Can someone break down the population of the TLPs?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Batbener, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Batbener Augur

Been getting the itch lately, and was wondering which TLPs are still rocking and rolling.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Mangler - by far the biggest population, about 10 guilds clearing all content, also lots of casual guilds, PoP era, level 65
    Coirnav - medium population, ~4 guilds clearing content, Depths of Darkhollow era, level 70
    Selo - medium to low population, I think 3 guilds clearing stuff? Seeds of Destruction era, level 85
    Phinigel - low population, 3 guilds clearing content, The Darkened Sea era, level 105
    Agnarr - low population, I think 2 or 3 guilds still clearing PoTime, PoP/LDon era locked, level 65
    Ragefire - low population, honestly don't know how many guilds, maybe 2? Secrets of Faydwer era, level 80
    Miragul - low population, I think just one guild, heroic start at level 85, currently Veil of Alaris I think with level 95 cap
    Fippy - dead server
    Lockjaw - dead server
    Mithra and Batbener like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]

Phinigel - 3 Raiding Guilds
    Coirnav -5 Raiding Guilds
    Mangler - Loads of Raiding Guilds
    Batbener likes this.
  4. Kattria Minx Augur

Ragefire has at least four guilds doing current content: Cor Tempus, Summation, Dead Halfers Society, Mercy, and maybe Tempus? I don't follow gen chat or server wides so I'm sure there's more.
  5. Poppinfresh Elder

I thought Phinny had four. Who'd they lose?
  6. Bullsnooze Augur

If I were to guess: Arcane Ascensions.
  7. jeskola pheerie

Truebox in Cotf+ doesn't sound very fun. Hats off to the people chugging towards the finish line.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  8. Aueman Journeyman

That is correct.

It would be a welcomed change from most of the community at this point.
    Aegir likes this.
  9. Boze TLP complaint factory

Found this simple but super useful post looking at server pops on the Arcane Ascensions forum. Dude logged in to every server on Feb 29, 2020. Obviously doesn't give exact numbers, but at least can give you an idea of how server pops are proportionally to one another.
    forum:https://arcaneascensions.enjin.com/...ead/33070392-server-populations-feb-29th-2020

"Did it in a very unscientific way, just logged on ... checked General, and went to the Bazaar to see how many traders were up. I know not everyone joins general chat but I believe the proportion would be about the same across all the servers except maybe Zek where you may not wish to let others know you are on."

General Servers:

Firiona Vie - General = 1126 Traders = 505
    Bristlebane - General = 630 Traders = 287
    Xegony - General = 452 Traders = 204
    Drinal - General = 428 Traders = 151
    The Rathe - General = 400 Traders = 169
    Bertoxxulous - General = 394 Traders = 199
    Cazic Thule - General = 393 Traders = 210
    Erollisi Marr - General = 390 Traders = 200
    Tunare - General = 380 Traders = 188
    Luclin - General = 357 Traders = 172
    Povar - General = 341 Traders = 149
    Antonius Bayle - General = 329 Traders = 168
    Vox - General = 325 Traders = 54
    Trakanon - General = 140 Traders = 5
    Brekt - General = 129 Traders = 12
    Zek - General = 69 Traders = 11

TLP and other progression servers:

Mangler: General = 1497 Traders = 135
    Ragefire: General = 194 Traders = 36
    Selo: General = 191 Traders = 75
    Coinaiv: General = 147 Traders = 62
    Phinny: General = 104 Traders = 50
    Agnarr - General = 83 Traders = 45
    Miragul - General = 74 Traders = 8
    Lockjaw - General = 57 Traders = 4
    Fippy - General = 4 Traders = 0
    Maneuvre likes this.
  10. Ebine Augur

Cornaiv at PoP era had 16 guilds clearing Quarm.
    Most likely there will be a drop off after Mangler gets past PoP and the new servers come on line.
  11. Eldrian Augur

Actually Lockjaw - 2 guilds clearing all content, TBS era with SoF expected in next few weeks
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  12. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Sorry, I just meant it will soon be literally a dead server, as it's been slated to merge with Ragefire. Although I did not know you still had 2 guilds clearing either :)
  13. Aegir Augur

Dunno if it's Corona or all these bonus events.

Looking at that February chart. Phinigel had yeah, average 100 - 160 in General Channel.

This weekend it was steady at around mid-200's. I did expect some returning players etc. with the free heroic stuff, but not at this magnitude. We have to go back to Secrets of Faydwer or Seeds of Destruction era for those kind of Numbers in General for Phinigel.

Any of the other "low" pop TLP's seen some new - or old faces here in late march?

It's pretty optimistic to expect these numbers to sustain for a longer period of time moving on, but it was a nice surprise - and hopefully good for DPG too! :)
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Maneuvre Augur

Thanks for aggregating this information. Very interesting to get a ballpark idea of what these populations look like. So to have some fun and make a theme out of this...

Mangler = TLP Cruise Ship.
    (THEE Anniversary Server)

Ragefire + Lockjaw = TLP lifeboat.
    (congrats to the survivors)

Selo = TLP speedboat racing to Live.
    (ever see people fly off one of these?)

Coirnav = The TLP's very own Titanic.
    ("Coirnav will be fine" lol)

Phinny = The TLP steamship.
    (OG TLP that Phinny 2.0, 3.0 etc. were modeled after)

Agnarr = TLP Viking ship.
    (the TLP time capsule. Then :D 99 came out. Oof)

Mirgaul = TLP spaceship.
    (test drive heroic toons on a new but empty world)

Fippy = TLP ancient ark.
    (was nice knowing you. now why not repurpose this into a special ruleset server?)

Rizlona = USNS Comfort.
    (Boxer/Botters' Paradise)

Aradune = USNS Mercy.
    (Mercy for your quarantine needs)
  15. Pappasalt Augur

Find a server rule set you enjoy, find a community to join, play the game? Why does it matter what the population is really? Any tlp that has been out more than a few months is top end heavy.
  16. mark Augur

2 active guild in lj.