Can only DPS at about 40% of normal with new pet aggro changes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Danille, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Leex Pewpewer

You're right, I was drawing a blank at work..

10 minutes guys..a full 10 minutes to use 1 spell for a whole..1 mob.

/sigh
    Danille likes this.
  2. Matari Augur

I have a 100 druid already. Haven't played the shaman past 80, so I thought I would give it a try.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Well you know the old saying, mistakes happen.....mistakes happen and when they do no one is ever allowed to correct them and if they try I'll say too late I've been oppressed too long I quit thus I win you should feel bad and give me your sympathy I'm super serial!

Hopefully the new stuff coming ends up being the solution while allowing pets to tank for melee groups, too.
    Benzarden likes this.
  4. Matari Augur

Except the majority of people who play mages, play them for their ability to molo/box. So good luck finding a mage to group with.
  5. Matari Augur

Mages and the rest of the pet classes aren't a substitute for lack of tanks. If you need a tank on live, pop a merc.
  6. Repthor Augur

Thank you i grouped with a mage today it was quite enjoyble. ty for your insight
    Quuq, Benzarden and Sancus like this.
  7. Hostility Elder

Wait what? I play a mage, and I play sham, and cleric. A tank merc fully AAed, and equiped is no substitute for a real tank, or a pet tank
  8. segap Augur

A pet tank is easier to heal than a merc. A merc tank is much better at grabbing aggro and adds. A merc tank was more than sufficient for all of tds progression. I've used both a pet and merc for all the tbm merc and partisans with no trouble.
    Hostility likes this.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Not that there was an abundance before, but........
    [IMG]
    Iila likes this.
  10. Gnomeland Augur

This is the actual post:

I don't see anything about returning pet aggro to what they were before, only that they were changing the way the nerf works - ie a quality of life improvement. Do you see anything in the message that says they were going to increase the aggro of pets back to the way it was before? Because I don't. It sounds to me that the nerf to pet aggro is here to stay, but that to make it easier to accept for mages, they decided to make swarm pets generate the same amount of per hit aggro as the main pet.

In fact, I'd say this post supports my view that they set out to nerf pet aggro all along. Read this sentence again:

"The design team has been poking at the aggro generated by NPC melee swings in an effort to better balance the hatred generated by pets in both raid and group situations."

That is to say, the goal was and is to "balance" pet aggro.
  11. strongbus Augur

This is what I scared of as well. Nothing states that they are making changes to the aggro nerf of last month. Just that they are going replace the 2 aggro aa with a working pet taunt.

They did say that swarm and charm pets will have higher aggro then what they have now.

mean that they are increase aggro for swarm pets and not changing charmed pets but for the normal summoned main pets it seems that .

pet taunt off = pet calm aa
    pet taunt on = pet prov aa

I have sent pms asking if they are going change anything to what they nerfed last month but no answer.
  12. Whulfgar Augur

I group with a mage almost 100% of the time when I am in grp content (Veirna) she has never had issues with aggro when I die (Whulf lvl 105 max everything war) the pet tanks like a champ, and she has absolutely ZERO issues dpsing or anything of the nature .

Yes I know the "bug" is out there, but It not as bad as I thought it was.. And it really only effects mages who think they should be able to simply player crush anything in grp content.

I have never, and will never agree with mages being able to take grp content that entire Group geared groups .. themselves cant take..

And Mages can STILL molo / solo as it is RIGHT now .. but rather then the mob just falling over dead (akla cruise control) now it actually is more in line, to how it SHOULD be .. You can solo / molo grp content, and it SHOULD .. have some kind of a drawback to put ALL mages in line with other classes who try to play that style as well.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

Danille What makes you think ANY class should be able to solo / molo any current grp end named content in the first place ?
    Vexed and Warpeace like this.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

...and you completely ignored one of the most important things Roshen posted:

That sounds like a solid improvement to me, but we'll have to see how it functions in practice to know the impact for sure. From his wording it sounds like pet taunt was pretty broken.

The point with this is they don't appear done making adjustments yet....so enough with the panicky sky is falling syndrome. The same thing happened with the major rounds of mitigation changes a few years ago and the net result ended up being pet tanking remained/remains quite viable. Deep breaths, yo!
  15. strongbus Augur

Gota agree that we have to wait and see. But form the sounds of it they are removing the pet aggro aa and replacing them with a working pet taunt.

So even if pet taunt is working you won't have pet proc aa running for the extra aggro.

They haven't said if they are going increase the baseline aggro form weapon swings for the pets.

So if pet taunt is = to what the pet proc aa gives for a aggro boost then we gain nothing.

In order for us gain anything we need 1 of 2 things.

1st for them to redo the base aggro from weapon swings.
    2nd for the aggro form taunt to be higher then what the pet proc aa gave.
    Igniz likes this.
  16. Cicelee Augur

TDS is current group content?!?!? I realize TBM is broken, but still...

And it has already been illustrated that more than a handful of classes have solo/molo group named content. Just because your class cannot doesn't mean others can, have, and should...
    Igniz and Drayze like this.
  17. Gnomeland Augur

The net result of the 2014 changes is that pet defense took a huge hit, and were it not for the actions of the pet, especially mage, community, would've taken a massive hit, which was fully capable of ending the use of pets as tanks then and there.

These recent aggro changes were/are on the same level in terms of effect. And against the example of the 2014 changes, they were not even talked about with pet classes before they were introduced. So yes, I do believe our response has been normal. You don't just make such a huge change, without giving players a heads up, and think they're going to sit back and wait.
    Igniz likes this.
  18. Matari Augur

Just like TBM is an expansion. They realize people are not happy so they rebrand something it's not. Why would anyone believe this stuff - I couldn't make this up.
  19. Enkel Augur

Hate to break it to you, but if a group full of group geared characters can't take on a named that a mage can, it isn't the mage's fault.
    Cicelee, Potawatomi, Iila and 5 others like this.
  20. Matari Augur

Most of the group content in this game is designed for small groups (4 max), not full groups. Being able to molo or solo some of isn't the end of the world. The large group content is primarily progression, and I do believe this stuff shouldn't be molo'd.