Can we not increase the level of mobs in old expansion missions?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mezz, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Aurastrider Augur

The problem with this is it would be so easily exploited. Bring in 4 level 75 toons and 2 level 105 toons (average level 85) and every HA will become rather trivial. You don't even need to do anything but park the lowbie toons at the entrance. Heck a 105 sk with 5 level 75 toons (average level 80) could keep himself up with taps and swarm the entire zone probably in a couple of minutes. I think they had issues with this during the LDON missions also if I recall.
  2. Ghubuk Augur

How would that be any different than a lvl 105 going and pl'ing a group in a static zone? Anyway, was just a thought I was throwing out there.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

The difference is you could in theory plow through current content with these mechanics as end game mobs would scale way down. All that difficult content would become trivial and someone could literally beat all mission based aspects of an expansion in a day. Doing a PL in a static zone the mobs don't scale at all its just zone dependent. Being able to swarm an entire end game mission seems a bit over the top and I doubt the developers would allow such mechanics to happen but hey crazier things have happened in this game so who knows.
  4. Ghubuk Augur

Ah, I see what you are saying now. I guess there just needs to be a way to make a minimum and maximum level for each HA (probably by expansion).
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Any update on what option the team have gone for?
    Will these changes make February's patch?
    Daedly likes this.
  6. Kyzvs Augur

LDoN groups are limited in their level spread of the group (6 levels?) so that can't happen any more afaik. Surely wouldn't be that hard to do the same for HA?
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I thought it was 15 levels.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

So you cant group with anyone 7 levels or lower than you for the missions or the mobs wont scale more than 6 levels lower than the highest level toon? If its an issue that will prevent a higher level toon from grouping with a lower level toon I would not be in favor of this change. This will just further limit grouping options and for those who are bored and want to plow a lower level alt on a different account through the content they would have to level them first and then progress them second just creating another time sink for people.
  9. Kyzvs Augur

Still seems to me that it's a reasonable recourse for an exploit - and one that for once has been used before. In an instance where your group makeup can dramatically influence the experience, don't let the group spread be too massive. I don't beleive that anyone in a guild can't organise sessions that will mitigate the scenario you are putting forward (OP-equipped groups of same-level groups) and bot-groups don't care anyway. That doesn't leave a whole lot of people in the end-game that would be badly affected?
  10. ryokoryu Journeyman

Ok time to chime in. Basing your fix only around endgame people is flawed firstly since it disregards one of the primary points of HAs and that is to catch people up from the 7=-90 range which is HORRIBLE and has many cases where the gear jumps require months of work just getting to the point where you can get upgrades every 5 levels. This makes those who do not have guilds that will take the time to help them take years to catch up. This of course assumes a casual playtime. and will lead quickly to a bored player with no sub. In other words lost to the game. I recently came back to EQ to the FV server and am starting over, I almost got stuck at 75 without any real help if not for another player working their way up in the samemanner as me having also just returned. This is a rare meeting in EQ these days and without the jump for returning players or new players there is no viable method of getting past this level range outside of boxing. For someone who hates to box it just isn't worth it.
  11. Dahaman Augur

If "stuck" at level 75 (sorted - easier to harder):

- Vergalid Mines has a plethora of quests to pursue and is still good XP for level 75.

- The Buried Sea has an amazing quest line going over its 7 isles. You can get a nice hand augment at the end and good equipment as you go.

- Dragonscale Hills has fast kills at the farm. My FTP level 77 SK tanked 4 to 8 at a time, pending discs available. The XP per kill wasn't the best of the best, but the amount of kills, along with the quest XP, was pretty decent (20 AA per hour rate estimated on Bertox, FV would be faster).

- Dragonscale Hills has nice achievement work to be pursued. The nymphs were good XP (with the turn-in quest) and the faction work is needed for the achievement lines.

- The Oceangreen Hills quests start to come online around level 75. Good Quests. Good item upgrades. This will require boxing or group at that level, but it is something that comes online for solo/molo shortly thereafter, so it might provide a roadmap for you.

I have never run a HA. I did run a SK up to level 90 on FV utilizing auto-grant AAs, simply by following the Hero's Journey book. I got to the 3rd or 4th zone in SOD with that character, so had mileage to go before tapping the end of that path. I'm currently FTP, so that character is in hiatus for the time being.
  12. CrazyLarth Augur

shroud down your toons you can make all mobs in an old mission RED to you.