Can't cancel sub due to system errors!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by potorium, Aug 16, 2018.

1. potorium New Member

with the ongoing login issues since i restarted eq a few weeks back and the random rollbacks I've had since the patch (which others tell me they've had for a while before the patch) I decided i'd cancel my sub and maybe try ftp till issues are fixed.....

HOW ?? your account management login does not work, and your verify email link before you can contact support just throws up an error!!!

If you take money from my account, without giving me a reasonable option and the ability to cancel my subscription, its going to end up with one very angry customer who wont take a double exp potion as a 'make do'

reply expected please from daybreak
  2. nahilu New Member

Create a ticket.

also , I would try with another WEB browser try chrome , firefox , and internet explorer
    Alternatively , try with another IP adress , connect to a VPN or something
  3. Tiggold Augur

If every software company was to test their software against all imaginable problems before release you would never see new software. Never. Like, ever. Hotfixes, patches, fixes - w/e:you're paying for that service as part of your sub. They are doing their job. Cancelling your sub yesterday, today or tomorrow won't do anything you expect it to. Your sub won't run out until the time has expired so you not being able to cancel immediately is a personal thing imo. If it was that important to you that you take a stand ask your CC company for a charge back and then you won't be able to play EQ. Problem solved.
    So Happy likes this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Seem to be some account database issues going on I would try again in a bit.
  5. potorium New Member

nahilu, tried all that - and to create a ticket you need to verify your email which you can't because their system is bust..

tiggold, my resub is due in the next day or so, and therefore yes it's a personal thing that will do what i expect it to and one that needs done asap - ie not wanting to pay for something that doesn't work well enough for me to justify paying for it. The fact their entire account management system is bust has nothing to do with everquest's patch but assuming their patch touched its code base then surely that's one 'imaginable problem' that should have been tested?
    Tiggold likes this.
  6. Tiggold Augur

I understand being frustrated about this. I understand being so frustrated you're at the point you're at now, lashing out because you want someone, anyone, to hear and empathize. Well, I do. It's just that I don't believe you could see where the post you made wasn't going to do anything positive or anything to change what was happening. You've had a few days to calm yourself now and I'm sure you can look back and say that you probably could have kept that post to your inner self, right? I've had plenty of those moment so I can understand that if you fall into that category.

Anyways, you're right. You should get what you pay for and it should work as intended and all that. That doesn't happen very often though. It's crazy the things we let slide everyday as just being part of the normal routine even when we know it shouldn't be that way. To end I say this: I hope you're logged back in like I am and are enjoying the game again and I hope you don't quit playing even if you suspend your sub. Even though we have enough of "what I'm mad about concerning EQ today" posts, it's still comforting that there are people out there who have held onto this game as long as they have and care about it.
  7. So Happy Augur

You could come play on test. Then if things don't work correctly you can say "well, I got what I paid for" and press on.