Can't create character.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Clyve, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Overcast451 Augur

haha, ok - fair enough :)
  2. Ewaz of_E'ci Journeyman

I successfully submit character names and crash entering norrath only to come back and the character be completely gone...
    Is someone else actually getting these names after ive already created with them or is the game eatting these and sending them into the void? (seems more likely)
  3. Kahna Augur

This is part of the life of a new server, be happy they are still popular enough to cause problems like this. Take a deep breath, and go do something else while things settle down. Waiting isn't going to kill you.
    Fallfyres and sleka like this.
  4. yraapt New Member

exactly!
  5. Msty1 New Member

OMG are you a psychic? It has, how did you know?
    yraapt likes this.
  6. Kahna Augur

The names are getting eaten, you can petition them, but if you time out on your first log in attempt your name will get bugged.
    Ewaz of_E'ci likes this.
  7. Troutfest Augur

I crashed before going into world and my character was still there next time I made it to character select. After about 15 mins.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. Aaro New Member

Stressing won't get you into the world faster, but it will make you feel worse when you arrive. Enjoy a relaxing beverage and float along the lazy river. You'll be fine!

At some point, the characters I've created will all be 1) out of the world 2) available at character select (some are, some aren't visible), and 3) logged into a starting zone successfully. At that point I will play EQ. Until that point, I'll calmly work toward that end.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  9. Everdork99 Lorekeeper

I just time out over and over trying to get to the server.
  10. Clyve Lorekeeper

Going on about 30 mins per average name reservation.
  11. sleka Lorekeeper

It's fantastic that there is this much traffic for the new servers.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  12. Peat Moss Journeyman

I have the same issue. Six minutes of waiting to get a 'Server not responding' message. When I try to go to the server again, it wants me to log out the character, but it isn't listed in the server list when I finally get there.
  13. Xanathol Augur

High school students have managed to create web services on general, low cost market level clouds that handle load better than this...
    mightyfp and Haeldar like this.
  14. Hufflepuff New Member

You seem to miss the point of this I don't want to go do something else I want to play EQ on one of the new TLP servers that were available at 12 noon PST and still cannot. I pay money to be able to play when they state they are available not "go do something else while things settle down". That's like paying for an airline flight at 12 noon from LA to NY and getting to the airport and the airline telling you the plane is here and is operational but you can't get on it yet
    "go do something else while things settle down"
  15. Peat Moss Journeyman

Also, now the servers are at maximum capacity so adding me to a que...and then it 'Timed Out' on me.
  16. IgnisFirestarter New Member

The world server is currently at maximum capacity...average wait time 1707551m
    Really??????????????????????????????
    Fallfyres likes this.
  17. Sinnje New Member

In a Q
    Fallfyres likes this.
  18. Hufflepuff New Member

I finally get a login queue message Average wait time 1707551m !! Guess I'll have to go do something else for 3.2 years !!!
    Haeldar and Fallfyres like this.
  19. Clyve Lorekeeper

ROFL I'm at 426898m.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  20. Leifer Augur

Average wait time: 426898m. Not a joke.
    Fallfyres likes this.