Cannot sell bag contents

Discussion in 'General Beta Discussion' started by Thunderkiks, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Thunderkiks Elder

Tried to sell bag contents and says 0 plat and sell button is grayed out. Can sell individual stuff from bag but not whole bag at once.
  2. klanderso Developer

What was in the bag? What bag was it? Did the merchant say anything about it?
  3. Thunderkiks Elder

I tried all my bags. I had diamonds, blue diamonds, lumber planks, writing inks. All vendor stuff I got from frontier mtns.

Here are a couple of lines from the log file.
    [Thu Oct 26 16:12:53 2017] Keliss Arden tells you, 'I'll give you absolutely nothing for the Trademaster's Component Bag.'
    [Thu Oct 26 16:12:57 2017] Keliss Arden tells you, 'I'll give you absolutely nothing for the Satchel of the Combine Hero.
    Then I sold the stuff by stack and that worked ok.

[Thu Oct 26 16:13:06 2017] Keliss Arden tells you, 'I'll give you 1 copper per Natural Spices'
    [Thu Oct 26 16:13:07 2017] You receive 2 copper from Keliss Arden for the Natural Spices(s).

[Thu Oct 26 16:12:49 2017] Keliss Arden tells you, 'I'll give you 238 platinum 9 silver 5 copper per Blue Diamond'
    [Thu Oct 26 16:12:50 2017] You receive 2142 platinum 8 gold 5 silver 5 copper from Keliss Arden for the Blue Diamond(s).
  4. Thunderkiks Elder

Since you asked I decided to try to sell from a bag that could be sold. I bought a deluxe toolbox and was able to sell the contents just fine although the amount of platinum that the window told me I would get was wrong. Said bag contents I would get 5 plat, I had 5 diamonds in there and they actually sold for 952 plat like they should have.

Here is log from that
    [Thu Oct 26 17:06:53 2017] Angler Winifred tells you, 'I'll give you 1 platinum for the Deluxe Toolbox.'
    [Thu Oct 26 17:06:57 2017] You receive 952 platinum 3 gold 8 silver from Angler Winifred for the contents of your bag.
  5. klanderso Developer

Thanks much! It should be fixed after tonight's build.
    moogs, Maedhros and Thunderkiks like this.
  6. Thunderkiks Elder

Ok so, not fixed hehe. Now when trying to sell contents from those same bags I mentioned previously (trademaster's component bag, satchel of the combine hero, ect) my client immediately crashes. It's a guaranteed crash when clicking on any of my bags that don't actually sell themselves.

The deluxe toolbox still sells fine and wont crash the client
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. klanderso Developer

Nooo! I'm trying to see if I can get that same crash and I'm not seeing it. Which merchant are you trying to sell the contents of your bag to?
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  8. Thunderkiks Elder

Tried Old Man Thorren and also went to the fishing merchant Angler Winifred.

I would post log files but I literally click on the bag icon in inventory and immediately LD with any bag that has no sell value ( like satchel of the combine hero).
  9. Thunderkiks Elder

Further testing it has to be something on my end. Just not sure what. If I try on an alt on their computer they dont crash. They still cannot sell the bag contents but dont crash. The merchant will tell them what they will give them for each item but when clicking the bag still says 0 and sell is grayed out. If I load any toon on my main computer and click the bag to sell I go LD. So Im going to try and delete files to see what one is causing my LD problem
  10. Thunderkiks Elder

Here is log from alt acct and computer. Wont LD but still cannot sell bag contents
    [Fri Oct 27 13:38:22 2017] Logging to 'eqlog.txt' is now *ON*.
    [Fri Oct 27 13:38:25 2017] Keefe Stearns tells you, 'I'll give you absolutely nothing for the ‹H ÿÑéð.'
    [Fri Oct 27 13:38:25 2017] Keefe Stearns tells you, 'I'll give you 4 copper for the ‹H ÿÑéð.'
    [Fri Oct 27 13:38:25 2017] Keefe Stearns tells you, 'I'll give you 190 platinum 4 gold 7 silver 6 copper for the ‹H ÿÑéð.'
    [Fri Oct 27 13:38:25 2017] Keefe Stearns tells you, 'I'll give you 9 silver 5 copper for the ‹H ÿÑéð.'
    [Fri Oct 27 13:38:25 2017] Keefe Stearns tells you, 'I'll give you 1 platinum 4 gold 2 silver 9 copper for the ‹H ÿÑéð.'
    [Fri Oct 27 13:38:25 2017] Keefe Stearns tells you, 'I'll give you 9 platinum 5 gold 2 silver 4 copper for the ‹H ÿÑéð.'
    [Fri Oct 27 13:38:25 2017] Keefe Stearns tells you, 'I'll give you 4 gold 7 silver 6 copper for the ‹H ÿÑéð.'
  11. klanderso Developer

Thanks for the added info. I've got a fix in the works, should be in the next update.
  12. Thunderkiks Elder

Okay. I uninstalled and reinstalled beta completely. Now I don't crash like I did previously I can still crash it's just intermittent now. Hopefully your fix will make it more stable. Seams if I try to switch bags faster I can get it to crash but now reliably. I know it's hard to find something thats an intermittent problem.
  13. klanderso Developer

Actually, that confirms that it is what I thought it was, so crashing in the merchant window should happen much less after the next update :)
  14. Kerrmutt New Member

This is happening to me as well, including after latest patch.
  15. Elyssanda Elder

still have bags worth of unsellable items if I try to sell full bag at a time, but if I open bag, I can individually sell anything and everything in the bag
  16. Glooping Elder

Selling bag contents are still screwy...

The underlying text is what happens when I clicked on a container to sell. If I click each item individually it works without an issue.

[Thu Nov 02 12:05:19 2017] Keliss Arden tells you, 'I'll give you 4 platinum 7 gold 6 silver 2 copper for the ÿÿÿ‹…Pÿÿÿ‰…$ÿÿÿ‹A4‰…,ÿÿÿ…ƒ°.'
    [Thu Nov 02 12:05:19 2017] Keliss Arden tells you, 'I'll give you absolutely nothing for the ÿÿÿ‹…Pÿÿÿ‰…$ÿÿÿ‹A4‰…,ÿÿÿ…ƒ°.'
    [Thu Nov 02 12:05:19 2017] Keliss Arden tells you, 'I'll give you absolutely nothing for the ÿÿÿ‹…Pÿÿÿ‰…$ÿÿÿ‹A4‰…,ÿÿÿ…ƒ°.'
  17. klanderso Developer

Literally just fixed this one a few minutes ago. Leftover data is bad and should feel bad :mad:
    Sumonerr_Tunare and Thunderkiks like this.