Can we please stop the RMT!!!!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Eniner, Apr 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draekon Elder

Krono farmers are aggressive bc lack of customer support + dps race (no PNP) for camps. Yeah the krono flippers pushing prices up does suck, but at least on agnarr without the bazaar it wont be as easy to push up cause they have to actively sit there advertising while others advertise against.

Just the way it is.
  2. Ezeron New Member

You guys are delusional to think they care about YOUR agenda.
  3. Polekn Augur

Did you play on Phinigel? Did you see Cloak of Flames selling for 1 Krono before PoP?
  4. MaestroM Augur

I did not play on Phinny and I have no idea what a CoF goes for in Krono.

My point is, I don't care how many Krono it goes for. My guild will be able to go kill Naggy/Talendor/Sev if we need/want one. We don't have to buy from Krono farmers because we can just go get whatever it is we want ourselves. Now there will, of course, but items that will be permacamped by Krono farmers (GEBS and such), but just because GEBs are BiS doesn't mean they're the only workable item that can go there, especially once you get into planar drops. RF/LJ if you wanted ANY gear, you had to deal with RMT. Phinny/Agnarr a lot of gear (especially high end stuff) will be attainable by any guild capable of killing the mobs.
  5. Polekn Augur

I agree completely and I lived fine without those items, but you would be surprised how many people are willing to pay kronos for BiS items perma camped by krono farmers.
  6. Runes Augur

Krono farmers are fine by me..as others said they will be less of an impact on instanced servers and if you want to stay on RF/LJ then live with it and it makes you so emotionally damaged that you need to post a wall of rants then reroll to an instanced server.

Krono farmers although not my bag..extend the EQ server lives and that is something everyone benefits from.
  7. Eniner Augur

The solution you offer is not even reasonable that is everyones solution you dont like it you should reroll. No we are paying members and deserve the same respect anyone else would receive no matter the server. This is not a single server issue this issue is everywhere. Just as many stated the krono market will be ready to destroy agnar i have no problem with people who legitly farm things do it the way the game intended what i have issues with is people paying their bills off a game. It was stopped back then it should still be stopped today there is secret emotes that can go out to disconnect anyone using a certain program it should continue. For sales adds should be tracked people are dumb enough to list what item slots they use in what slot name of gear exact count aa its easily pieced together. So to say you should reroll to a instanced server is obsolete as this is happening everywhere not just on RF or LJ where you assume it only happens.
  8. Synk Journeyman

I hate to bump this post up but as a new player to Ragefire, I can say the server is far from dead first of all. We have 7 different guilds all raiding end game content and there are 4 on a rotation for SSRA and VT. I see lowbies grouping up all the time to level up as well. Also I have completed my epic quest (warrior) with my guild (Awakening Legends plug) and while we did have some competition for the spawns I would chalk that up as an authentic old school EQ experience.

As to the RMT issues, this is vastly overblown. Krono prices on any server go up as people's interest in the game goes down, Krono price is a function of Krono supply, people's desire to dump 19 dollars into the game to buy some random item goes down when their interest does. We all know the 'pre-expansion lull' that always occurs before any xpac, and as such Krono prices will always rise a lot just before a new release (ala: Agnar, Phinny LDON, Ragefire POP).
  9. MaestroM Augur

I hear what you're saying. Obviously there are people that feel that in the base version of a TLP server, RMT interferes with their ability to enjoy the game. This comes from RMTs use of 3rd party boxing programs and the removal of the PNP which allows RMT bots to lock down content and then sell it to the people who actually want it.

However, it has been clear for years that DBG just does not have the staff/resources to put in place and police the controls that would be required to ban such a practice. The solution to RMT is instancing. People get to play, DBG doesn't have to hire more people to police rules. Sucks that RF isn't instanced. If enough people quick/wanted it enough they might instance RF/LJ. But my suspicion is most of the people who still play on RF continue to do so because they want it without instances.

There is no version of EQ that has the policing methods you're asking for and I'm really sorry about that. I'd be bummed too.
  10. Aurastrider Augur

RMT people have been around pretty much since day one. I have talked to people who bought their first car via leveling toons on an account and selling said accounts back in the day. Gold and tradeable items have been on the "black market" for as long as I can remember. Hell looking through old in game emails I came across some old spam from players offering PL services for real money. The only difference is a small green looking stone that we can physically see. Just like anything in life if there is money to be made someone is going to be making it. The reality is DBG knows they profit from these farms and are not going to get overly aggressive cracking down on them. If you have item x that players want or need and its locked down and only obtainable via a farmer for kronos DBG profits from this. If you want said item pay 19 bucks x number of kronos to obtain said item and its yours. Otherwise your out of luck. Not saying its right but its simple economics and the reality of the situation.
  11. Runes Augur

12. Zansobar Augur

I guess I'm still trying to understand what the OP thinks is wrong with Krono and what they think getting rid of Krono would accomplish.
  13. Aurastrider Augur

Basically here is the best way to sum this up. You think of the RMT guy like a drug dealer. He is a nasty hurtful member of the community and you want him to stop. You go to mister drug dealer and say "can you stop selling drugs please"? Mr drug dealer looks at you and laughs. I mean seriously who is going to give up their ability to make money because someone asks them to especially a complete stranger?
  14. MaestroM Augur

OP is scapegoating Krono like a lot of people. Their gripe (legitimate) comes from a disconnect between how EQ COULD be played and how it is ACTUALLY played. EQ COULD be played the way it is advertised/the way the vast majority of MMORPGs are played, which is I get a group of friends together and we go kill some monsters and get some loot and high five at the end. Everyone thinks this is awesome. The problem is EQ back in the day and on pre-Phinny TLP (and p99) isn't ACTUALLY played that way. Instead, EQ is an exercise of log in and go through the following.

Check solB: camped
    Check HGs: camped
    Check Guk: camped
    Check Seafuries: camped
    Check Runnyeye: camped
    check Kunark: camped
    Log out and go play WoW/LoL/whatever because you're not allowed to play because there isn't enough game to go around.

This may have increased slightly because Kronos give incentives for people who wouldn't otherwise farm to farm more, but the root of the problem is still that due to restrictions on the power of computers back in 99, EQ turned out to be a game of waiting in line.

But Kronos didn't create the line. They just put a few more people in it. Don't get rid of Kronos, get rid of the line.

Instancing raid content is an amazing way of getting rid of the line. I haven't played with /pick much but it seems to help a little bit with the line for camps. A differently designed system could probably reduce it even further.

Most people understand this and choose to play on Phinny or will play on Agnarr. But every once in a while... you get a person who wants the line. They enjoy being at the front of the line and listening to people behind them grumble. My guess is a lot of the Krono hate comes from either people who haven't really thought about it too hard, or people who want to be at the front of the line and are salty that some Krono farmer is better at their game than they are.
  15. Gremin Augur

Around and around we go....
  16. Tore Lorekeeper

Honestly with pickzone the only crappy, trainy, KS-tastic camp in classic on Phinny was the efreeti. Sure you had a few of the shinier pieces (Hooded Black Cloak, FBSS, some of lguk) that ended up kind of pissy and problematic but those tended to calm down and in my experience if you were actively killing the camp people would leave you alone and not try to snipe your .

Runnyeye is a slightly different story since the items there are TECHNICALLY out of era (got revamped in velious?) and too strong for the effort involved but if you care that much it's pretty easy to round some people up and spawn a new zone. Even then anything that wasn't a BAM fell in price pretty quickly.
  17. Eniner Augur

Original poster never once has said krono is the issue RMT sellers is the issue not a item in game. People are putting words in mouths now it appears. My gripe is not with krono it self but the people paying their bills off eq. I am not asking any of them to stop what they are doing but asking daybreak to stop what they are doing so eq can be what it once was. Yes RMT has been around since day one but also had its risks to now there hardly any risk at all as it skyrocketed. Some of you may be ok with it some of us would love to see our old eq come back and be the best on the market again.
  18. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

I feel bad for folks who have come back to play TLP. It's tantalizingly close to the kind of game experience you'd been hoping for, but Krono comprises the very harshly glaring exception.

On Live servers, among people at max level, we have less of this. Sure, there's lots of stupid boxing going on, but overall there's only so much to get out of every expansion, as far as group gear goes, so unless you have your heart set on chase loot, your experience is impacted by this behavior only minimally.

Actually, I have to agree with people who have singled out the new chase loot specifically. Having weapons that powerful as attunable items is really a P2W gesture to make.

RIP EverQuest as a fun game for people primarily looking to have fun.
  19. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I made so much money with Yantis back in the day, was a fun time in my late teens. Still got that 1st check framed from IGE.
    MoveFastRZ likes this.
  20. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Yantis. Respect for that guy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.