Can't buy RoF with Station Cash

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Leerah, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Crystilla Augur

So you're saying you paid more in the past and got more content? We're in agreement there. Would like to see which 6 month expansion gave more content than a year long expansion we've had recently.
  2. Cakvala Augur

This really doesnt affect me in anyway, I will be going to walmart today hopefully to get a SC card.
  3. EverChanter Augur

If you think about it, Omens came out 6 months after Gates and there was twice as much content in that as the last few expansions...so basically you're paying twice as much for half the product.

Was it apparent that SoE would do this? Yes. Was it right from a business aspect? Maybe. Was it right to screw the customers who used it? No, nor is it right to continue to offer deals on station cash which continue to devalue it. At some point, public relations has to be accountable for the company in which they represent. Making a claim, than changing it 2 months later without honoring their previous statement is bad and boarder line against the PRSA (if SoE is even a member) code of ethics.

Honestly, if I was a player affected by this, I would never trust nor purchase another product from SoE, I haven't and I didn't buy into it.
  4. Raymond Lorekeeper

Whine whine whine. Y'all going to buy it for multiple accounts anyway.
  5. Ronak Augur

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not buying it for my 2 alt accounts. A couple of my friends who also box are only buying it for their main accounts as well. We'd all buy it for our alt accounts too if it was still available with SC. I think more than a few are in that same boat.
  6. Tarrin Augur

You would buy it for 3 accounts, if you got it for 1/3rd the price each..
  7. EverChanter Augur

I already didn't buy VoA for 2 accounts that usually got it with the main account. Depending on how they work the FtP model, they should get it for free when RoF launches, if they plan to open the last one when the new one goes live
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm not buying it on my alt account but that has more to do with pro sat 7 deal than this.

I guess I can see why they have done this. And as someone quoted earlier Pie did say they had no plans to change things "at this time". Its the "at this time", which always makes my ears pr!ck up that it could be sometime in the future.

Edited *due to stupid bad word filter, yes I by passed it, you find me another word to go in that sentence, 'cause I'm too tired!*
  9. Leerah Augur

This would be easy to fix my complaint by simply offering a token for the expansion to anyone who had 12 continuous months subscription. Station junk isn't enough reason to have stuck with recurring membership. Having my expansion costs covered, is.
  10. Hatsee Augur

This happened because the last triple was around when EQ went FTP and subscriptions were put in the marketplace. Prior to that no one cared to stockpile more than enough for perhaps an expansion and some random junk, but now they could grab what would literally be hundreds of dollars worth of subscriptions for almost nothing.

It was poorly thought out and highly abused, they should have just had caps on how much you could buy per account at the discounted rate.
    Leerah likes this.
  11. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

Your missing the key part of what he said. You can still buy a subscription through the in game marketplace... just not for SC. You will likely be able to, while in game, click a button to preorder and it will charge your card.
  12. Pizacatto - CT Augur

Most people want to purchase the Expansion via SC so they can take advantage of the Double Cash weekends and buy the expansion at half price. When Sony discontinued this because they were hit hard in the wallet, those that wanted to continue to do this got upset.

They'll sputter all sorts of reasons, but the truth is, they want a deal, and half price is an awesome deal. Unfortunately, this doesn't help EverQuest. When players do this, the bean counters only see that the expansion didn't bring in enough money. Using the 2 for 1 SC to purchase expansions is a danger to the longevity of EQ. Just buy it full price and deal with it.
  13. CyrennFV New Member

I guess I look at the double sc thing a bit different. I have a 3rd account with a wizard on it. I made it intending to have it be ftp the whole way. I've geared for ftp, aa'd for it, etc. But when the discounted memberships and expansions came about, I spent money I had no intention of spending before. I bought an expansion and a year subscription at the discounted rate. But that was money they'd never have gotten before, and got it up front. With the removal of discounted memberships, that account will once again be ftp, and very likely I'll just go back to two accounts.

They really didn't lose money on my other two accounts either. I'm not playing EQ continuously, and if I'm on a recurring sub, I usually cancel when I'm not going to be playing a month or two. With the lower rate, they got paid for the whole year. Overall, they came out with as much or more money then I would have spent under the old rules, and more money than I'll spend going forward.
  14. Ronak Augur

SoE made money hand over fist on the double and triple station cash deals. There is no need to try and portray them as a victim, and the players as criminals here. That's simply not the case. Smed himself said so when this all went down.
    So, less people will get the expansion now. They will get bored, and let their accounts lapse. SoE will lose revenue. The bean counters will put expansion and subs for sale for SC again as a result. You can take that to the bank.
  15. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

I don't know. I read the title of the thread and thought, "and, water is wet."
    Pirlo and Tarrin like this.
  16. Pizacatto - CT Augur

I never claimed them to be the victim. i was outraged when they backtracked on the whole SC to buy subs and expansions. I took them to task on it. A friend in economics explained it a lot better than I did.
  17. Kreacher Augur

It would be interesting to see their case.

From a consumer perspective, you have brought the SC with the intention of purchasing the new expansion. At the time of your purchase and previous to it the old (and prior to UF the "new") expansion was available to purchase through SC. It's reasonable to assume that this would continue with the next expansion.
    You have not purchased anything else. So this shows your intent with the purchase of SC.
    I think that there is a reasonable expectation that you have purchased an item (SC) with the intent of using it. The use of that item is no longer there in the capacity that you were expecting. You should be refunded your money.
    I don't know the consumer protection laws in the US, but I'd be pretty surprised if this wasn't in breach of it.
  18. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Gonna repeat my suggestion.

if RoF is $40 make it available for 8000 SC.

Those who stockpiled SC did so on double/triple days, and nowhere is it guarenteed that 100 SC = $1 in services.
    BlankStare_001 likes this.
  19. Fenthen aka Rath

Hey, $15 gave me 4,000 SC from Walmart, no complaints. =p
  20. Endiment Scale Tailed

And that same $15 got me 6000 SC during triple bonus time. And this is the entire crux of the problem with selling membership time and expansions for SC. They can't set the SC at any value where they'd get an equivalent USD value out of it from everyone.