Cannot Log In - An unknown error occurred while trying to join the server

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Harmare, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Harmare New Member

"An unknown error occurred while trying to join the server."

This message pops up after I'm in eqgame.exe and click my server, Cazic Thule and press "Play Everquest". Any idea of why this is happening and is it patch related? Anyone else having this issue?
  2. Reccoo New Member

I was getting the same message. I tried different servers and noticed that Tunare and AB also had the same problem until a minute ago. Are we on the same device? I wonder how much it would cost to buy a new device/system/whatever to not have to deal with all this downtime/problems that we always have.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Hopefully some dumb dumbie head isn't ddos attacking EQ because they couldn't play today.

I just logged on to set up my trader and the lag was pretty bad, so I'm not too surprised the game may have gone down :(
  4. SnappyTune102 New Member

I was getting this previous to this patch, the support guy had me reinstall my video drivers. After the patch yesterday it started again, this time video re-install (clean) is not working. I MUST run the Everquest_Setup, and let it run Dx9 to let me past the exact point you suggest. I have a Radeon R2 900 on Windows 10. I have also reinstalled Dx9 from scratch but that does not fix the problem.
  5. SnappyTune102 New Member

Any help on this? Last time reinstalling the drivers worked this time it is not.