Can we haz nice things (Prison server) please ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Phoebes, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Battleaxe Augur

Occasionally DBG has done or contemplated doing something that made me want to facepalm:

I realize the idea has gotten some publicity, but in a new game it would be a questionable feature. In an elderly game it feels a lot like CNN having a link to a You Tube video entitled "Grandma nails Whip/Nae Nae."

Show me something newish to games like NPC's holding a normal seeming conversation with players (see Perry and Eliza):

not Oh, a different way to suspend players. You must be trembling with excitement.

Seriously, I don't see how this adds meaningful play value to the game nor why rule breakers would receive any extra effort invested in their "play style" beyond a talking to or suspension even if the feature is negative attention.

And it's not even good publicity - old dog does not very good trick. IF I wanted notice on CNN or even just Massively - this is not what I'd want to see being discussed. Maybe people saw it and "picked it up". But if you don't do things like this, they can't run with the ball can they.