Can we have a beta poll?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Starshape, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starshape Elder

Given the clarification on camp rules, can we have a beta server only vote via priest of discord on launching with Kunark?

It feels like there would be a lot more votes in favour of spreading out and it would be good for overall server health?
    Sendori likes this.
  2. Grishkalur Journeyman

I vote yes! But then I voted yes the first time. I believe many people that voted no had no intention of ever playing on Ragefire. In fact, if you were to start new polls after a month on the new server, I think most of the winning categories would change.

The beta server was an excellent place to put up a vote. People that actually cared enough to install the beta server probably actually plan to play on TLP.
  3. Diemond Augur

A beta poll won't work since most of the population that will be on live isn't on beta.
  4. Lowstats Lorekeeper

No.

The month long vote was a month long for a reason. Your vote option was not the winner. Deal with it.
    Deadshade, Soltara and liveitup1216 like this.
  5. Grishkalur Journeyman

If there was a vote there, most of them would be.
  6. Diemond Augur

My vote option won and i'm all for another vote for 2 main reasons. The voting poll wasn't focused on just the ones that are going to be playing on it and a lack of information on DB's side that is needed to make an informed vote. I just know that there more than likely won't be one. At least not until a couple months in on the server.
  7. Diemond Augur

You already have the most influential voting power you could possibly have, and will have it throughout the entire run of the Ragefire server. There is one and only one vote that matters to a business, and that is how you vote with your wallet.
  8. The Broken One New Member

sounds like a good idea, but doubt they will do it
  9. Behee Augur

Oh, I agree with the OP.

But, it probably comes down to their options based on how many people start on the server. If the current instances work well enough, there is less reason to open Kunark (from their point of view, not ours).

But if the server is flooded, they either have to instance more zones, open Kunark, or start another server. Instancing costs money in the short term, another server causes fragmentation (Fippy/Vulak) and money long term. They may just decide they have no choice but to open Kunark.

Frankly, in that case they can overrule the vote for the good of the server.
  10. Jadefox Augur

Sure!
    Put up the Beta vote on the 21st. That's only ... what... 4 days away. It takes a bit of time to craft a decent poll. :p
    --Jade
    Behee likes this.
  11. Nolrog Augur

Why do you think any of the subsequent votes would be different than the vote that won? Just because you don't like the end result, doesn't mean we should keep voting every 2 minutes until your choice wins.
    liveitup1216 likes this.
  12. Aiona Augur

We will be able to vote in game as time goes on. We don't need another vote for launch as there already was one for launch and that vote won by a large margin.

Bring this topic up again in 6 months and we'll talk. ;)
  13. Ltldogg Augur

Yes, this whole let's vote before the 6 months is up is garbage. Vote already decided to have Classic only for 6 months, no vote until then. Don't change what was already voted on DBG. If you want to open a fast paced server as a second option for those that want, I am all for that, but don't go back on what was already voted.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  14. Freki Augur

i didn't even get my vote in. though i'd have voted for the same as what came through to be honest. but i'm not whining because i wasn't around to find out about the vote. so your arguments here are invalid that the vote included too many, it excluded many that are now coming back to see how this server sets up and we aren't begging for a revote... go play your game your way and enjoy all you are used to on those servers and i'll enjoy my way here.
  15. Kahna Augur

I don't see the point of a beta poll. Just wait until the server is live for a month or two and ask then. We won't have lost too many people by that point and everyone will have a better idea of the situation and be able to give a more informed vote.

And for those who don't want a revote? What are you afraid of? If 6 months of classic is all that and a box of crackerjacks it will win again. But if the majority change their mind why force them into something they are unhappy with?
  16. ZamaX Lorekeeper

Because it just means it doesnt accurately represent the player bases opinions at the current point. Them having a vote on how long people want each expansion on a monthly/expansionly basis would be fine too.
  17. Hateseeker Augur

Daybreak should never let a poll that's run prior to a server decide the unlock speed for the server for years in advance. They should poll TLP servers every 3 months on the dot. If the community wants to move forward they will vote so, and if they do not they will not.

By doing this, the unlock speed will be determined by the playerbase on the server at that moment, and not who played years ago and might have quit.
  18. Aiona Augur

I'm not "afraid," vote everyday for all I care, my answer will remain the same. lol

But the first expansion is supposed to last "at least" six months before the next one is released. Why would we need a vote at launch? Why would we need a vote 1 month in, or 2, or 3, or 4, or 5?

It's already been voted.
    Deadshade and Fallfyres like this.
  19. Aiona Augur

Yall need to have a vote every week? Do we really need that? Really?
  20. ZamaX Lorekeeper

Because the first vote was incredibly poorly designed. Option 1 won for every single vote(voting was required to get rid of the poll screen), and the vast majority of the people who voted on the poll arent going to play on Ragefire. Having a ragefire only vote more accurately represents the players who it effects.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.