Cannot use certain clickies, weird UI bugs

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Necromonious, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Necromonious Augur

Ever since I started playing again (1 week ago), my game has been randomly buggy. Often, it won't let me use certain clickies, like my chest-slot click or mod rods. It says "cannot be used now" even though the item has never been used and would be off cooldown

If I log out and back in it will let me use the item once, but it will never show as on cooldown. Then it wont let me use it again until I log out. If I use a spell, it will sometimes show as on cooldown forever (be greyed out forever). I *will be able to use it again however, once the cooldown is up - I just am not able to see the spell cool down. Another example is sometimes when I try to revive or switch a merc it will grey out and give me a 12hr wait. What the hell is going on with my game

I have not changed my UI one bit, yet now I am riddled with bugs
  2. Gialana Augur

Sometimes similar things happen when the system time on my computer gets messed up.
  3. Naugrin Augur

Yup check your pc clock. It's often the culprit in situations like this.
  4. Necromonious Augur

I JUST CHANGED MY PC CLOCK LAST WEEK, YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT! How do I fix it back?

edit: the reason is, I had installed some new RAM and wanted to clear the CMOS and wipe the motherboard memory, which reset the clock. I manually set it (in BIOS) to my kitchen clock's setting, but now EQ is messed up apparently
  5. Fenudir Augur

Windows XP and later have a time sync feature. It's supposed to be automatic. You can check it by clicking on the time in your taskbar. Details on exactly how to set it vary by Windows version but it's pretty straight forward.
  6. TibalMurphy Elder

It's worse when vet rewards like Expediant Recovery have a lock out of like 400 hours and it makes you rage punch the monitor only to find its your clock...that things the devil.