Can we update dated paladin spells?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mel The Evil one, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Aziuno Augur

A) I was asking what the heck you were talking about regarding "Warriors also have way Superior DPS tank abilities"
    B) I never talked about nerfing warriors. Are you high?
    C) You are playing a Hybrid, don't expect to have everything a warrior has when you get REZ, HEALS, BUFFS, CURES, SUPERIOR Single target threat. Your penalty for having all of these benefits, is you are not the main raid tank typically, (unless it's a fearing mob), and you aren't as tanky with all the tank utility.

Learn to use what you got effectively.
  2. Aziuno Augur

If you don't understand the power of Flash of Light at level 2, you are Paladin'ing Wrong.

Flash of Light is HUUUUUUUUGEE Threat, just make sure you are in melee range of the mob when you cast it or it will run away. You are now 100x more effective than a warrior until they get berate etc... (Taunt fails too much)
  3. BrokedownPaladin New Member

I was going to go into detail on how Warriors are superior at tanking and DPS but that's getting off the subject and everyone knows that already. All I'm suggesting as far as the subject got this thread goes is a area-of-effect taunt like Warriors and Shadowknights get.

What I want to know is why are you getting so shitter shattered over paladins needing AOE taunt like the other tanks yet?
  4. Raltar Augur

Sks don't get AoE threat until OoW. An expansion you will never see because you play on a prison server. Why are you complaining about AoE threat when you actually have superior AoE threat with group heals and always will on your prison server.
    Rainlover likes this.
  5. BrokedownPaladin New Member

Yes go ahead and cast flash of light on 6 mobs on incoming and tell me how that works out
  6. BrokedownPaladin New Member

I play on Phinny. Agnarr is a meme server.
  7. Raltar Augur

As opposed to what shadow knights and warriors can do in the same situation? I guess a warrior can pop his 10 minute cooldown aoe taunt, I guess.
  8. BrokedownPaladin New Member

Way better than what paladin get. Ever.
  9. Meeseeks New Member

Paladins I play with all seem to AoE threat just fine if they want to
  10. BrokedownPaladin New Member

Stop lying. Paladin don't get aoe taunt.
  11. Meeseeks New Member

Paladins don't need aoe taunt. I might just be playing with Paladins that know their class though
    Reht likes this.
  12. BrokedownPaladin New Member

If paladins don't need AOE taunt than Warriors and Sks don't either.
  13. Aziuno Augur

What level are you? You said your on Phinny.
  14. BrokedownPaladin New Member

I'll tell you what I'll bet you a krono the paladins you play with can't get aggro on 100 mobs in under one second on incoming. Warriors and Shadowknights can.
  15. shiftie Augur

1 heal agro works okish if said person is damaged
    2 if the mob takes notice of your action per the mob intelligence
    3 can create 0 Agro innately

Arguing for or against it as a means of reliable aggro is comical all these years later.
  16. Teufelhunden New Member

Seems like as you progress over the years that Pallies would get some type of AoE Taunt. If you've never played one then you don't know the pain of having to tab, stun, tab stun, tab stun, lost aggro on first mob you stunned, there are 6 mobs total on the pull.
  17. Meaghan Stormfire Journeyman

I'd suggest that a spell that should never be used at any point of time, ever, is in need of a fix.
  18. Aziuno Augur

If your groups chain pulling 6 mobs, you don’t need to worry about mob #1 or 2 at this point as they should be dead.
    If not, pulling 6 is not optimal for your group makeup
  19. Machentoo Augur

SK's don't get aoe taunt. Stop saying they do. They get aoe aggro spells, but that's not the same as aoe taunt.

Wars ae taunt is about useless in your scenario of a hundred mob pull, unless someone (a pally using heals?) has managed to build some threat on all 100 mobs first. Ae taunt just puts you on top of the aggro list, if no one else has any aggro, congratulations you now have 1 threat and the next heal, or even bard song tick, will pull it off you.

It's also useable only once every 10 minutes, until aa's to reduce it, whereas you can generate threat on all mobs almost constantly with healing spells.

You can throw a tantrum all you want, but when you keep showing that you don't understand other class' mechanics, maybe the solution here is for you to learn a bit rather than insisting your class needs to be changed.
  20. BrokedownPaladin New Member

Oh wow you got me, sks DON'T GET AOE TAUNT THEY GET AOE AGGRO. Thanks you for clearing that up. When do paladins get aoe aggro?