Can't log in, says access denied

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lilura, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ieaien New Member

Just tried to call again, and got an automated answer saying there is no phone-based customer support, and that their voicemail service has been turned off, so leaving a voicemail would not be recorded. So, no matter what method you take to try to get this resolved, you are only going to get the same blanket response. Petition and wait for them to make a decision.
    rotor likes this.
  2. Freki Augur

wierd that they want the numbers of the card used when you proved it was not you that made the actual purchase but well i'm sorry you seem to have lost, but remember this can and will happen in other games as well. WOW, SWTOR, ESO and many more out there
  3. Lilura Augur

And they should know damn well people don't have the CC number.
    rotor likes this.
  4. AlmarsGuides Augur

An expansion would be a tangible item in this argument a virtual item is an ingame item and not something that is tangible.
    Kennebell and Blart like this.
  5. Aghinem Augur

You are going to have people who spread misinformation just for the sole purpose of spamming the pages with bullcrap.
  6. Khat_Nip Meow

If you read it on the internet then it must be true; Is that what you're implying?
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

It's actually a smart way to say, hey we know you bought the keys, code etc.. from a 3rd party unauthorized vendor in some back water website to undercut us.

Good luck finding those CC
  8. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

It's tied to Steam purchases. Any of the other 3rd party purchases were purchased on Steam (for as low as a dollar or two) and resold.

There's a lot of indie publishers (and a couple other major ones) who have also been screwed by this in the last 24 hours.

Daybreak is the only one I know of who mass banned everyone because of it.
  9. AlmarsGuides Augur

You can ask a company to do a bulk purchase of a product from them, like an expansion. Say you were a minor company that bought and resold game products. You contact daybreak and say listen, I will buy 25grand worth of expansions for 3$ a piece (this is unrealistic pricing wise I know, but the example is solid). Why they sold it at 5 made no sense, because they could have sold it for triple just as easily, however, it is plausible for this to legitimately happen in the world. This is the most common practice we see today - do you think Gamestop pays 59.99 for a copy of call of duty then sells it to a customer for the same price? Hells no, they probably get 100 - 200 copies for 30$ a piece and flip them for almost double.

You also have BJs and other "whole sale" stores that let you buy like a gallon of mayo or 100 paper towels for a discount because you are buying in bulk.

No one that fell for this scam is dumb, it's human nature to go after good deals when you see them like this, it's almost basic psychology. Also there are people out there I am sure who got gifted bad keys. It wouldn't be uncommon for someone to buy a key for a friend for such a small amount. I am not mistaken to say Valhallah had a few people buy keys for irl friends who got banned that decided to come back to EQ for the sole purpose of the X-pac being so cheap. I am sure Prosperitas is in the same boat as are dozens of other guilds.
    rotor likes this.
  10. dchap0808 New Member

just got the email.

They are Un-Banning everyone

Greetings,

This is a notification from Daybreak Game Company.
    We regret to inform you that the account name: ****has been issued a warning due to a Community Standards violation. After reviewing our records, one of the characters on this account was found to have committed the following violations:
    • On Thursday, June 30th, Daybreak Games identified and suspended a number of accounts across EverQuest, EverQuest 2, PlanetSide 2 and DC Universe Online. These accounts had redeemed content via keys sold on third-party key selling sites. Those keys had been invalidated due to credit card chargebacks, which is often indicative of fraudulent purchases. Players should always beware of keys sold outside of Daybreak Games or our official affiliate partners like Steam.
    • Daybreak understands that some players may not have known that they were purchasing invalid keys. We will be reversing the suspensions through the holiday weekend so players can continue to play and enjoy our titles. However, we want to emphasize that players should be wary of any game keys purchased from sellers other than Daybreak or Steam, as those keys may not be valid, and we cannot provide any refunds for keys that were purchased from third-party sites.

We do not take situations like this lightly and are informing you that future incidences could result in further action against you, up to and including permanent account ban. You may view the full Terms of Service here:https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service

Thank you for your consideration,

Daybreak Games Support
    rotor, Evilkitty and Blart like this.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Just received this:

Greetings,

This is a notification from Daybreak Game Company.
    We regret to inform you that the account name: XXXXXXXhas been issued a warning due to a Community Standards violation. After reviewing our records, one of the characters on this account was found to have committed the following violations:
    • On Thursday, June 30th, Daybreak Games identified and suspended a number of accounts across EverQuest, EverQuest 2, PlanetSide 2 and DC Universe Online. These accounts had redeemed content via keys sold on third-party key selling sites. Those keys had been invalidated due to credit card chargebacks, which is often indicative of fraudulent purchases. Players should always beware of keys sold outside of Daybreak Games or our official affiliate partners like Steam.
    • Daybreak understands that some players may not have known that they were purchasing invalid keys. We will be reversing the suspensions through the holiday weekend so players can continue to play and enjoy our titles. However, we want to emphasize that players should be wary of any game keys purchased from sellers other than Daybreak or Steam, as those keys may not be valid, and we cannot provide any refunds for keys that were purchased from third-party sites.
    We do not take situations like this lightly and are informing you that future incidences could result in further action against you, up to and including permanent account ban. You may view the full Terms of Service here: https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service

Thank you for your consideration,

Daybreak Games Support

For what it is worth. Not seen anything on the other accounts, not logged in to check if something is missing (it wasn't TBM keys for this account so would have to figure out what it was, or maybe since I think this was the one that I don't recall ever using any codes, may be why it was done first and it is just a blanket email).
    rotor likes this.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

However, the account still says banned when I try and log in.
  13. Ecure New Member

Two possible origins for the keys:

If there really was CC chargeback fraud then sure suspend the accounts but offer the buyers an option to go legit.

If there was a region lock exchange pricing "mistake" then this really is a facepalm response on DBG part. :eek: Players should be allowed to keep the expansions or at the very least the accounts should be kept in good standing.

It is not player's problem that DBG only got $1 for each key code, if DBG actually got paid then keys should stand. Somebody buying TBM key 6 months after a release was not going to pay a full price anyways.

A Solomon's solution would be to offer a 50% discount on TBM for the offenders. The bad guys will not pay while the good honest customers will bite the bullet and pay.

More money for DBG, 17 year old accounts keep playing, everyone wins, right?
    rotor likes this.
  14. dchap0808 New Member

The un-ban process will take a little while. Hopefully, not all day..days...weekend...
  15. Rhodz Augur

Seriously I cannot decide if this the funniest thing I ever seen a game company do or the saddest for the players.
    Maybe both, but real glad they have backed off till they can investigate.
    Yall enjoy the holiday.
    rotor likes this.
  16. Vdidar Augur

Oh man. I bet the white knights are so up in arms right now. Clearly the bottom line wins. Congrats to all you guys on getting your stuff back whether your story was legit or not.
  17. DeadWizzy New Member

Thank you Daybreak. For the unsuspension and what seems like just leaving what is on the accounts as is. I am sure this was a rough decision on your part, but honestly, you saved quite a bit on Customer relations and future players in Norrath. Cheers, now my account can hit 21 years and drink to it in years to come.
    rotor likes this.
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

They can't "region lock" any of the games keys... the servers are all in one place, with worldwide access.
  19. dchap0808 New Member

Lessons learned, hopefully, by everyone. I would have been bummed for sure if my accounts were all gone, just like that.
    Good move on DBG's part. Keep the players paying. I'm sure there will be some fallout from this still...unfortunately.
    rotor likes this.
  20. Kennebell New Member

No one in my guild reports getting an email like the above, but if so that is great news.

Here's hoping they cascade this to everyone and get it done before everyone leaves for the holiday weekend.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.