Can we haz nice things (Prison server) please ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Phoebes, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Phoebes Journeyman

complexication, Fallfyres and Syrup like this.
  2. Sinzz Augur

If so can there be a voulinteer transfer system for those who would prefer this over live or tlp?
    Motherlee and Fallfyres like this.
  3. Syrup Augur

That's a pretty nifty idea, just a server of scum left to rot in their own filth.

Looks like yes (on eq2 at least)

Smallpox likes this.
  4. Feradach Augur

Pure genius. The server name is great too.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I'd hope anyone who gets their account moved there gets banned from the forums too.
    Xeladom, Arwyn-RoV, Garshok and 6 others like this.
  6. FcsevenXIII Augur

Many current games have something similar to this. I will suggest that if dbg decides to do it they are absolutely sure the offender has indeed broken rules. I was stuck in a situation like this in dota 2 after going linkdead during multiple matches and was flagged as an abandoner. The problem had everything to do with a bad internet connection and nothing to do with an abandon. If anyone wants to see true dredge try getting stuck in a pvp game with a group of angry millennials.
    Motherlee likes this.
  7. Goth Augur

I am afraid if they do this that the prison server will be the most populated server in the game.

they also say its an experiment. What if it fails? what you gona do with all those players pushed there? Opps..
    Motherlee likes this.
  8. Reval Augur

Heh, I guess I'll never be a sheep. Justice takes time and effort to do right. I would never trust a system like this without knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was an entirely accurate system with reasonable sentencing. Lifetime bans of this nature aren't very reasonable. It sounds like it was created by someone that's frustrated.

Additionally, who is going to judge what is appropriate to say and what isn't? Many people have vastly different standards on that. Are you sure they won't be biased? What happens when a guy who mentioned that he liked one politician is sent to this prison hell server with hackers, and people that talk in general in ways that are 10x worse than that? You really need 7 levels of hell server, and we don't have the population for that.

A better solution would be to reward the good people. The best justice systems deal with reform, not with punishment.
  9. code-zero Augur

I think that people who call other people sheep should be sent to the prison server
    Silv and complexication like this.
  10. Reval Augur

I think Beimeith and I should be sent there and they can make a movie out of it. Beimeth gets to be played by Tom Hanks in the movie and I get Eddie Murphy. I'm only going if Beimeth goes, and only if he is also of the mindset that it'll be the 80's all over again.
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  11. Pizzicato New Member

Given that its an alternative to an outright ban my guess is that if it 'fails' they can always just ban the accounts like they would have done if this option wasn't available...
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. Reval Augur

Don't be so sure, Pizza Cat. They say people that 'break the rules' will go there, but they don't really say it's what happens instead of a ban. If you don't understand that there are various levels of breaking the rules, I'll condescendingly add that you don't get a life sentence for stealing a pack of gum when you're 8. And to make sure I've condescended enough upon you, here is the definition of the word Condescending:

having or showing a feeling of patronizing superiority.
    "she thought the teachers were arrogant and condescending"
    synonyms:
    patronizing, supercilious, superior, snobbish, snobby, disdainful, lofty,haughty;

That is your punishment for your narrow world view from the all fair and all mighty Reval.

What happens if someone does something they would normally have gotten suspended for? This obviously may apply outside of outright bans.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Goth Augur

What i see this as... A paid ok to cheat server... customer service is well pretty underwhelming anyway. unless of course you randomly delete chars from the server :cool: soo soo sorry no support for you.

This has the makings of being one of the highest end guilds.

Can you imagine the ability cheaters will have to openly recruit people that know how to cheat?

Gosh, if you think about it will shine light on the power of cheat software.

Enjoy with pop corn folks. and a beer.
    Brogett and Motherlee like this.
  14. Necromonious Augur

I'd say if the devs lack the manpower and technology to combat botting then I'd rather have them just embrace it and make a botting server

Benefits:

1. We all get to work on our programming and script-writing skills. Awards can be given to anyone who can bot complicated encounters/quests/raids

2. The server would always look super populated at all hours of the day. Zones would look lively, there would always be people doing things. The same things. Over and over

3. We would actually be able to find out whether these rare drops from TDS really are dropping because we are all farming for them 24/7

Stop allowing just ~30% of the population benefit from botting Let all of us!

(Note: kidding)
    Kaenneth likes this.
  15. Rainbowdash Augur

If this happens it needs to be as close to real prison as possible.

1. No in-game store.

2. No food in-game except Rations. no drink except Water Flasks. Absolutely no alcohol (including summoned)

3. Hero's forge that can't be removed that makes it appear as though all characters have a cage around them at all times.

4. Cross chat disabled (and forum bans) except periodically during 'visitation' when cross server chat is enabled for one 24 hour period.

5. Everyone has to train strength in a quarry near Qeynos. A lot.

6. Mandatory tear drop tattoos on every player character model's face.

7. Company reps that do nothing but send occasional tells to random people warning them not to drop their 'rusty long sword' or they'll get their 'fine steel long sword' right in their 'scabbard'. Followed by "you got purrty pixels".
  16. Reval Augur

Is it just me, or is the guy from Zek the least bloodthirsty person here?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  17. Nuttmeg Augur

I'm all for it. Prison sentences would rule. Cheating? 6 months sentence in the prison server. (must be paid subscription time.)

Also, no drops. Not 1 freaking cooper. Nothing.
  18. Nuttmeg Augur

Also, I'd like to see an upgraded version of the ring of sad exploitation. All stats-1000, mana - 1,000,000. Maybe instead of a ring, it could be a 2H non-weapon.
  19. Reval Augur

Just make it like a normal server except the music is mandatory and it plays that airplanes song over and over.
  20. Eriadoc Elder

Seems to me the only way you'd get sent there is if you play the TLP server and cheat. There's no customer service on the live servers that would catch cheaters anyway. Other than the outright open nature of it, I'm not sure how much of a practical difference there would be between a prison server and a live server.