Can we please make corpses poof on Exp Rec?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tegila, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Tegila Augur

there's no reason for htem not to poof after using expedient recovery unless there's an item on them, and intodays game there arent ever items on teh corpses. This causes all kinds of lag and tons of looting to clear them all if soemone does a mass killing to delevel etc. Right now in guild lobby on Bertox there is an absolute standstill near tye door to pok because soemone summoned hundreds of corpses right there and hasnt looted them.
  2. Cicelee Augur

Make a hotkey that says /hidecorpseall and use that. Thankfully you only have to type it once, and as long as it is spelled correctly you are good to go.

Edit: it could be /hidecorpse all with a space. A bit foggy on exact wording and spaces
  3. Tegila Augur

as i said in the support forums to the same response: not all of the 1k + people on teh server are going to know this and there's no reason for it to occur in the first place. when you use necro spell sacrifice the corpses poof immediatley, this should be the same with expedient recovery and never cause the issue to start with. i got reamed out years back for saccing an alt in the lobby and it was nowehre near the number of these (back then they didnt poof like they do now) and on my pentium 4 with 1gb ram (in 07) even i didnt get any lag staring at the corpses then, now with machiens that dont lag 1 iota in lobby's overcrowding at the magus, i freezeframe thats how many corpses this is, and whether i know how to get around it or not, not everyone else does and it is disruptive to the zone bigtime. there's no reason for exp rec corpses not to poof nomatter how you look at it, and in this particular case someone needs to go clear up the corpses
  4. Nocturnus Elder

Every time that i've used Expedient Recovery, the corpse pops to me and then vanishes after I get all the experience back, which is instantaneous.

I can't think of any reason that i've ever seen a corpse remain in game unless it's still waiting for a rez.

If you're recommending that the corpse poofs once people "regain that experience normally", as the subject suggests, that would defeat the purpose. If I regain that experience naturally, and then get a rez.... well... that's still more experience back at the end of the day.
  5. Kyreth Elder

I use /hidecorpse all fairly frequently, but the issue in Bertoxx in the guild lobby tonight caught me by surprise. By the time I figured out what the insane lag was, I had already zoned out. The corpses were all piled on top of each other when I ran through, so it wasn't readily apparent how many of them there were. They were directly in front of the PoK door, making it very difficult to approach the door and click out.. pretty annoying.
  6. Kyreth Elder

They have never vanished for me, or anyone else I've seen use Expedient Recovery. They just sit there until you loot the empty bodies.
    Sinestra likes this.
  7. Tegila Augur

aye they dont disappear..maybe the other guy jstu walks off and leaves them there forever without realizing it so tohers have to trip over them? idk. but anytime i exp rec i still have to loot the corpse to make it poof including earlier tonight
  8. EQbud Augur

My experience has been that if I am in the same zone as teh corpses then they poof immediately.
    If I summon them across zones then they poof 3 hours later unless I take the time to loot each.
  9. findle New Member

I'd like to apologize to anyone I inconvenienced I was making a screenshot in front of my house in the housing zone and didnt know the corpses would poof into the lobby I went to move them when I woke up and saw this post but a gm beat me to it sorry again
    Kyreth likes this.
  10. Khat_Nip Meow

Tegila is doomed.
  11. artofnoise Augur

Assuming your corpses were the ones in question, kudos for noticing and saying so here. Not everyone would do so. :)

But I wouldn't worry about it. /hidecorpse does the job well... if only there were some easy way for new and returning players to discover it in game though some sort of "help" system...
  12. Tegila Augur

:p i have hidecorpse looted hotkeyed bc i turn it on the instnat i log in (wish it coudl be by deafult) but all and none i have to type manually if i ever use them