Can we fix the automation please

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bigstomp, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Bigstomp Augur

I run into groups using it daily. 3 of them in 3 hours today. And I did not move very far.

(2 of those 3 hours were spent trying to rez a poor dead group, who kept accepting them over and over)

It's a bit of a grind to get all your toons caught up on XP and aa's and stuff.
    People going to bed and having their toons play themselves seriously cheapens that.

It's gotten to the point if I run into a group in EW or GD and it's not automated I'm impressed.
  2. Bobokin Augur

If they are in EW or GD, they paid for the expac on all of those accounts. Daybreak Games have painted themselves into a corner on this.

Because so many paid players are bot armies, it makes it difficult to enforce rules without hurting the bottom line. Because so many casual or old style grouping players are tired of getting the short stick, there are less of them, and far less All Access players than there would have been otherwise.

In the long run, this situation is a death knell for Everquest, but right now, it pays the bills. Daybreak won't be able to do much about it unless they start painting with a different color.
    Aenvar likes this.
  3. birisu Elder

Fortunately most of them have their camp radius set to be fairly small so the amount of space they take up isn't as big as it could be. But it's getting pretty ridiculous. The more people see AFK groups not being removed the more people are just going to say 'screw it' and set one up themselves. After all, what are rules if they are not enforced?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Warpeace Augur

I doubt they have any desire to bother with it:(. Maybe if they do I might resub one day.
  5. kookoo Augur

i am boxing 5 , i don't cheat , i don't even use is _ box_r and i bought 2 TOV expansion from players .
    so i would not be surprised at all if they did the same, since they can get much more plats that i can do.
    ,same from kronos that can pay fot their subs.