Can we just vote on legacy TLP relaxed truebox already?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tweakfour17, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Overcast451 Augur

Can't really poll people in any type of fair manner in this type of environment.

Most 'normal' players are playing 1-2 accounts, by and large. I suspect.
    Then you have more hardcore folks playing 3-6 accounts.

Then the RMT Kronolords - how many accounts? 12? 36? 72?

So any 'poll' based on one vote per account is asking the Kronolords what they want to do, followed by the more hardcore boxers. With the people playing the game as intended having the smallest voice in the equation. This is like a shareholder vote - those with the most money in, get the most say. Not sure how that would work for a MMO though. The Kronolords wouldn't make much money at all, if not for the small-time casuals.

To be honest though - I think the variety of rulesets is the poll in and of itself. Perhaps the best way to see what people want is to see what they will pay for anyway.

The success of the TLP servers may not mean whatever majority wants what.. but they are putting the cash down to keep playing them. Plus, I'm pretty positive on the internal side they can probably run reports like, "X accounts played with duplicate Credit Card numbers / addresses" and "X accounts with only a single account registered to that credit card / address."

Whatever numbers they have, don't really need to be published to the customers or competitors, for that matter.
    Joules_Bianchi and Tweakfour17 like this.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Exactly, every account could vote but DBG has ways to filter out to make it more fair / 1 per person. Besides, how many 72 boxers are there on Mangler? Aradune? Coirnav? The big Boys follow the re rollers.
  3. Endacer Augur

Legends, i'm curious. Do you even know what it is you are argueing against? Every one of these threads you have jumped into trolling, the first thing you spout is some derivitive of "don't remove truebox". Have you ever actually stopped and read what people are asking? No one is asking for truebox to be removed, at all. People are asking for relaxd truebox, which is a limit of 3 accounts per pc, that starts in Omens, just as the new TLPs already launching will have. No one is asking for truebox to be removed, no one is asking for it at launch. Adding the relaxed truebox retroactively to TLPs starting in Omens only helps the existing populations on those servers. If you actually do understand that, and arn't just trolling, why do we have this: "Do not listen to OP Darkpaw. All no Truebox does is allow everyone to be a "big cheater boy"."
    Shuey likes this.
  4. Legends Elder

Not interested in reading this giant block of text. In regards to this topic,

5. Gormgeous Elder

Here's my vote for relaxed true box as the norm on every TLP.

Honestly though I could see them avoiding it just because the churn is probably good for business. If people don't leave mischief because the population stays up, Yelinak and Vaniki make less money.

Though with all the boxing hate, maybe it'd be good for them and the purists would jump off Mischief even more now? I just know I won't play on a true box server ever again.
    Tornat likes this.
  6. Tornat Augur

Would really like this on Thornblade !
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Rather than making them all no/relaxed truebox they could make half of the pair is relaxed

Mischief/Thornblade one stays as it is the other has relaxed truebox
    Audare/Rizola stay as they are as Riz is already boxable

and so on.

See how it goes, see how the population splits now with the choice.
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

3 accounts is optimal. Fellowship campfires and once mercs are up, 3=6 which is where group content is tuned for. It also provides a permanent trinity of tank, heals and dps without mercs. 3 accounts, allowed off a single launcher and machine to help minimize carbon footprint of a known rule set and diminish the class power of rich players have 6 PCs more easily then less economically advantaged players.
  9. HekkHekkHekk Augur

If you want relaxed truebox you have to show the devs. Perhaps organize an event on ragefire to give the devs some evidence.
    Gheed and Ginix like this.
  10. Gheed Is not reading your response

Maybe one of the most underrated posts of all time.

Figured it would be Skuz posting this.. Guess he really is just scared of PvP
    Ginix likes this.
  11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You have:
    Selective Myopia?
    Selective Amnesia?

I'm a big fan of PvP DAoC, WaR, SWToR...but EQ PvP sucketh, Sullon Zek was pretty good (close to RvRvR) and I played there for a while.
    I'd like to see PvP "content" on Blue servers, scenarios like WAR had, or Warfronts like SWToR had, Huttball or Bloodbowl type PvP sports game but EQ thematic.
    I've even suggested repurposing the shroud system to have PvP instanced arena matches using those.

Problem is - why would the devs make content for 20 players?

But yeah Skuz is "scared" of PvP, never mind I quit EQ to go play Warhammer: Age of Reckoning in 2008, a PvP-centred game.

The scared ones are the PvP fantasists, terrified of organising an actual show of numbers because what they are really afraid of is failing even harder than the "PvP bois" did a year or so ago.

Truebox players asking for it to be relaxed have already "organised", they did this on Ragefire, Lockjaw, Agnarr, Phinigel, Coirnav & Miragul (which should never have had it to begin with) already, and recently players on Aradune & Mangler also added their voices to the relaxation of Truebox debate in a 16 page thread with 10k+ views.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...true-box-on-all-tlps-in-omens-content.281956/

The devs know how many players were/are on those servers when they asked for this.
    And they massively outnumbered you guys, heck even Miragul is bigger than you lot even now.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  13. Gheed Is not reading your response

You are VERY scared my friend.

One of the easiest baits of my life
    Ginix likes this.
  14. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Bartender, I'll have one of whatever he's having...
  15. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

and my money is on #forum_sockpuppet_likes anytime the liker is a hidden profile with same naming convention.

just sayin'
  16. Gheed Is not reading your response

You got me. I use my account created in 2014 to like my posts on my other account created 4 years later /s. Also having the letter G = same naming convention :rolleyes:

Skuz is definitely not sending his brightest.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    Ginix likes this.
  17. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

They sure seem to like each other an awful lot.

Just sayin'

also sayin'

You are VERY scared my friend.

One of the easiest baits of my life
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'd advise not allowing oneself to become that incapacitated.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  19. Gheed Is not reading your response

Were conjoined twins, I would hope we like each other
    Ginix likes this.
  20. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Oh and you wouldn't have to scroll very far to find out that Skuz, for whom you seem to have a woodie, and I have very divergent opinions on some things and neared fisticuffs at times.

At least his arguments, whether I see them as wrong or right, are cohesive and on topic. You're just a hack.

You remind me of this kid I went to HS with who would run up on people he didn't like, spit on them, then yell out when they hit him, then run to the office to try to get them suspended claiming they started it as noone ever saw him hit them.

Edited to LMAO at the post <after> this one. I called it.
    Skuz likes this.