally this involves ONE account, and one chargeback. This time it was much larger and the automatic script is what did it not them.
    2) they are invalidating the keys, you may want to check your accounts, you might not have TBM when it comes back up.
    3) it will take them time to get people back up and are working on it.
    4) they are issuing warnings because they want a record of it.

and to answer a few questions I saw in my interpertation: if you buy something from a non DGC authorized vendor you take the chance the keys may or may not be invalid. if they are you could be subject to action according to the terms of service.

and someone said that once it's traded you can no longer dispute the charge, thing is you can't have anything like this, because the dispute is not between the person and DGC, it is between the person and their credit card/bank and then DGC is brought in later.

Oh and (EDIT!) I will say they are being more than fair. the rules state you are to purchase in game items (including expansions) from authorized retailors (steam, amazon etc) or DGC. and they are going to give you a warning instead of a ban. I think it's fair, I'm glad they are reversing it.
  12. Freki Augur

TBM is not like other expansions, it is purely digital, so there is nothing that is tangible. you can not order a disk with it, or get physical items like you could before in the tins and what not. this squarely falls under digital content.
  13. rotor New Member

Amazing how you know how many people bought expansions directly and how many were indirect. You should get a job a psychic!
    You paid for the expansion when it came out because you wanted to. You got 8 months of use out of it. You've used the same argument anytime anything was granted to new people (ie, you got the use of your leadership AA-never mind the 20% exp loss that we took for it for years.)
  14. Yimin Augur

Oh you are Psychic ! Only you know how many accounts were gifted and got innocent people in trouble , pay attention to what I claimed it is easy to follow , I said a small few were gifted bad accounts and they got into trouble not out of malice , but because maybe someone in there guild bought it for them cause they could not afford it other wise, indeed there are kind people among us , but if you really think we are going to believe the mass banned was because of some gifted accounts , and not because people thought they would cheat the system I have a shinny new bridge for you to buy ....

And don't think you know how long I have played EQ or the things I have done in my life ,cause you just don't know me , and for a fact , it is not right at all ,I have to pay full price while other dishonest people get a free ride , now what is EQ to do ban that many people? No the game was a ghost town when it happened , but they know who got $5 accounts and who did not ,they also know because a lot of people now have a warning beside there names and were sent e-mails , now for us people that did not commit any crime or deceit . We should get something , nothing worth money but a nice shinny title beside my name would make me smile since I have spent 105 American dollars more compared to someone that got there accounts for 5 dollars each x3 , they have made dishonest people happy by unbanning them , how about making us in the minority that did no dirty tricks happy also ....

Yi Min
  15. shawning New Member

Anyone still banned? I received my email about 7 hours ago. Interestingly they said I was banned because I purchased a 3rd party key but I haven't purchased anything other than Krono directly from them. My accounts are less than a week old so I haven't had time to upgrade them to all access or buy expansions.
  16. Aghinem Augur

If you are still banned, try reseting your password and doing a new password. That has worked for some folks.
  17. banned-morg New Member

also, i was finally able to login with ANY account (not the banned ones), because i was obviously ip-banned.
    couldnt log in to ANY daybreak services with ANY account (even newly created ones)
    will test the password reset method now, thanks for the tip
  18. banned-morg New Member

that worked! thanks!!!
    Aghinem likes this.
  19. Morg New Member

ok, it really worked. to everyone F5ing this thread looking for information:

1. If you can't login to any Daybreak Services, try changing your IP-Address. For dialup users this means just reconnecting, cable users can try this as well. Or: use your mobile phone with LTE/3g to get on the forums / do step 2
    2. reset your password for the banned accounts. that worked for me
  20. Bohz Journeyman

Well I just hope you all learned your lesson.
    Yimin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.