Can't buy Feign Death on Progression Server

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by jim01q, Jan 28, 2016.

1. jim01q New Member

I'm an Iksar so it is not sold in Cabalis.

So I made an alt to buy it in Freeport but how do I get the money to my alt.

I can't get to a bank on my main as I am in commonlands. I thought I could get to a bank using the "Return Home" button on the login screen but it is greyed out. I can't bank in Neriak cos the gaurds outside want to kill me so presumably alot of NPCs inside will aswell.

And even if I can get to a bank, if I deposit cash, is it shared across all characters.

:-(
  2. Burstaf New Member

Cash can be shared across characters, just have to put the plat in the shared plat slot (below shared bags).

As for banking Iksar start out KOS to old world, but at least used to be. So easiest would be to have a 2nd account or friend hold the plat for you.

In the old days (circa 2000) i've even used the drop the plat to ground in a quiet place and camp out/camp in a character which was precamped there, you had 3 minutes before the plat dissappeared. Was risky but I never lost the plat.

If friend/2nd are no go, then there is a supposed trick to bank from north freeport banker using 3rd person view.

Final option raise NFP faction that can be raised relatively easily.

Final final option grab a boat back to Kunark to bank :)
  3. Gumby Augur

Two options. Use the Origin AA and go back to Cabilis to put the Plat into the shared bank slot. Then log on the other character and take it out to buy the spell. Put the spell into the shared bank slot and log the Iksar back on and get it.

The other option is to use the Parcels guy in Commonlands to simply mail yourself the Plat. Log on the other character and get the Plat from the Parcel guy. Then do the same thing with the spell.

If you don't want to origin back to Cabilis and wish to stay in the Commonlands, then the Parcels option would be your best option.
  4. Tenaka Lorekeeper

You don't need to buy the disc anymore. When you hit level 17 it will be granted to you automatically. From there you can spend platinum to buy training points from any monk trainer in Cabilis.
  5. Brudal Augur

What if they are a necromancer or shadow knight?
  6. jim01q New Member

Lol. In the end it was easy.

There is no "origin" ability as it is a progression but the "Return Home" button on the login screen ungreyed out after a while. So I got back to Cabilis in a click.

Then I hadn't noticed the shared plat slot at the bank that Gumby mentioned above, so I just stuck some in there.

Thanks a lot.
  7. Tenaka Lorekeeper

That's the monk in me, he didn't specify what class so of course I assume it's a monk'=)
  8. Nolrog Augur

Go to the parcel vendor in the Commonlands tunnel and parcel yourself the platinum.

Another option is take your alt out and kill stuff, loot it to sell and let him earn the money himself. I try to keep each toon somewhat self sufficient and, for the most part, make them go out and earn their own money and gear.
  9. Gladare Augur

Spell: Feign Death
    Cabilis East
    Squire Gristle @ 1000, -105, 47, 2nd Floor in SK guild

Spell: Convoke Shadow
    Spell: Dark Empathy
    Spell: Deadeye
    Spell: Endure Disease
    Spell: Engulfing Darkness
    Spell: Feign Death
    Spell: Gather Shadows
    Spell: Heat Blood
    Spell: Lifedraw
    Spell: Restless Bones
    Spell: Spook the Dead
    Spell: Vampiric Embrace
    Spell: Ward Undead
    Spell: Wave of Enfeeblement
  10. Darkening Lorekeeper

There is certainly origin, under general AA, scroll down, you got it at level 5
  11. Anhari Augur

Origin will take you home to your Guildmaster (The one you turned in your newbie note to). Usable once every 18 minutes (3 ticks?).