Can't help but notice

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Critts, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Critts Augur

Wizards kind of suck in EoK. Well our parses do at least. So I got out DPSed by 250k (yes 250k) in a group the other day. I sustained about 107k so 250+107= 357k DPS sustained.I understand our spells didn't get upgraded, that we get Agro managment, location spells, and mana return abilities, but am I to believe that is worth 100k DPS let alone more then 200k? If so there is a need for a pure DPS caster type amoung the classes one that has no other fuction. I know this isn't going to happen but hey would be nice. #makewizardsgreatagain
    Azzurri likes this.
  2. fransisco Augur

Melee get new weapons but caster are using spells 3 expansions old.
    All non-level increasing expansions are melee friendly
  3. kizant Augur

All of our spells got upgraded via focus AAs. Wizards did ok this expansion. He was probably just grouped with a zerker.
    svann likes this.
  4. fransisco Augur

And melee get a ton of AAs as well.
    This happens every time there is a non-level increase expansion.
    Although zerkers are soo far ahead now that only nerfs will let wizards catch them now.
  5. Critts Augur

Yea, I have max focus for the spells I was useing as well as max class and arctype AAs.
  6. Critts Augur

Nothing stoping them from adding 20 more LVs to the focus AAs casters got.
  7. Critts Augur

Yea I don't want Zerkers to get Nurfed. I do however want to see a much much much smaller difference in damage. The wizard burn is pretty pathetic ATM. It could use about 400k - 800k more then it currently does To be competitive. Depending on gear, skill, and AAs. Note I'm not talking sustained I'm talking burn. So almost double.
  8. fransisco Augur

how can you not nerf berzerkers but make things balanced again? Zerkers are so incredibly far ahead of everyone else, you would need to give every other dps class (wizard, ranger, mage, enchanter, beastlord, monk, even rogues) all massive buffs to even come close to reasserting balance.
    Note: I didn't say necro because their unwillingness to state their dps leads one to assume its VERY high.
  9. Critts Augur

Well it has a lot to do with how EoK was tuned raid wise. Some guild that shall remain unnamed saw a large amount of Development time, no biggie, aside from the fact that they roll Berzerkers... good Berzerkers. Some of the raids require untold amounts of DPS and at this point if you where to nurf Zerkers to death the events will almost surely have to be tuned down because the other classes simplest can't make up the difference. So I'm for every other class getting some major bumbs in DPS. That being said I don't want Zerkers to get Nurfed because getting Nurfed sucks I don't like it and I'm sure they don't either. I wouldn't be against them fixing some abilities that are obviously broken, but deliberately going after useful stuff and makeing it useless (Bard Dico) is something I don't want to see.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

well, it looks like we are getting a fix for shocking vortex. If it means the counters are only absorbed by wizard spells then it could be a good boost for wizard dps, if they will work for all spells instead it will at least be a respectable(but brief) adps spell.

I must admit as a raiding wizard: I haven't been at the top of a raid parse in a long time(not even close), I guess we will have to be satisfied with that, for the time being.

Doesn't help that neither frostbound alliance nor manaburn looks good on a personal parse, i still think they help alot for the overall raid dps though.

It looks to me that dbg are trying to make our class a little less like an one-dimensional glass cannon, looking at the spells and abilities we have gotten recently, and I like being an one-dimensional glass cannon, but at least I still feel usefull. :)
  11. fransisco Augur

Its not like rogues or berzerkers are one dimensional with snares, stuns, slows, ect.
  12. Critts Augur

True all wizards really need is something to keep from pulling Agro when a tank sucks. I mean it's not like other classes are pulling Agro now either so our managment spells are pretty much to cover you if someone dies or by dealing so much damage they should draw more Agro.
  13. Critts Augur

I can still place under however many Zerkers are in the raid and depending on the event sometimes under a mage or two. So much of a casters DPS is based on an Enchanter's spell count/ADPS. But yea there is pretty much no way to beat a Zerker ATM. I had two enchanters once as well as to cast of black wolf and only parses at 290k sustained on vim and vigor while Zerkers can get 500k on that event.
  14. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Looking at the top guilds rosters and it appears that ...................... MS has the most active zerkers so whats your rant about again?
  15. Critts Augur

Sorry couldn't edit. I can "typicaly" place under the Zerkers some other classes like rangers and Necros can beat wizards pretty regulerly.
  16. Critts Augur

Yes MS has amazing Berzerkers I would say dame near the best in game, wouldn't you? I can't say if MS is to blame. I can say MS didn't Beta buff/fish while raiding so it would be highly doughtful they would be pushing any kind of DPS numbers that weren't well known in TBM. Over turning could be due to the Devs seeking to make top guilds' climbs more difficult or competive. I can say that mid and lower tier guilds will have a much more difficult time without stacking Zerkers instead of casters. T1 raids are always an option I guess. So the "rant" is namely that Zerkers are so OP with the new AAs etc that other classes can not make up the difference that would result from zerkers being Nurfed into the ground. That is unless all classes where giving bumbs in DPS. So don't nurf Zerkers unless you make everyone else better.
  17. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

You said a certain guild has more zerkers or more good zerkers so that allowed them to win stuff easy in beta possibly allowing raids to be over tuned because of their advantage in roster makeup. Yet your guild seems to have more zerkers than any other in the top 5 or so and you just said some of the damn best. So was it your guild MS that you were talking about when posting? You seemed to have implied it wasn't.

Those other guilds with only 2 or 3 zerkers seem to be doing just fine as well. And I doubt outside of RoI and MS that the other guilds have 100% attendance for all raids so far. So they might still be winning stuff with only 1 or no zerkers present at times.
  18. Critts Augur

I said a guild that shall remain unnamed. It is what it is. Your free to throw names around if you want to. If that makes you value my opinion less I can live with that. Also I didn't say they had more Zerkers, I said they roll good Zerkers. If there was one or five it doesn't mater when they do three times the amount of other top DPS classes. If you make them useless it hurts everyone.
  19. Minato Augur

Fixed for ya.. not even close do all melee overly benefit from non level increase expansions =P

Hell my 2nd burn uses a lvl 63 disc
  20. Brohg Augur

wait, what's your claim now? that monks don't benefit from new weapons?