Canceling my accounts

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Adumbral, Dec 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thawg Elder

I think he's trying to compare a 16year old apple to a 10 year old orange.
  2. Bobbydomino Elder

Why is it none of the negative Nancys want to tell us what level they got to before quitting?

Because everyone I've talked to who got past the 1-10 hell levels have said they were leveling fine.

Totally agree the first levels sucked, which is why I turned in a lot of crushbone belts. After 10 though it's been fine.
  3. Ishkur Elder

Look, I don't want to say posting on these forums is more fun than killing hundreds of the same anemic mobs using 1-2 abilities max... but honestly it's pretty damn close.

Face it, for those of us who have done it dozens of times before, the grind is simply not that enjoyable. You try to make it more fun by grouping with friends (or trying to make new friends) and visiting a variety of zones, but in the end you're only putting up with it so you can eventually get that carrot at the end of the stick.

Eh, it's not really true that they ignore the leveling aspect of the game. For all of WoW's faults, they've actually made leveling a pretty enjoyable experience. The pacing is really solid, the grind is limited, and the zones are well designed. Most character abilities are fun to use and synergize well with each other. If individual mobs were more difficult and grouping was actually encouraged, it would be nearly perfect.

On the other hand...

That's certainly true for Classic - PoP, but nothing in WoW comes close to GoD, Underfoot, or even things like Anguish and Demiplane.
    Finwen likes this.
  4. Bobbydomino Elder

Totally understandable. But that's been my point all along.. you're tired of the same old classic / Kunark content, and unless you had +1000% exp you would still be bored with that content.
  5. Elkay Augur

Raid difficulty in EQ is a JOKE compaired to WoW. It truly is an exponential difference. If you haven't raided WoW recently then you can't speak to that.
  6. Tulgin Augur

EQ at 1 and LFR at 2 'could' be the beginning of an exponential increase, but we have no more sample data because EQ only has 1 tier. Mocking him for the use of exponential seems a tad petty.
  7. Tulgin Augur

Another curious point, people mock quitters and say they want instant level 50.....

What if you could instant level 50 for 0 station cash? What % of players do you think would do that?

I'm actually going to say 100% of people would instant level 50.
  8. Bobbydomino Elder

Elkay stop dodging the question and just tell us what level you are on Phinnigel.
  9. Elkay Augur

It't the fact that leveling is boring as ****. It's just a gateway with a roadblock to the real game, raiding. If it's going to take the vast majority or all of the 84 days to get to raid level, not even including trying to gear up or those that may like to tradeskill (I don't), then there is virtually no raiding in current era, which is what I came here for. Playing 15 hours a week (3 hrs x 5 days a week), the average player should have been able to reach cap by mid expansion, then enjoy raiding the second half. They advertised this server as instanced raid, come KILL DRAGONS, not COME KILL 10,000 FROGS.
  10. Thawg Elder

I absolutely would. They can throw in a new car as well. How bout a new house? Boat?

Isnt gonna happen is it?
  11. Thawg Elder

If raiding in EQ is such a joke why the rush to get to it?
  12. Tulgin Augur

Who said it's going to happen?

The question is for gauging people's real thoughts on grinding to 50. Oh yeah everyone says the love the grind, grouping with friends blah blah. But 100% of people would instant 50 in a heart beat. Actions speak louder than words.
  13. Bobbydomino Elder

You're joking right? You'd insta level to 50 so you can kill Vox and Nagafen once a week for 3 months??
  14. Elkay Augur

I wasn't dodging it. I got to level 6 the first day and haven't played since. I only got to 6 because of massive CB belt turn in and I was in a pretty optimal group. The writing was already on the wall for what the XP was going to be like to get to 50. Your average player playing 15 or so hours a week won't see cap until almost the end of the 84 days. It's simple math.

I'm not trying to argue with anyone. I'm just stating that this isn't what was advertised and this is of no interest to me in it's current state. If it's fine for you then good for you. I'll just end up playing a different game, but I'd rather them fix what I considered a real blunder with the XP nerf.
  15. Aurmoon Augur

I agree -- it's petty. I somewhat hate myself for doing it. For the purposes of completeness and not an attack: My point is simply that exponential, in this case, is referring to the rate at which difficulty increases, not the difference in difficulty itself. It would be fair to say that the difference in difficulty is large or extreme, but not that it is exponential.

P.S. the line about "you keep using that word, but i don't think it means what you think it does" is a quote from The Princess Bride!
    FurySoul likes this.
  16. Elkay Augur

Instant, probably not. The timeline I was expecting was to cap in the 4-6 week timeframe and have at least half of each expansion be dedicated to raiding. If the full expansion is spent leveling, that defeats the purpose (for me) of even playing here. I was never even anti-boxer. I was anti-roosterblocking raiding from others.
  17. xakanrn Augur

making it sound like a bad thing.that is why EQ series got soundily beaten in 2004 and the current state of the once top mmorpg makers back then.
    most people do not have time for a second job ingame .people want fun.
  18. Bobbydomino Elder

My expectation is exactly the same as yours dude. 1, 1 1/2 month leveling then some raids.

You stopped at level 6 which as I said multiple times I agree it felt like hell levels. It got tremendously better at level 8-10+ in groups. You literally stopped at the worst time which is exactly what I suspected.
  19. Thawg Elder

Makes sense. Soundly beatin by the gen Y pay me first and then I'll work hard peoples.
    Tweelis likes this.
  20. Sway-SA New Member

LOL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.