Can you do shawl 3.0 more than once?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by SpamFactory, May 29, 2013.

1. SpamFactory Augur

I have 3 underfoot shawls and only 1 character with max tradeskills. is it possible to redo all the 3.0 aug tasks over again a second and third time on a single character so that I can turn all three shawls into augs?

this is on FV obviously. I'm aware of the lore group tag too.
  2. Axxius Augur

The shawls don't share a lore group? If so, it has to be an oversight and needs to be corrected. I really doubt that 1 character is supposed to own more than 1 shawl, FV or not.
  3. SpamFactory Augur

you misunderstood. there is a lore group tag but my intention is to do an aug on character A, move the aug to character B, then do the aug again on character A using character B's shawl so that both characters have an aug.

I'm asking if the aug tasks can be repeated.
  4. Izcurly Augur

Fastest way to find out for sure is to try it. If you've done them once, you know how easy the 3.0 tasks are given the 2.0 and maxxed tradeskills.

FV is a special case...those of us on blue servers have no reason to try it. But let us know if it works, ok?
  5. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I would think you should be allowed to given the rule set that FV operates under. If you cannot then that an oversight that should be fixed.
  6. Riou EQResource

You should be able to do it yes, if you have the shawl 2.0 flag, you will just have to repeat the last group quest again (and of course say the phrase to re-get the shawl 2.0 for your Toon)
  7. Axxius Augur

Since all quests are gotten with the same keywords ([jobs] - [rumor about a relic]), it's the flags that determine which one you get. Meaning you cannot repeat any step but the final one (if that). If you completed 3.0 aug on the main, it will either give you the very last quest (the raid aug combine) or none. But you can't get the next-to-last one either way.
  8. Riou EQResource

You can request all but 1 of them with different key phrases, you can indeed re-request the group version over and over again (phrase = prayer shawl). You can also get a new shawl 2.0 if you say the proper phrase (it's lost or lose or something, don't say this if you already have the shawl or you will have an un-claimable task reward :p that eats your banked quest spots).
  9. Axxius Augur

Oh nice! Looks like he starts giving the list of these keywords in responce to [rumor about a relic] after you complete the whole line, i.e. after the raid version is complete. But until then, he automatically gives you the next quest in line. So somebody who completed the group version but not the raid one wouldn't know about them. IMO that needs to be changed.

Back to the OP's issue, it should work fine on FV then.
  10. Sebbina Augur

There is an Exploit being dealt with on FV regarding obtaining shawl 2.0 for repeated sales, I expect that the Aug is lore to each other, as I think if you don't like one pick you can exchange it for a different one
  11. Riou EQResource

If you have the shawl 2.0 flag you can get unlimited of them yes, just say the proper key phrase to Kerst and he will auto grant you a task reward window with your choice of shawl 2.0 items. You can then re-request group shawl 3.0 task and make that, you just have to farm the easy material each time (to complete shawl 3.0 task).
  12. Axxius Augur

They didn't think about FV when they made Kerst auto-grant you 2.0 when you 'lose' it, did they? :rolleyes:
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Honestly, I was rather surprised that they had that in there to begin with. I didn't think that shawl 2.0 was really old enough that many people would have deleted it at all yet.
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yup and duke augs sell for 3-5 million pp each in the baz someone is getting rich til they get banned lol.
  15. Izcurly Augur

Naw, not banworthy, since trading stuff is part of FV's features. I could see them changing the shawl items so they're unusable if you don't have the associated shawl flags, which would take care of it quite neatly.
  16. --Voodoo-- Augur

Off-topic, but is there any way to get the Shawl 1.0 back, short of re-doing the whole thing, if you deleted it 10-odd years ago?

I'm debating whether I want to get the 3.0 or not, so the several extra hours of tedium would weigh into that...
  17. Izcurly Augur

Petitioning should work. Of course, re-doing is only a few hours, if the spawns cooperate.
  18. Warpiggs Augur

I would petition and see if they can get it back to you. If they can't, like others have said it's real quick nowadays. I helped a friend of mine do his and it took us about 4 hours total.