Canceling my accounts

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Adumbral, Dec 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbydomino Elder

The cat is out of the bag. No matter what the speed was, you'd want it faster. Heck you'd prefer starting at 50 so you could start raiding today.

Nothing wrong with that, but your expectations were flawed.

What level did you get to on Phinigel before quitting?
    Works likes this.
  2. Riptide666 Elder

People came here to get away from Mage trains, bot armies, and to be able to do instanced raids and not be subjected to the will of mega guilds and real life scheduling limitations. DBG cost themselves hundreds of resubs at the end of the month because of the slower exp.

Heck, if they had just stuck with a 3 month sever and instances for either rf or LJ! they. Could have gotten hundreds of resubs that way too.
  3. Bobbydomino Elder

What level did you get to before you quit?

It's amazing, I keep asking this to the complainers and none want to respond.

In the time you've spent posting and whining this morning, you could have gotten a level in a group, no worries.
    Gskiel likes this.
  4. Aurmoon Augur

People didn't even know there were going to be instanced raids until a couple weeks before the launch. The server was originally advertised as a "no box / bot" server months ago. But that's not the flaw in your argument -- just because that was a feature advertised does NOT mean it is the reason that people came. I could literally go to the FAQ and pick out any advertised feature and claim that that specific item drew people to the server. Some people are here because of the short and predictable unlocks that aren't tied to raid mob kills. Some like the concept of a limited box / no bot server. Some just like the feeling of a fresh start and want to race for open world content. Some are here because their friends/guildmates are here and they want to play alongside them. Some want to be on a predictable raid cycle. And yes, some are here for instanced content.

So stop telling everyone that YOUR reason is the reason why everyone is here.
  5. Lateryn Augur

What a troll. Not shocking the forum warrior Elkay is liking it.

"Only hardcore can raid".. Odd I didn't realize the locked out raids or made them require x play hours.

You can raid just fine, you just wont be in 1-2 weeks. But I don't think you care, most likely just a troll post.

These last few days show casuals are just as whiny as everybody else. First its about open world bosses, now its about exp. Give it a couple months and I'm pretty sure there will be threads about bosses being too hard, make them easier.

Lol@ Tulgan. Mister "I'm outer of here and done with this" x2 and still posting.
  6. code-zero Augur

I'm not going to argue about the rest of the post, I'm not sure that you understand the meaning of that word though. If in fact WoW raids were indeed exponentially harder and you were used to that then the XP penalties for Phinigel wouldn't even phase you
  7. Aurmoon Augur

All of these things are available to you if you're willing to put in the time and effort. Daybreak has developed instances and created an environment that leaves you beholden to nobody but yourself. They've eliminated the mage armies, stopped the bots, and given you your own private raids that megaguilds cannot interfere with. To get there will require a level of time investment that Daybreak has decided is appropriate. It may not be perfect based on what YOU feel is the right amount of time to spend leveling. There are a thousand people on the server each with their own idea of what a "perfect server" would look like. You can either join the group that is enjoying a server that satisfies most of their needs or join the group that is unhappy and "quitting" because santa delivered a pony and you wanted a unicorn.
    FurySoul likes this.
  8. Tulgin Augur

False, everyone know about instanced raids months ago when the server was first announced. Everyone is here for instanced raids, end of.
  9. Kroak Journeyman

It's unfortunate to see the response to people being upset is so often "mock them!"; there is validity to their concerns, even if not everyone agrees with their beliefs as to what is a fun rate of EXP in EQ.

Customers were not informed of the alteration before the server was released, so most/all users anticipated similar rates to that from the servers that were previously established for TLP- RF/LJ.

A subset of users would not have purchased time and reactivate their account had they known it was 1/2 the EXP rate. Other customers would not have liquidated their RF/LJ equipment in anticipation of starting anew on Phinny if they had known in advance. Users who are currently complaining, have quit, or soon may, would have had time to weigh the benefits against the drawbacks, as they saw them, of Phinny relative to the previous servers, and have been content after making their informed decisions on which way they wanted to go.

Those of you who are making sarcastic remarks about how the people who are upset are in some way inferior to you, or are damaged as people in some way, are missing the point. DBG messed up in a way that could have cost them their time, money, and enjoyment. You still enjoy Phinny? That's great, I'm happy for you, enjoy your time, but you don't need to ridicule those who you hold different views from.
    Ladysoth, Finwen and Elkay like this.
  10. Laronk Augur

In "classic" everquest the game does not start at max level. Even raids don't start at max level, in the old open naggy / vox raids I saw people as low as 36, you can raid the planes at 46 and as you can see on release everything in Kunark is killable at level 50.

There are things to do in the inbetween levels, this isn't wow where you log in, press dungeon finder and get a group with players you'll never see again. Make friends FFS.

I remember grinding for hours in the mid levels sometimes to get just one level, I made a friend in crystal caverns (velious) before luclin launched that I still sometimes play with today (then we were on torvonillious now we're on FV) I still have friends from the mayong server and from the fippy server. I don't enjoy this game because I sat staring at a wall trying to keep someone else's red bar from reaching 0 I enjoy this game because of all the cool people I meet in game.

Unless you're enjoying these servers because of a) Friends that you have or you're going to make or b) the competition factor (most of these people are playing with friends they're making) Progression server's likely are not the right servers for you because really you've done this before.
  11. Aurmoon Augur

The difficulty difference is EXPONENTIAL. This does make me crack up a bit.
    FurySoul and Elkay like this.
  12. Riptide666 Elder

This guy gets it.
    Elkay likes this.
  13. Lateryn Augur

The only people that get mocked are the forum warriors and/or the ones who use constant hyperbole or out right lies.
    Sway-SA and Gskiel like this.
  14. Aurmoon Augur

This is the most intelligent post in this thread. The issue people have should not be with the gameplay but with the communication. With this I can definitely agree.
  15. Reht The Dude abides...

Communication from SOE and now DBG has always sucked, i don't know why anyone would expect anything different this time around.............
  16. Tulgin Augur

Raid DIfficulty:
    EQ = 1
    WoW LFR = 2
    WoW Normal = 4
    WoW Heroic = 8
    WoW Mythihc = 16

Seems Exponential to me.
    Elkay likes this.
  17. Zehn Lorekeeper

Ok, see ya later then. Bye.
  18. Zehn Lorekeeper

LOL ... I can make up numbers as well.

EQ=99
    WoW LFR= 1169
    WoW Normal=2 Cheeseburgers
    WoW Heroic= 5 golden rings
    WoW Mythic= the partridge
    code-zero, Sway-SA and Works like this.
  19. Bobbydomino Elder

Totally agree with all of your points. It SHOULD have been announced. An obvious reprehensible ploy by DBG.

However, you have to admit with the simple fact that people who want to level fast, always want to level faster. Elkay the forum warrior basically said he'd prefer starting at 50 so he could raid.
  20. Aurmoon Augur

Seems that raiding difficulty in WoW is exponential across tiers. The difference between raiding difficulty in EQ and WoW is not exponential. Your point remains confusing ... are you trying to say that EQ should introduce raiding tiers that scale in difficulty exponentially?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.