Can we haz nice things (Prison server) please ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Phoebes, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Rainbowdash Augur

Jokes are hard to understand through text so I'm gonna go ahead and point out that, that was a joke.

Not everything has to be super serious. Especially in a thread that already started out with the word 'haz' in the title.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  2. code-zero Augur

The point is to give the bad actors an incentive to NOT create new accounts and come back to other servers where they'll be up to their old tricks. How hard is that concept to understand?

There are 3 purposes to prisons for people, sequestration, deterence and rehabilitation. A prison server will easily serve the first 2 purposes and realistically there's no way to rehabilitate a bad actor in an MMO however in real life that's the most difficult thing to do with real humans in a real world prison
  3. Foxxbott Lorekeeper

I would totally roll a character on this server just to watch the shenanigans. Brilliant!
    Yimin likes this.
  4. Peltier Elder

5. Garshok Augur

I made the mistake of trying to play when I was on vacation this summer, staying at a motel that promised 'high speed internet.' Satellite internet in Afghanistan was faster and more reliable.

Not only did my lag play a role in getting the raid wiped for the 5 minutes I tried joining the raid (sorry, guys!), after I gated to the guild hall I 'rewound' half a dozen times in ten minutes the lag was so bad. I was afraid to log on again for the rest of vacation, and spent the next month wondering if I was going to get suspended or banned for warping.

Needless to say, I would be pretty non-plussed to get banned to a 'prison server' after something like that.
  6. Motherlee Augur

We'd have a 40 page thread on people who were wrongly suspended. Suffice it to say, as long as it's up to capricious moderators and automated detection software, this is a terrible idea. I was banned from forums because of a vindictive person who reported everything I wrote or liked.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Peltier Elder

Can we haz nice things (Prison server) please ?

WE HAVE THIS ITS CALLED BERTOX SERVER ! ! !
  8. moogs Augur

When I first read about this, I thought it was pretty ridiculous. But this is a nice compromise to allow the hundreds of cheaters and griefers to continue to pay subscription fees while not interfering with the rest of us. I could be for that. The players need specifics on what kind of behavior and how many offenses it will take to be permanently banished as well as the source of this information. If that's all behind a curtain and anyone can accuse anyone else of being a total sack of crap, then this whole idea is terrible.
    Motherlee likes this.
  9. Silv Augur

Could we re-enable the Enchanter Crystal and Haze 'sploits on this server? The Paladin heal one too... and um... let's throw a few others in there as well. Plat dupe? I mean... if it's no rules, why not?!
    Iila likes this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually think about it. What if all the botters end up in prison? Most of them want to pay with krono instead of cash. Think of a whole server that only wants to use krono to pay for their sub. Who is going to buy the krono from daybreak to sell to them? As an experiment it is sort of interesting and if they just use it for people that were going to get banned anyway......
  11. Motherlee Augur

And a way for them to actually TALK to a real person if they are mistakenly banned!
  12. Mediik Augur

A server I can play how I want and not worry about silly DBG rules and someone can't transfer my character to another server and strip it clean.. sign me up.
  13. skattabrainz Augur

three pages and nobody has suggested to name the experimental prison server Stanford.

well consider it done :)
  14. Brogett Augur

I like the idea but only provided the evidence for wrong doing is cast iron. I think it shouldn't be for first offense either, so people get a warning to change or be punted there first.
  15. Brogett Augur

You trust the mods to make those sorts of judgements? I got banned before simply because someone disliked my parse data enough to keep spamming report on all my posts (or at least I assume that's why - you don't get told why the ban happens).
    Motherlee likes this.
  16. Jyve Augur

No, I was just trolling Bei.
    Brogett and Motherlee like this.
  17. Smokezz The Bane Crew

There are already a couple prison servers, and a prison section on the forums. Ragefire and Lockjaw + the TLP forums.
  18. Iila Augur

They keep escaping :(
  19. Vlerg Augur

actually that would be Firiona Vie.

definatly the one server with the highest rate of user ( due to the special bazaar rule overthere... a RMT'er dream) and you cannot Xfer off it =)
    Motherlee likes this.
  20. Motherlee Augur

Not being on agro in Chardok too.
  21. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Those staff cutbacks hurt!