Can you double up on damage augs on raid RNG bows?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Benito, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Newb ranger question.

Can you double up on damage or proc augments on raid ranger bows (slot 4 & slot 8)?
  2. Szilent Augur

yes
    Benito likes this.
  3. Irongron New Member

yeah, but there going to break root and flusters..except for Druids roots...
  4. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

This, if you care at all about that solo'ing, you may want to substitute in some DMG augs.
  5. Szilent Augur

last year some time, archery hits were made to start breaking roots, and procs not. There's no functional penalty now for using the better (proc) augs, since you have to be ready for roots breaking regardless
  6. Derka Power Ranger

Bandolier is a wonderful thing. 1 bow with proc augs for normal DPS situations when a tank is present, 1 headshotting bow that contains DMG augs.
    Goburs likes this.
  7. Vrexii New Member

Archery can definitely break root now, where it used to not, but I think proc DD still can break root. I remember they removed or adjusted the root break from Poison/Fire Arrows procs, but did that apply to all proc DD?
  8. Derka Power Ranger

I have to switch bows, take off chase loot piece with proc augs, click off proc buff and poison. Or else it's annoying.
  9. Vrexii New Member

Again, I am pretty sure Poison/Fire Arrows was altered to not break root. Normal Archery definitely can break root now, but direct damage proc augs do seem to break root. I did not take the time to switch out sympathetic proc augs, but swapping in a bow with/without procs shows a very noticeable difference if you hit Imbued Ferocity.
  10. Belexes ForumQuester

Bando FTW. Use you best bow for DPSing. Use another bow for Headshooting molo or solo. This way you got different setups for specific things. Set your bows up for specific tasks.