Can type 3 Focus augs be made non lore?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Weebaaa, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Weebaaa Augur

I understand the utility of having certain things, especially things you don't typically want duplicates of, LORE.

I can understand why it is handy for type 3 augs to be LORE, when browsing a vendor that aug will not show up again, (Or allow you to purchase another one... or something)

I swap out a few different pieces of gear with some regularity,(Example, Cripple Belt, and Proc Belt, Aggro Mod Mask and regular mask) and when I do. I'm losing the type 3 aug in my "non primary" gear pieces, because I can't have the same aug in the piece of equipment I'm swapping in.

I'd like it if I could buy some non lore type 3 Focus Augs in these "secondary pieces" of equipment, that mirrors my primary equipment.

What does everyone else think?
    Jumbur likes this.
  2. Raccoo Augur

I'd suggest if they make the augs like the ornaments you click to change, like the "old" stuff. So players will have to click to convert to second aug to repurchase primary aug. hopefully would prevent buying duplicate but allow players to have duplicates if they wish.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It's possible the way the augs' effects are set up this would open up multiple stacks of the benefit. I could endlessly jolting kick my foes as an example of how overpowered that could become (which would make most every melee attack from those in my group proc my synergy). The work to limit that kind of impact to not have the aug effects be cumulative could be more work than it is worth.

I'd like to not have to run around between events to replace a needed type 3 aug myself following looting an upgrade. The lore tag is annoying when it comes to that - but do the ends justify the means? I'm not sure, maybe a Dev would be willing to add some input.
  4. segap Augur

Just making them removable with standard distillers would solve a lot of problems, including ones not mentioned in this thread. For those that have certain slots they actively swap back and forth, think more carefully about which type 3 (if any) you put in that slot.
    Fanra likes this.
  5. Weebaaa Augur

I wasn't aware of this. Makes sense when ya say it like that.
    BooHoo :p
  6. Sancus Augur

The vast majority of Type 3 augs use SPA 303, which does not stack.
    Jhenna_BB and svann like this.
  7. Brohg Augur

Please no, I would lose soooo much plat from unnecessarily rebuying duplicates
  8. Weebaaa Augur

You heard it here first!
    Brohg buys multiple type 3's!
    Saves the economy. So many jobs.
  9. Goodn Augur

I'm curious...what are the 9 type 3 augs you are using before you get to your face and belt slots?

I can fill all my type 3 slots on a cleric, druid, enchanter, paladin, shaman, wizard...but I'd be lying if I said more than the 7th one actually mattered on any of my mains. I'm just curious if there is a class out there severely hamstrung by type 3 slots.
  10. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Personally I wouldn't mind the Lore tag being removed from them or have them be removable with normal distillers. I wouldn't hold my breathe on that happening though.

Segap and Goodn both touched on a solution for your issue though. I'm not sure how many Type 3's you have that aren't spell focuses, but I currently use 3 that are easily removable. Stone of Judgement, Eyes of Life and Decay, and The Tears of Alaris. If you are only swapping 2 slots (Belt and Face), make sure those slots have 1 of the 3 removable augs in them. There's probably other type 3's that are removable, but those 3 are beneficial and usable by any class.
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Yes. There are a number of Type 3 augs that can easily full up all slots and more.
  12. Goodn Augur

I should say while I'm against messing with the lore of spell focus type 3s, I'm definitely for non-perfect only aug distillers for them.

The cost is now over 30k and we had to beg for them to put simple diamonds back on RoS trash mobs. And we can't even get perfect distillers to show up as part of the 3 extra discounted things anymore with crates, lon stuff, and xp potions taking all the slots.
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I simply do not buy them because of the 30k price. Daybreak seems to think that just because some have many millions of platinum, distorting the economy, that everyone does.

The current price to make Ring of Scale visible armor items (Combine Draconic Scale Subsumption and Combine Draconic Scale Transmogrificant) is also ridiculous.
    Jumbur and Wulfhere like this.
  14. segap Augur

Between the plat cost and also the large AA requirements for spell focus AA, most of my alts withheld getting spell upgrades until they both had a T2 item for the new type 3 aug and had the focus AA bought. It really delayed part of the fun of getting new stuff with a level increase because of all the extras needed to fully take advantage. I completely ignored T1 items because what's the use of spending plat to move augs in and out of a temporary item.

The armor cost is also obscene. Gearing 20+ alts at 40k per slot is atrocious. Especially with raid gear being only 30k per slot! I've never had heaps of plat and don't enjoy farming plat for in game expenses. The obscene plat sinks in this expansion really hit those of us that pay monthly with real money and not krono because we don't enjoy the process of farming for plat. You'd think they'd care more about actual paying customers (I know krono originate with a purchase, but I think there is a difference between those that pay real money and those that use accumulated plat (or who play the bazaar game) to fund their subscriptions) who are potentially more likely to walk away when they feel the game has lost value because they're paying with real money versus virtual money.
  15. Metanis Bad Company

I'm pretty happy with with the state of Augmentations right now.
  16. Wulfhere Augur

Not to mention that at least 2 of the augments do not even function at all. Do not waste your platinum on either of these until you see a patch that says they are fixed:
    • Type 3 FC Ardent Healing
    • Type 3 FC Merciful Healing
  17. Moege Augur

Necromancer, 9 slots is halfway to the amount they really need.