Can't create a character + login queue

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MaestroM, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ianchudson Journeyman

I'll just be here Queue Queuing....
    Punchu likes this.
  2. Windd Journeyman

Its quiet now has everyone made it in?
  3. Alekyne Journeyman

I realize there are 64 pages and counting, but have you actually read some of the posts in this thread? It's rife with people losing their minds, venting like children because they can't have exactly what they want, when they want it. It's ridiculous. Not to mention, this server is locked at PoP - 1 day isn't going to make a difference.

But yeah, ok, I'll spare you.
  4. Cynix New Member

Nope. Lot of people probably just realised Daybreak's taken them for a ride all night and just moved on.
  5. ianchudson Journeyman

The Average Wait Time is holding steady at 75m(inutes?)

I'm still convinced it's m(onths)
  6. Your_Ad_Here Augur

Nope. 75 minute queue for me now. Yipee!
  7. Bluejay New Member

Ok so here has been my experience so far:

At zero minute I was able to log in on one of my machines. I tried loading up a second box in order to save some names for my guildies but after getting the toon created and clicking enter world, the game froze and eventually kicked me off the server. That's when all hell broke loose and everyone started getting the errors and ques.

As for my one character who made it in, I got to level 3 before I was disconnected by the server. It was around the same time the dupe issue surfaced. At the time the population was low, only slightly over 100 people in general chat / new player chat. From levels 1 to 3 only about 50 or so new people were able to get in, at least according to the chat channel population.

Ever since getting kicked, I am in the same boat with im guessing 9/10th of the population here - sitting in que. The only difference is now I have not been kicked for inactivity, only the que time just keeps rising. Its at a whopping 75 minutes now.

Really such a shame that this company couldn't foresee this and performed better stress / load testing. Or begun with a working que. But hey, at least they fixed it after 5 hours amirite?
  8. Xynia Apprentice

PSA: Don't accidentally hit the esc key at the char select. It'll log you off without asking for confirmation.
  9. Intabus New Member

wow amazing... Just noticed the queue went DOWN... to 74 minutes average wait time.. although I have been waiting in it for more than that. gg

Edit:Now its 73 minutes..
  10. TruthofEQ Elder

I think people have the freedom to react any way they want to something they were excited about and paid money for.

It's not about being behind by 1 day, it's everything! Some people lost the name they wanted because of some bug, others got through the Queue and got excited to find out they aren't on the right server because the Queue system messed up. Being that EQ has had tons of launches, it still amazes most of us that they still don't prepare for the amount of people they will have...

Think of it like this, if you played this game for 10 years, you would have easily spent at least $1800 playing EQ. Now most players have had at a time more than one account, some players have easily given Verant, Sony, DB, etc... thousands upon thousands of dollars, would assume that they would have built servers for an 18 year old game that could handle a launch... I think that's why people aren't happy at times.

I dont mind the wait, I'm patient and sit on the forums and watch Mystery Science Theatre 3000 (original), I even took a nap earlier while I waited :) But I have given this company and this game a lot of my time and money over the years, was HOPING I could get in and play my new character within a few hours, not 5-10.

Going to be a long night for me!
    andross77 likes this.
  11. Ramz New Member

same 73 down from 75, I'm hoping that's a good sign (yes I know wishful thinking)
  12. RiplyAnklebiter Lorekeeper

Finally got in after 5.5 hours since I was booted from character select screen. One thing, you don't necessarily lose the character when this happens, mine were still there. Two, the amount of people standing around AFK in Akanon, Neriak and Freeport (Zones I have checked) is ridiculous. I am seeing more AFK then playing.
  13. Stigmas Elder

Good thing I have the freedom to call them idiots. Like going to the grocery and yelling at the employees because you had to wait in line. People who have been around long enough to know what the hell eq is, should understand that launch day is always ruff.
  14. Bongjohnsilvers New Member

Well this has been a fun 5.5 hours. Can't wait to play again tomorrow!
    HoodenShuklak and Shurman like this.
  15. Shurman Lorekeeper

lol

Yeah right?

What fun this is.
  16. EasyAsPie New Member

Decide if they deserve your money. Decide if you have patience to keep on waiting.

The choice is yours.
  17. Khale Journeyman

Wow, finally got in, created a magician and was logged in as a wizard.
  18. Kirab Lorekeeper

was able to log in and create a character at 2pm (server launch) upon trying to zone that character in I got booted. Ever since then anytime I try to log in, after I made it through the horrible queue, it tells me I have an active character already. WTF

EDIT: Can even log characters on different servers, so just something broken about Agnarr.
  19. thebeasttt New Member

lol so many names gone already, first 6 choices taken. RIP DBG
  20. itzagame_m8s Journeyman

One of us got in around 2:20 and.. name taken it was semi obscure, so likely a name squatter wasting a char slot they'll neve rplay (Or play with endless tells from people who will ask if it's the real one.. )
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.