Can't log in, says access denied

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lilura, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koben New Member

A great way to prevent these future charge backs, should be once the Krono is traded it can no longer be issued a charge back. If the charges are disputed than the original purchaser is issued the ban not the individual making the purchase. There has to be some type of penalty for those who abuse the system with making profit off those who are not doing wrong. What ya'll think?
  2. Gilad Journeyman

Not sure if you're mixing me up with some other people at this point. This is my one and only account I've ever posted on for EQ. Apparently they did a forum reset at some point within the last 3-4 years when I was not playing EQ or EQ2. I don't really remember name calling you. White Knighting for Daybreak isn't a name call, it's an action reference mate :p

Anyways, probably miscommunication on both sides. Regardless this whole deal is over now thank god. If you wanna continue this at some point PM me for my in game name + server. Sorry for what I did that ticked you off.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  3. dchap0808 New Member

I'm going to keep my CSR ticket open until they explain exactly why my accounts were banned. I'd really love to know. Having worked for SOE years ago, I know for a fact that anything in game has a unique ID and can be tracked, especially something like a krono. If I was the victim of an ill-gotten krono by no fault of my own, then what is going to stop this from happening in the future?

I see a huge hit on krono prices though.
  4. Gilad Journeyman

Thanks for validating a point I made earlier. Some guy was trying to tell me that I was completely wrong when I outlined the base coding that goes into something like this.
  5. dchap0808 New Member

I used to track scam's in Star Wars Galaxies. Everything has an ID#, is logged when its traded, dropped, consumed, everything.
    We used to be able to /goto #1343279463782 or whatever the ID # was, and pop right up on top of the item that was "lost", or so the customer would say, and we would find it right in their storage box, or inventory, or traded to an alt account, or whatever...You name it, we saw it all. Every trick in the book, and it's all logged and saved for CSR's to search through.
    rotor likes this.
  6. dchap0808 New Member

Haha, yea, it was worth 2m yesterday, and now I cant give it away.
    Joules_Bianchi and rotor like this.
  7. Aghinem Augur

Dear Daybreak Reps,

Thank you from KoI for assisting the many players who were afflicted by this unfortunate situation and taking the time to address it through all the chaos. This undoubtedly will restore a lot of faith in the game community and will serve as a staunch lesson for people not to be so trusting of these 3rd party websites.

Again thank you from all of us.

Sincerely,

Aghi
  8. gotwar Gotcharms

Wanted to post something like this, Aghi, but you beat me to it. Agree with everything you just said.

Primal Brood, and I'm sure countless guilds across all servers, echo this sentiment. Ya'll had a very legitimate reason to handle this differently, and while I'm sure this was a financial call, that doesn't really matter to us. We're just happy you guys made what was, in our opinion, the best call in this situation.

-All the members and officers of Primal Brood
    Gyurika Godofwar and Aghinem like this.
  9. rotor New Member

Thing is, they are all afraid to trade within the game now. rightfully so.
  10. dchap0808 New Member

Lift the ban already! Don't you know that we are addicts and want instant gratification!
  11. Sintay New Member

Echoing Aghinem, yes, thank you to CS and whichever execs or leads decided to resolve this situation as they have.

Any of those that bought into the 'too good to be true' mentality and care about their accounts' standings will be cautious to the point of paranoia from here on. Most of those that were gifted or spent krono on a code, while maybe less deserving of a warning flag on their account, will be satisfied given the alternatives. People that don't give a whit one way or another will do something else to get their second flag and be banned at some point in the future anyway.

My feelings are that things were resolved in the most favorable way possible given the circumstances, and yes I'm relieved like everyone else. I don't like the thought that DBG could be outed from a substantial amount of money, since I'm that guy that pulls out of the drive-through and walks into the restaurant to pay for the drink I didn't get charged for because if I didn't pay for it, I shouldn't have it. Bottom line thinking pretty much always makes sense though.

I'm not sure what cosmetics or goodies are going to be in the DB store for the holiday, but I will be picking up some DB cash and buying at least something to show a little support and appreciation.

A lot of us are probably looking passive-aggressive as the wave of relief washes over the community and some of the more heated posts are viewed, but to those with the financial wherewithal to do so, please show a little extra support this weekend for DBG's resolution. They're here for the money, and they're undoubtedly absorbing a financial hit to some degree. Even if it's $5 and an exp potion, do something to encourage reasonably quick decisions that are favorable to the majority of the player base.

Have a good weekend all, hope to see everyone in-game and having fun.
    Aghinem, dchap0808 and Vatra like this.
  12. Yimin Augur

I spend $150 American on buying the expansions for TBM from Daybreak, and others get away with buying 3 expansions for $ 15 , this is the shape of the world ,break the rules and there is no punishment for doing so , play buy the rules and you get punished ..

Why are the players that did not break rules not getting something here , like a gold name or something to show we were not part of this deceit .....

Yi Min
  13. rotor New Member

People are traumatized by seeing ban notices. Some of them will never come back.
    Yimin likes this.
  14. dchap0808 New Member

Well said.
    Kennebell likes this.
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Wish the unbanning was actually happening instead of just letters, can't spend money on station cash until they are!
  16. Yimin Augur

How do you get I'm mad from what I said here ? this is not a question of controlling our losing your emotions , this is about knowing , this is the right way and this is the wrong way, maybe someday you will learn this lesson , be for it is to late ..

Yi Min
  17. Sintay New Member

Yeah, it'd be nice to be able to DO stuff with the guild instead of chatting on my bazaar mule, but I figure if DBG is taking a money hit, I'm not going to raise too much Cain about a time hit on my end.
    Maybe they can allow everyone /gems access to pass the time!
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Accounts are starting to be really unbanned btw, just have to wait your turn. Since I don't know what it was that caused the suspension on the two accounts I have been able to log in, not sure what they did to accounts.

I do have an alt account I had traded for a TBM code, so when that one comes unbanned I'll see if they removed the expansion (one would assume they did and you'll need to rebuy it).
  19. Aghinem Augur

Its a script that runs. I think they had to write a authorization unban script similar to the authorization ban script that was wrote to start this. Just let it run its cycle.
  20. Phaze New Member

ok, and that makes you entitled to what? you clearly stated your account wasn't FALSELY banned, so why do you think you deserve anything? i had two friends get banned, and then unbanned, while my account wasn't, while they deserve some form of compensation for being wrongly banned, i in no way think im entitled to anything, and to be honest, neither are you

and before you comment, ive had my account open for years, i never had a reason to use the forums before, hence why it says ive only been active for a day, i hold nothing against you personally Yimin, but the fact that you think you deserve anything from this is pathetic
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.