Can we settle NBG once and for all please?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arclyte, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Arclyte Augur

[IMG]

Also, if the group is going to have NBG on expensive stuff or some other stupid loot rules, you need to say it loudly and often
  2. Machentoo Augur

No, obviously we can't settle it, because there are two different ways of looking at it and neither side is going to convince everyone on the other side.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  3. Aegir Augur

If you can find the spot where he missed to cover up the other guys name in less than 10 seconds, you are more intelligent than 90% of the world population.
  4. Arclyte Augur

woops, fixed lol
  5. Febb Augur

It sucks to lose a roll against a group that is needing on everything but you have to take into consideration that the server is new and people need money so that type of greed is going to be around in a PUG. If you don't want to ever run into that issue then make a guild and only group with guild members that have the rule to only allow people to loot items if they actually need them.

Yes the loot rules in PUG's need to be known from the moment you join the group or advertised before you join the group. Perhaps that is something that needs to be worked into the advanced loot window that the group leader can set so all joining members know the loot rules.
  6. Rhodz Augur

Now you see why no-drop-trade came about, hard to say need on an item one cannot even equip or sell. Greedy bastids own that one 100%...

That said in specific camps, special rules must apply or else be just one more Smuck in Guk. That is why I could not care in the least about putting my nose in the place, full of smucks, must be the something in the water.
  7. Arclyte Augur

If every camp dropped items that every class could use, your argument would make sense

Considering something like Frenzy camp drops just the sash and brigandine tunic, what incentive do healers/casters have to go there?

It's not greedy. All need is the most fair way of doing things.
    DruidCT likes this.
  8. Rhodz Augur

Actually I was siding with you on this, assigning perceived "need" on such an item is just using the loot rules to satisfy greed. Still not going down there till the RMT and krono scum are gone.
  9. MaxTheLion Augur

Not sure what the confusion is. The term Need before Greed explains it in the title. It applies to items going to a person that will use the item, i.e., an upgrade (Need) before it goes out to general roll for reasons such as selling, alts, etc (Greed). For ease, most people have gone about Needing on everything including all trash loot to lessen this crap. You can either request your group to get priority for the item if you feel you'd benefit most or you roll and risk winning/losing. InB4 "Everybody needs plat" hurr durr. The term was coined during a different community mentality.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

If the only named in your camp don't drop gear that everyone can use, don't be surprised when they still take some of it so that they don't walk away empty handed.
  11. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Pixel fanaticism at its finest right here.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  12. Rhodz Augur

The problem with the above is no need exists, on anything. It is an artificial construct and everything is eventually sold off sooner or later. Be more effective and honest to just Want It or Don't Want it.

Greed is of course very real and widespread.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  13. Bandages Elder

If he doesn't know you, and the item is worth $100.00, then he is going to roll need on it, simply because you are not in his guild and mean nothing to him. If you are the group leader and can direct which way the loot goes then yay to you. Good luck finding a whole group that will agree to pass on such an item. I've seen people say that they really need it, only to sell it the next day for kronos. Even in dkp guilds, people win nice items instantly to RMT them. More than half of the population is there to earn kronos anyhow, so you can either jump on the wagon or fund them.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  14. Your_Ad_Here Augur

Hard to say without more info. Was it said earlier about the NBG and you just missed it? Who knows.

All groups are different. I would ask until an answer is given, especially if it is a group you want to get something in. Send a tell if they miss it.

It also depends on what is being gotten as loot. I've been in groups in GFay where everyone needed on the orc scalps to get plat from, and ones where everyone greeded. Hence why many had Master Looters.

*shrugs* There is nothing set in stone. If it was, we'd be using pre-set loot rules that won't even let you get something that isn't for the class you are playing on (yes there are games that have that built in).
  15. Kahna Augur

NBG is naive and overly trusting. If someone has an SMR already and they get invited to a hamlord camp there is nothing stopping them from showing up in a newbie robe and needing on the SMR. Everyone needing is the only fair way to run things. End of story. If you want to NBG things make a guild group.
    DruidCT, snailish and Your_Ad_Here like this.
  16. Tevez Augur

Are full needing groups really that common? My main is 45 and I have yet to be in a group where everyone needs on loot which would be an upgrade for someone else.

PS: I dont mind which loot system you use just inform people before they join the group.
  17. MaxTheLion Augur

Of course it's arbitrary. The term isn't using the definition of the word exclusively. I was clear when I stated "For ease, most people have gone about Needing on everything". It minimizes the shady activity that many here have already mentioned happens quite often.
  18. mackal Augur

So is OP trying to tell us the G does not in fact stand for Greed?
  19. TLP Addict Augur

I've levelled my main to 50 in many of these camps, almost universally they have been NBG and all members have agreed. FBSS and Yaks have gone to people that can use them, SSBs go to plate wearers first then everyone else greed rolls for them, SMR's, Runed cowls etc have been rolled on only by the casters in the group, same for loam in the hole. I Tried to push the idea that we should all need once or twice and was quickly shot down by the other group members, the vast majority of people I have grouped with just want to get some xp and have fun, meet some new people etc. Most want loot that is an upgrade for them but don't want to be greedy and take things they can't use from group members that can.

The only potentially questionable act I have seen is an SK needing on a Yak. But I saw him the next day and he still had it equipped.

It's almost like these "everyone should need because we all need plat" people are a tiny minority of greedy on the server.

And no, as others have stated you will not settle this once and for all, the majority of players are happy to run with NBG, but a vocal minority (coincidentally many of the same people that have come out and stated that they are just here to farm so krono to take back to their main server) keep trying to meme this "everyone need" mentality into existence.
  20. Sikbik New Member

Mostly everyone i have grouped with so far on agnarr understands to just greed on everything and press need when its an item/quest item they will use or use within the next couple levels.

I also haven't met many plat crazed people however.

Usually if u need plat u would just form a plat farming group killing giants or camping a named mobs spawn. Leveling groups always ran NBG in my personal experience.
    TLP Addict likes this.