Can't claim quest rewards

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Vexana_Lanys, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Vexana_Lanys Lorekeeper

I've done a quick search to see if there was a solution I'm just not seeing. I've zoned, relogged, killed the reward item (I already had it), and here I am. Stuck with three tabs for the same reward but it doesn't show up properly. Can't preview, inspect, and when I try to select, I'm told the system is unable to grant the reward for the quest.

Ideas or solutions?

[IMG]
  2. BlackVZ Lorekeeper

I had a similar issue, did a petition and it worked for me. I was told to do the following.

This is GM xxxxxxxx. You may want to make backups and then delete the following files:

defaults.ini
    eqclient.ini
    eqgame.exe
    EQGfx_Dx8.dll
    EQGraphicsDX9.dll
    eqlsClient.ini
    eqmain.dll

Also, back up the character configuration files by following these instructions:

<CharacterName><ServerName>.ini (example jack_bristlebane.ini)
    UI<CharacterName>_<ServerName>.ini (example ui_jack_bristlebane.ini)

One or more of those files may be corrupt, causing these issues.
  3. Vexana_Lanys Lorekeeper

Here's hoping, whenever the game comes back up, this fixes the issue. Thank you :)
  4. Vexana_Lanys Lorekeeper

Welp, no dice. Ah well.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think it is that quest that is causing this as same thing happened to me on that same quest last year. I just did a couple of different quests that gave easy rewards (in Cresent Reach) and it seemed to straighten it out - but if I remember it took a while but all my other quests went in ok and got rewards for them fine. I remember playing around with it and finally got it to clear.
  6. Vexana_Lanys Lorekeeper

I did try this out last night, doing a number of Crescent Reach quests. Those rewards were just fine. Oh well. Maybe it'll figure itself eventually.
  7. Rorce Augur

If you petition it, CS can remove the pending bugged rewards from your queue.
  8. Ksenija Elder

You assume CS responds this quickly.
  9. Rorce Augur

I uh, never said anything about the turn around time in getting it resolved.

It's not like it's a pressing issue. I've had a bugged quest reward claim for about 3-4 years now. It doesn't bother me, so I don't bother petitioning it.