Can we get a live version of Rizlona server?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bardy McFly, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Bardy McFly Augur

Since there has been so much heat about boxing/botting etc., can we please get a Rizona-like Live server that DPG will just look the other way regarding the general suspension and banning that has been going on? There seems to be enough suspension and banning going on that there would be interest in a server like this.

This server should also allow transfers from FV server, which means that server should probably have FV ruleset.

This would allow players that want to box as a normal means of play a safe haven to do so in a Live environment.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Burdi likes this.
  3. Bardy McFly Augur

This request is the opposite of a Truebox server lol. It's the complete opposite type of server!
  4. Truetotheblue Augur

Rizlona is just the same as any other live server. It's just different in that it's a TLP that isn't Truebox. Don't get it twisted that this is an "anything goes" server and DPG just "looks the other way." People get suspended on Rizlona, and many did in the recent waves. You can do exactly what you can on Rizlona on Live and there's 0 reason for them to open a new server for that when some Live servers are asking for merges.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Amended since other players are posting.
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

There isn't any heat about boxing except by people that want you to believe there is some conspiracy against it. Hope this helps.
  7. Bardy McFly Augur

Calling it a "Prison Server" doesn't exactly bode well to those that might actually want a boxing preferred Live server. Perhaps you should have chosen a less hostile title like mine.
  8. Gormgeous Elder

On paper you are right. In practice you are very wrong.

No other server was made specifically to allow automation use but while at the keyboard. I know they would probably deny it now but the chat logs exist between Holly and the others from when Rizlona was made.
  9. Truetotheblue Augur

Asking for a Rizlona-like live server and implying that Rizlona isn't under the same rules as other servers in regards to software isn't exactly accurate, either. What you're essentially saying is you want a 3PS open server where similar people can play. I understand the sentiment but that's not what Rizlona is. Is that what it is from the community perspective? Yes. From DPGs? No. You're still using 3PS and will get suspended, as they've done.

If you want a 3PS server Live EQ is not going to have it. You either accept the suspension risk or don't play.
  10. Truetotheblue Augur

I've seen the chat logs. But Holly and DW are gone. New regime and new attitude, need look no further than the roadmap for that. They reserve the right to change the rules and apparently have a different stance on it. People have been suspended there and that's the current reality with their stance on this.
  11. Bardy McFly Augur

Which is why I'm suggesting a new server with a "look the other way" policy. It's a win/win/win.

Live players that don't like boxers have to deal with far less of them. Boxers get their safe haven. DPG still gets the many monthly subs from boxing players.
  12. Truetotheblue Augur

Which is fine, I don't think that's an unreasonable request. But I'm merely pointing out that Rizlona is not some "hacker haven" where you're free from reproach. You may still get suspended there, as DPG has shown. Insinuating that it's a look the other way policy is just false in the current state of things.
  13. Bardy McFly Augur

I have 4 full groups on the server, mostly Kunark geared. Never got further than playing them as individual groups, though. I have A.D.D. with games, and in this game A.D.D. when it comes to staying on a particular TLP (of which I'm playing none anymore :rolleyes: ).

(I understand your point)
  14. Truetotheblue Augur

I also think that a server like this kind of side skirts the issue. People who box normally and play the game the way they want, primarily Rizlona population, aren't really the target of the anti-box sentiment on the forums. It's the 54 Boxer on Truebox selling raid loot, it's the 24/7 Advertising PLer rhyming with "Anita" in Bazaar, it's the "those 18 toons have been at that camp for a week straight" that garner the most ire. A boxing server, while helpful for the particular community, still wouldn't resolve that issue for everyone else unless DPG outright banned boxing on every other server, which would have some fairly serious implications to other aspects of the game.
  15. Bardy McFly Augur

I also stopped my "win/win/win" comment short of the ban comment, same reason as you. But perhaps if they are willing to give these players a safe haven with a free transfer, then they actually could give out a very explicit warning "you get one more suspension and then it's a permanent ban for all accounts involved". I'd honestly be totally fine with that, as DPG gave a home as a sign of good faith toward those players with that playstyle. It would clean up the bad actors on all the current servers pretty damn quick.
  16. Gormgeous Elder

You are too right and it is upsetting me. :/
    Burdi and Bardy McFly like this.
  17. Elvenphox Lorekeeper

Are these chat logs public? Would it violate any rules here to post a link to them?
  18. Gormgeous Elder

19. Rexa Ask someone else for buffs

I hope the mods/devs or whatever of this forums just start locking up these spammy, "please-let-me-cheat" threads. They are just getting so old and are making the forums look like a joke.
  20. Gormgeous Elder

You mean the thread that includes the former lead producer of EverQuest and the former community manager seeking to make a space for people to do just that?

You're right though, really hoping Accendo doesn't get mad at me for posting some of this seeing as the company stance has changed since Rizlona started.