Can't help but notice

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Critts, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Minato Augur

It was a subtle joke no need to get up in arms
  2. Behelit Augur

Yes all 2 zerkers in RoI, with our 1 beastlord. If raids were tuned around us, everyone should be happy that we lost our 3rd zerker and 2 beasts during farm of TBM or raids in EoK would have ~60% more HP.

But I guess I should just take the compliment that even without a beastlord I'm worth 2-3 MS zerkers.

#KrixisOnlyGoodOne

/mourns the loss of Tolzol
    Sindaiann, Turayalon and Sancus like this.
  3. Brudal Augur

Don't blame me, I just push the buttons i looked up on the interwebs.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  4. Tolzol Augur

Don't mourn the loss of me just yet......
    Divinejustice and RPoo like this.
  5. Cleaver Augur

What is a good zerker for 500 alex ?
  6. Critts Augur

Even with Rez effects your more DPS the me ;).
  7. Critts Augur

Actually the difference between a TBM AA/gear Zerker vs an EoK AA/gear Zerker is about the difference of one TBM Zerker prehaps 50-100k less. So yes two beta buffed Zerkers would be almost as much DPS as 4 TBM geared Zerkers. #makewizardsgreatagain
  8. Vrinda Augur

My son was over at Christmas and told me about a game (strictly PvP, if I understood him correctly) he's been playing on line. He said he was about to throw in the towel and move on to a different game because there was only one viable "build" out of all the possible combinations, making the game one dimensional and subject mostly to wins via RNG. You can play something different, but the game is so far out of balance that it isn't possible to win with anything other than that one build.

EQ is starting to feel that way to me. The only problem a zerker has is pulling aggro off a poorly played tank. The rest of the dps might as well not be there. Do they help? Sure. But you can drop any two of your other dps toons, no matter how well played, for an equally skilled zerker and not see a change in your total raid dps. If that isn't the definition of broken, I don't know what is.

Once upon a time, wizards were supposed to be the kings of burst dps. They sacrificed utility, a pet, etc., to achieve that status. Once upon that same time, necros were supposed to be the kings of sustained dps. We traded burst dps for a long ramp up time, but ultimately a very nice sustained dps on long events. We're currently hitting the debuff cap with only two necros on our raids due to the debuffs required by everyone else's EoK spells, and wizards are showing poorly against zerkers even on burst.

Every time the devs give necros anything, it's another taste of the nerf bat, so I won't ask for anything there. Could we maybe see wizards get a bit of a boost so there's at least one caster class that's in the same game as zerkers?
  9. Critts Augur

Necros as they are still are the kings of caster Sustained DPS. They are insanly difficult to play at the peak of the class, but still able to beat out every other caster class in sustained. I would say most Necros don't know how to play the class and that is why you don't see the crazy parses they can get posted anywhere. That and the ones that can, don't want to be nerfed (understandably). The new dot system will change the way the class is played prehaps bringing the difficulty curve down some. I'm not sold on if it will be better or not. As far as bumping Necros in DPS ,yes to be competive with Zerker's sustained Necros would need a significant amount added.

In your opinion what do you think would be a good way to improve caster DPS?
  10. Brudal Augur

Quad cast chance of a successful twin cast
  11. Critts Augur

Could work, tho very unreliable. Prehaps a set amount of quad cast simular to improved Twincast. I was thinking an arctype, self only, set duration, spellhaste buff that tops the current 11% cleric buff, might shake things up. That would add another layer of demention to burns as the a typical spell line up would change. A reduction in casters universal cooldown or an elimination of it all together for a set duration. A general reduction in spell cast times would be nice. something that hits hard as hell. The wizard Dico has been broken since launch and is pretty weak in general, make it twincastable or even better Quadcastable. For other classes this isn't that big of a deal but wizard critical chance rates are still lower then other classes even after the decent gain from EoK.
  12. Piemastaj Augur

Having an incredibly good Crit Damage mod is probably why. Part of the reason why Wizards benefited more then classes with higher crit chance rates when they changed Crit Damage stacking.

Not surprising that melee are ahead, non-level increase expansions have always been bad for Casters. Very little new spells + Melee getting new Weapons stacks the deck in favor of Melee. Been like this for a while, and probably won't change sadly.

Point is, Zerkers win expansions and we should not be allowed to Beta Test with Zerkers.....
    Reht likes this.
  13. Sarcogian Augur

Hi pie. <3
  14. IblisTheMage Augur

Nerf mages?
  15. Sindaiann Augur

I have no idea what a Mage even is.
    gotwar likes this.
  16. Critts Augur

Mages are the new rouges
    Sindaiann likes this.
  17. fransisco Augur

But are twice as nerfable! You can nerf the pet or the caster - double the fun!
  18. Vrinda Augur

Where we get into problems with this is agreeing on the definition of sustained dps. Is it three minutes? Six minutes? Ten? Twenty? And you forget that we're not just comparing the four INT caster classes to each other. If those classes aren't competitive with the melee dps classes, you'll end up with one or two die hard players who stick with the class while everyone else jumps ship or cancels.
    If necros have virtually no burst and are lagging that far behind zerkers in sustained, why would you play one? Yes, it's insanely difficult to play a necro at the peak of the class. Even if I handed out a specific casting, AA trigger, and clicky order, most people either couldn't or wouldn't keep all of the dots going while hot swapping spells and continually dumping aggro to try to avoid being summoned and flattened. It's just plain hard work compared to the mashing of a few buttons most dps classes deal with. Will the supposed dot revamp bring the learning curve down? Possibly. But if the result is an easy class to play that puts out crappy dps, again I have to ask: Why would you play one?
    In my opinion, they could start by reversing every single caster and pet nerf they've thrown our way over the past four years - with the single exception of mage beaming that was being abused to stall out entire zones - and it still wouldn't bring caster dps up to the level zerkers are currently at. On the other hand, it would at least be a start. Drop wizard Force AA nukes down to 100 - 200 mana instead of the stupid amount they tacked on to discourage players from using them. Cut 0.25 to 0.5 seconds off the global spell cooldown. Vastly decrease the ridiculous mana drains they throw in every other raid, but that have no effect at all on zerkers, rogues, and monks. Tweak spell damage amounts upward by a couple percent beyond the flat level increase formula they've used for years. Even with the expensive AAs we have to buy, it's clearly not enough to remain competitive.

In the end, they need to look at the classes people are raiding with and put a little effort into adjusting class abilities and dps levels so there's a reason to play them all. We had fifteen tanks on last night's raid, six zerkers, one mage, one necro, two wizards (one of whom left after the first event), and a miscellaneous small assortment of melee dps along with the healers/adps classes. Why in Norrath should we need fifteen tanks? Why should zerkers be the only dps class that matters?

This whole mess is making me tired.
  19. Naugrin Augur

Wizard power atm is bumming me out...and we are working on beating raids and flagging. Once that's done, my motivation to keep logging in is going to take a much larger hit than most years I think.

I had a bad feeling from the very start of beta, I'm guessing most dps classes felt the same. As beta went on, I kept thinking "something has to give. This can't be the intention, can it?"

I think I'm patient enough to make it to next level increase, but I have the sneaking suspicion that it won't be as kind to casters as most. There seems to have been a very anti-caster trend going on for some time. Maybe it's just my perception, but I don't think so. There was that push to make mana and agro matter again...imo it hasn't accomplished anything good.

Long story short: I hope to soon find more enjoyment ingame than I am currently experiencing.
  20. gotwar Gotcharms

Doubling the number of focus AA for pertinent caster spells (from 8 to 16) would have solved a lot of issues without OP'ing any class. When we're three deep into a no level-cap increase expansion run, that or a new "primary nuke" (or two) is needed to scale caster power with melee itemization.

Fixing Dicho Fire for Wizards would also be good (along with vortex). Casters are going to start lagging behind even more as more guilds unlock t2/t3 melee itemization, which sucks.

In regards specifically to Enchanters, I'd like to see even more caster ADPS for us. Right now our role is basically... click IoG/Chromatic -> then DPS. Not like there's many CC friendly events in TBM/EOK, so throw that out the door. Enchanter "utility" right now is... haste/crack. Spell rune/NET where applicable. So IMHO if our DPS goes down (in relation to others) our ADPS or utility needs to go up. For now I'm parsing comfortably close to Rangers / Beastlords, so life is good (ish). Our month in the spotlight prior to Drown nerf was nice, but everyone flips out when an Enchanter breaks top 5/10 so, bai !

Necros. I really don't think Necros are in a bad spot, personally. They do need that DoT revamp badly. The learning curve on Necromancers is horrific, and burst is nonexistent. Sustained takes actual minutes to ramp up, which is a lifetime on raids. I'd imagine the majority of Necro specific woes would be instantly solved with a well-implemented DoT change.

Mages need some serious love. We all troll the Mages on here because it makes us lol, but I think everyone recognizes the real sentiment behind that is "FFS, fix them." For a class that largely brings... nothing... utility wise to a raid (summon a mod rod and !), their DPS needs to be much higher. I think this could be pretty easily fixed by improving Mage nukes across the board. It shouldn't be Wizard DPS, but it shouldn't be lagging behind Rangers / Beastlords either.

IMHO, three of the four caster classes aren't doing that badly, all things considered.
    Spellfire and Sindaiann like this.