Can we change Max Results Per Trader from 200 to 20..

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Madmax1939, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Madmax1939 Lorekeeper

It is somewhat annoying after i list my merchant brews, that within a minute my listing is knocked out of standard search by a trader using multiple accounts to make sure no one sees other listings. People should be able to see that are much cheaper alternatives without knowing every little quirk of our bazaar system.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yes I had brought this issue up with the Devs and they turned a blind eye to it never heard back about it. It is unfortunate that many who do not know that someone can use a few toons to block out others from having their items show in a bazaar search end up losing out on better prices. Of course if the player doing it was less of problem child.... From their perspective they are simply taking advantage of a quirk in the bazaar system.

The thing here is not only are they blocking others from selling they are discouraging others from making the item to sell giving them even more of a lock on the product.

Changing default items per trader can also cause people to miss deals though.

Ideally adding some code that limits the number of identical items that can be displayed would be great. Maybe when identical items are listed only one shows up with a number beside it indicating how many more of the same item is on the trader.

Since Daybreak seems to condone the activity then naming the toons involved in this shady business might not be against the forum rules. Something to think about.

And in the interest of disclosure I don't do trade skills. I may eventually try it but I haven't yet.
  3. Madmax1939 Lorekeeper

Who knows maybe it benefits DB since you need 4 or more traders in order to use the exploit. I know not likely, me just venting a little. I get a little frustrated as the current exploit does not allow proper price discovery, people could be enjoying much cheaper baked and brewed products over time if competition was allowed.

I like the idea of a limit on the number of identical items. Anyways I know i am having a effect on her sales just gotta use general more often when she pushes my product out of the list as soon as start my trader.