Can a mage pet be assigned Main Tank?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by CashIsKing, Jun 10, 2018.

1. CashIsKing New Member

I was curious if you can assign a pet to be the Main Tank so it would show up as the tank in the xtarget box. Would make healing easier when multiboxing mage with druid.
  2. moogs Augur

3. Yimin Augur

You have many options in extended target window for your pet this make healing pet more easy ...

YiMin
  4. moogs Augur

I just target the pet and then set it as Current Target. It stays that way until I zone. (That's so annoying...)
  5. Kyzvs Augur

Make a hotkey on the Dr00d?

/pause 3, /target jabbober
    /cast 1

.3 second delay while /target goes through then casts your first gem spell. Needs a tweak if your pet dies and you don't have a static name, but simple enough fix.

The other thing I do is make sure my box group is always assembled in the same order - then after a short time it's very quick to use key-presses - if your mage is always 4th in the list hit F4 to target mage, F4 again to target the pet. Then hit your assist hotkey to go back to the mob etc. Takes all the uncertainty out of using the mouse to target mobs and team members once engaged.
  6. Numzan Augur

I purchased pet name for this. Mine is named so it is always hotkey'ed for /target XXX /cast heal same applies with buffs etc...

It saves you a ton of time if you just purchase the Pet name right off the bat. Plus its cool having your own pet name. Others can target pets through UI or simply make hotkeys too. I usually try to warn a cleric of my pet name for emerg heals. Earth pets i back off if the mob is rooted.

When boxing a healer class, shm, druid, or enchanter its nice to be able to hot key right to the target. Macros really come in handy for this.
    moogs likes this.
  7. CashIsKing New Member

Never heard of purchasing a pet name. Will have to research that.

Normally I set up the extended target box with the first line being the tank, second line is first mob everyone to attack and enchanter mezzs the third line. That way whether I am boxing alone or in a group, my macros will work.
  8. Shizen New Member

Potion of Companion Amnesia 250 DB cash
    moogs likes this.
  9. Adonhiram Augur

The name Superpet is already taken !