Can we update dated paladin spells?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mel The Evil one, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Mel The Evil one Journeyman

Is there anyway devs may consider updating Divine Favor, Flame of Light, and Wave of Healing? These spells are pretty much useless.

Divine Favor - Absorbs 150 points of Damage 1.0 casting time @ 150 mana
    This spell only absorbs a full melee round of damage that would come from a level 30 and its a level 55 paladin spell and it has a 5 minute cool down. Could you consider making it rune for a bit more or maybe make it instant cast/self only?

Velious Spell: Flame of Light - 125 single target point of damage 2.5 casting time @ 85 mana
    By taking the time to cast this spell you're actually decreasing your dps. Could you consider making it similar to the ranger fast nuke or SK spear line with decent but not overpowered damage or altering it to be like the later game spells that deal damage and heal the targets target.

Velious Spell: Wave of Healing - Group Heal for 200 points of damage @ 503 mana
    This honestly just needs to be smoothed out compared to its upgrade in Luclin Healing Wave of Prexus.

Magician Decoy and rage of Zomm were updated to be swarm pets. SK's have even more damage with the dot increase. Healers got heals smoothed out and received new heal spells. Pallys could use some love there is like 10 of us on Agnarr.
  2. Rhodz Augur

Spells like these exist so the player feels as if he/she/zhe/it is doing something yet in reality having little to no effect.. like a SJW for example.
  3. Raltar Augur

Necro/SK dot revamp has not been done and it is looking like it will never be done. Paladins are fine.
  4. Mineth New Member

Of the spells or even mechanics a paladin could complain about, I wouldn't expect these to make the list at all. Flame of Light is trash, always has been and always will be. Divine Favor is the same boat. Neither of these spells should be used at any point in time pretty much ever. As for your group heals, they get better. If I was going to complain about a Paladin mechanic, it would be the ridiculous global recast timer they have after casting certain heals despite the already lengthened recast on the spell that triggered the GCD.
  5. Voss Elder

How about the garbage ae aggro and how much harder it is to hold aggro compared to sk
  6. Raltar Augur

If you are fighting another tank for agro, you are doing it wrong. Plus, paladins have way more utility and stack much better than shadow knights do. You really only need 1 or 2 SKs for tanking, but you can have a bunch of paladins for group healing and cures.
  7. BrokedownPaladin New Member

If Paladin's just wanted to heal and cure they should have made clerics.

Scrap Divine favor and replace it with the bulwark of Vie line.
    Scrap flame of light and replace it with the Smite line of spells.
    Why does the Yaulp line of spells stop at 4 for paladins?
    Same thing for pacify. Pacify level 49 next one level 86. Lol eqt?
    No area of effect aggro?
  8. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

You have AoE aggro, its called group healing spells.
    Seeing you make suggestions for changes to class, then having you admit you do not know how to gain AE threat, doesn't look good. You get a group heal in Velious, and then an even better one in Luclin. Calm down and wait for your dying server to get there please.
  9. BrokedownPaladin New Member

Aggro from group heals doesn't work unless someone needs to be healed. And even then it still crappy aggro. Learn to play.
  10. Aziuno Augur

I have no first hand pally experience... but.....

Wouldn't someone having aggro mean they get hit and take damage?
    Wouldn't your heal then top them back off, and give you healing threat?
    Then let's say you do that, and they are now healed and you have threat... Wouldn't you hold threat on that add unless they now start to beat up on the add instead of the focus'ed target that you have stunned (super threat)?

The only situation where I don't see this being effective is if the DPS is on the wrong target and not changing, in which case.... isn't an issue with the paladin spells...

But.. Again.. I am not a pally, so I don't know.
  11. BrokedownPaladin New Member

In a raid setting if your DPS or casters get hit by a group of mobs they're dead.
    If no one in your group takes damage then group heals are useless because you only get threat when you actually heal somebody for something.
    If mobs are hitting people in another group you can't heal them so no aggro.

What's needed to keep up with war and sk aggro are aoe stuns.
  12. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Sure. That is exactly whats needed. While we are at it, why don't you tell me about Warrior AE threat. Also, tell me what sad sad player you are that you think a pally needs to "keep up" with warrior aggro. Most Warriors in Classic and Kunark WISH they had Paladin level aggro, lulz.
  13. Aziuno Augur

Are you saying that you are upset with Paladin threat in raids, and you want to be able to do AE threat in raids?

Again... my current main is rogue, and my old main on live was Cleric... so... I don't paladin..

But in raid scenes, usually you have more than one knight to pick up adds, and they just slam a stun on one, and then blind another if needed, or additional stuns...

I still don't see the issue... Classic content is tuned for classic spells, as you go further in expansions the QoL improvements via spells come slowly to play... Example.. Bards and Fading memories in PoP.
  14. BrokedownPaladin New Member

Warriors get their provoke line of spells at level 20 in Kunark. Paladins get stun at level 28. Warriors also have way Superior DPS tank abilities. Warriors also get aoe aggro taunts and attacks.
  15. BrokedownPaladin New Member

Yes. Warriors and Shadow Knights have it so.....
  16. Aziuno Augur

17. Aziuno Augur

What is a 'Superior DPS Tank Ability'? Furious? (mainly a disc used to stay alive while hard hitting bosses are debuffed)

It sounds like the issue is you may need assistance on how to be a bit more efficient at your class, I would hit up your server wide paladin channel for advice or to answer your questions.

Calling for spells to be changed for everyone else or 'class balancing' for 1 or 2 expansions of .. 19?20? is a waste of developers time. Every Era is going to have the flavor of the month of each role, just choose the class you like in the end, learn how to adapt during the era's where you are not the flavor.
  18. BrokedownPaladin New Member

Let's not forget the original subject of this thread. An update for Paladin spells. I listed a few as an example, one of which would be area of effect taunt starting at the same time Shadowknights get it. Why are people getting so jumpy about Paladin's getting the same thing other tanks get? Who cares about flas of light at level two?
  19. Kiaro Augur

Wave of Healing is pretty solidly in line, 200hp healing when most characters have what 1700hp?
    Flame of Light is garbage, and you shouldn't have even bought the scroll its a DD line for a tank class.
    Divine Favor has some unusual behaviors that make it situational.

Seriously though, Paladins are fine, if you don't think so, don't play one.
  20. BrokedownPaladin New Member

Don't post anymore you have no clue on what's being talked about here. No one said anything about nerfing warriors.